Local Lighthouse Reviews | Glassdoor

Local Lighthouse Reviews

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Eric Oakley

Pros
  • Friendly staff, interesting work environment (in 5 reviews)

• Unlimited coffee and tea in the break room (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of your customer service calls will be people trying to cancel their service (in 5 reviews)

• Worst place you will ever work, you will go home every night wishing you never left your previous job (in 2 reviews)

1. "Back end, admin"

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time

Pros

fun coworkers
    upbeat work environment
    frequent employee lunches and other events/perks
    both CFO and VP were very personable and helpful

Cons

low morale
    unstable
    untrustworthy upper management
    a lot of back and forth and poorly communicated directions from management
    HUGELY unequal pay difference between upper management and the rest of the employees, ridiculous
    really and truly who you know at that place, if you didn't get along with the uppers you were done quick
    rampant favoritism, cliques, drama

Advice to Management

I don't think a young workforce is necessarily a bad workforce, but you need to watch your hiring process more closely to make sure you're letting less crazy in. Also, grow up a little, and don't take advantage of your employees. Give people the tools to succeed. Your people will always be your most valuable asset...I know you think they are replaceable because you made that very, very clear. Motivating with fear is an inexperienced and amateur way to motivate a task force.

"This place is going down"

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time

Pros

Free coffee and hot chocolate
    Coworkers were great

Cons

Their whole strategy is terrible, right from the way they obtain sales to how they do business and "make websites." They lie to their customers to get sales, and from then on everybody is screwed. Customer service has to deal with getting complaints, while the design and content dept have to constantly make changes because the clients are so upset.

They're losing so much money right now that they're indiscriminately firing everybody left and right.

No job security, whatever pay, no loyalty at all to their own team. Just look at their yelp reviews. If they don't even treat their clients right, what makes you think they'll do any better to their employees

Advice to Management

Don't treat your own people like garbage

"AMATEUR HOUR"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Orange, CA

Pros

You get paid every week.

Cons

Place is a complete sh!t show from Top down. They'll be closed soon...don't worry...

Advice to Management

Run.

"Layed off worker"

Current Employee - Content in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Content in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, interesting work environment

Cons

Unstable job security, unethical business practices

Advice to Management

Give employees notice before laying them off

"Customer service rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You pretty much get hired the same day, pay is good start at 12.50, and nice office with a good
    Looking break room. Unlimited coffee and tea in the break room. Medical benefits after 90 days of employment.

Cons

I was told by a supervisor to leave my heart and soul in my car, I'm sorry but I'm a human being not a robot. How is anyone going to be passionate about their job if they leave their heart in the car? 95% of the calls coming in are customers wanting to cancel. They teach you to "educate" a client but it's basically trying to re-sell the service because
    The sales rep lied to them from the get-go. I'm a CS rep not a sales rep. I tried talking to all upper management about my issues but was just given the same scripted answer. I was in another department before CS and I was actually happy there. Per protocol I couldn't be moved back. They don't offer you a new position they just give it to you. Once you let the managers know you're unhappy they basically tell you take it or leave it. I left because I choose to want to be happy at work not stressing. I saw plenty of CS reps crying and breaking down because the position is not a happy one. I Was only in the new position for 3 weeks. If you can leave your heart out of your work, this place is great for you.

Advice to Management

When managers hear the same complaints coming from the same department, please actually DO something to change. You've lost so many CS reps already, take the time to think, what are WE doing wrong here?

Sep 15, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback, at Local Lighthouse we do not "leave our heart and soul in my car". We care for all of our clients and try to accommodate their needs and request as much as possible. We ... More

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

Same day hire. Pay is pretty good. I was told they usually start people around $12 per hour. My pay was $12.50. Computers with double monitors. Your own Cubicle.

Cons

Ten minute breaks. Thirty minute lunch. Most of your customer service calls will be people trying to cancel their service. And LLH makes you rebuttal for at least 10 minutes before you can transfer the call so customers can cancel. Very strict with time. One minute late will get you written up. Things change really fast. Like using one CRM software and then switching to another with your only training being watching someone click around and talk about the program. Heavy, very heavy phones. A lot of calls and customer service has to make really long comments and support tickets. No wrap-up time. CSR's will have a lot of tabs open and a lot of notes to go through when calls slow down. Most representative can be heard arguing and being rude to customers. Customer satisfaction is low. One can get in trouble easily. Meaning, if a supervisor decides they don't like you, they can approach you, call you, chat you all they want. No one watches the supervisors and managers for signs of fowl office politics. And when a supervisor turns you in to a manager, that's it, your written up. It won't matter what the customer service rep says.

Advice to Management

Treat subordinates like paying customers, because, ultimately, that's what they are. Happy employees make happy customers. Don't let a supervisor walk into your office and say, oh, that guy or girl has an attitude and then you write them up for something or another. See what the real issue is.

"TELEMARKETING: NO LEADS/AUTODIALER"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tustin, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tustin, CA

I worked at Local Lighthouse (Less than a year)

Pros

It was located in a nice office,

Cons

This place is straight telemarketing! You are not told that at all. Great $ doutbful. people looked scuzzy.

Advice to Management

Be up front what the job is. Most people need guaranteed $. Not a get rich scheme if you keep pressing. No real qualified Leeds. TELEMARKETING w/ AUTODIALER!!!!!

Jun 17, 2015 – Vice President ofSales

We really appreciate your feedback. Our apologies if there was a misunderstanding. Any individual applying for employment at Local Lighthouse is made aware of the compensation plan currently in ... More

"Dissatisfied with life and social balance not to mention they claim they never pay base salary and never did."

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coffee maker and smiles.. ugly ones , but smiles, nice locations and decent equipment , pay is set but real closers would prefer better options

Cons

They never pay base pay and don't discuss comfort at work . Argumentative from senior staff about owed pay. Dress code a little high for a casual call center and cut your tie... what for?

Advice to Management

Get time sheets right, and don't cut ties.

Aug 4, 2014 – Director of Sales

We do not pay base pay, it is commission only with most sales reps making 5k-10k a month.