Local Lighthouse Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Eric Oakley

Pros
  • Friendly staff, interesting work environment (in 5 reviews)

• Unlimited coffee and tea in the break room (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of your customer service calls will be people trying to cancel their service (in 5 reviews)

• Worst place you will ever work, you will go home every night wishing you never left your previous job (in 2 reviews)

"If you were here long enough to pass judgement such as myself you'd know this is one of the best places to work!"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Tustin, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bosses treat us like equals with open door policy, never ask us to do something they would not, have morals and character, uphold promises to us as employees and our clients, treat us with respect, listen to our ideas, thoughts, and implement ideas they see that will work.

Cons

I have to drive 25 minutes! Ya thats it.

Advice to Management

Keep it up fellas, you guys make me proud to work here and I love the company that I know also loves me.

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Service Marketing Representative in Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Service Marketing Representative in Tustin, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of room for growth. Lots of incentives given for good work, and goals being met. Ideas are always taken with open minds. Competitive Pay. Comfortable working conditions. Big kitchen with lots of provided snacks & coffee. Desks can be personalized with pictures / candles, to give it a touch of you. Plenty of random company get-to-gethers (movies, pool, bowling, etc) Laid back and just overall a great place to work!

Cons

I don't have a window view from my desk (my big comfy desk I might add)....

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work - and let's make it a great 2013!!!!!

"The truth on Local Lighthouse"

Current Employee - SEO Technician in Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - SEO Technician in Tustin, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As someone who has worked at this company since it was an idea to think on. And speaking as one who has worked in every department this company has and has experienced every avenue from customer service to sales, to retention, to design and SEO.

Local Lighthouse provides a laid back work environment with a management staff that isn't breathing down your neck and micro managing you like its a prison.

If you give Local Lighthouse the respect of working hard, they give you the respect you deserve in return.

The hours are standard, they hardly ask for overtime and most that do put in extra hours volunteer to do so.

I have personally seen the fruits of our companies labor and product we provide to our clients. I speak to clients on a daily basis of those who have cancelled with us because WE GAVE THEM TOO MUCH BUSINESS. I mean how nuts is that.

Yes SEO doesn't work for everyone but that's why we have different products to offer to tailor each potential clients needs.

I heard someone review us once that said, "this is something any business owner could do for themselves"

My answer to that is: "well no duh Sherlock, every businessman could learn to do half the things needed to run their business, but you'd run yourself into the ground. So relieve the stress and pay someone else to"

Paying someone else to do something you could learn to do yourself is what employ's people in American business.

I could learn how to record my own T.V. commercials and buy the spots from the network, but why do that when I could pay a Media Company with connections to do it for me?

Local Lighthouse has been nothing but a pleasure for me and I have learned more than I could list here that will aid me not only in this business, but any other.

It's a shame people only look for the negative to make themselves feel better about being a lesser employee than they could have been.

Cons

If you had any logic, you'd realize there isn't any.

Advice to Management

Keep to the course, as one will often reach their destiny on any road they take to avoid it.

5. "Rising star with good SEO results"

Current Employee - Development in Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Development in Tustin, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Comfortable working environment
    - Ability to have input with the company direction
    - Competitive pay
    - Snacks, trips to the movies
    - Management with experience

Cons

- Morning traffic in Orange county stinks.

Advice to Management

Can't wait to see our further accomplishments for this coming year.

6. "Professional and Consultative"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Tustin, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-You can have confidence as a sales professional that what you say to the client will be followed through with (Great website, Local Visibility). Welcome call ensures that sales people don't over promise the product just to get the sale and expectations are met
    -Great work environment
    -Owners actually care about employees

Cons

Too lenient on sales reps that sell a lot but continue to act unprofessional.

7. "Treated fairly and fun place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Tustin, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair management, professional office, the sales team all wear ties, lunch truck, great morale and fun.

Cons

We run out of coffee cups too often. Not much bad stuff to say. I like all the people here.

Advice to Management

More sales spiffs! Thanks for the opportunity. I look forward to three more years!

8. "All around great place to work!"

Current Employee - Resource Manager in Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Resource Manager in Tustin, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I currently work for Local Lighthouse and I honestly can say I enjoy coming to work everyday! The people I work with are great, and the environement is always positive and constructive.

Cons

At times can be stressful with meeting quotas!

9. "A great place to make money"

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The help of other the salesman when you first start is wonderful. Anybody will help you put in clients information even before you know how to do so, just so you can get that deal (200 dollars). Everybody on the floor is a team player and wants to make money for themselves and seeing others make money as well. A great team environment.

Cons

You have to be thick skinned because some people on the other end of the phone are not wanting to talk to you and will let you know that very enthusiastically.

Advice to Management

Make sure that the customer service reps are somewhat salesman as well becuase it is a 2 part sale.

10. "One of the Best Companies I have ever worked for"

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Surrounded by quality employees. Get paid every week. Very positive culture and sales floor. Management is always there to help. Company is continuing to grow every month. Have the potential to make over $2,000-$3,000 every single week.

Cons

Not enough spiffs, also the sales floor could be bigger.

Advice to Management

To grow the sales floor and invest in marketing ourselves to get more potential clients.

"Love Coming To Work Every Day!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tustin, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful place to work with the greatest co-workers and face to face interaction with all levels of management who encourage new ideas daily. They are always looking for ways to improve and growing rather rapidly as a whole. Nothing but great things in their future.

Cons

Needs to offer employees more training and workshops and also more opportunities for growth in the company, which will more than likely be coming in the near future, as this company expands.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company.