Local Lighthouse Reviews | Glassdoor

Local Lighthouse Reviews

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Friendly staff, interesting work environment (in 5 reviews)

• thats funny the only pro is the guy who comes to wash your car (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Worst place you will ever work, you will go home every night wishing you never left your previous job (in 2 reviews)

"AMATEUR HOUR"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Orange, CA

Pros

You get paid every week.

Cons

Place is a complete sh!t show from Top down. They'll be closed soon...don't worry...

Advice to Management

Run.

"Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Manager/Sales Trainer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager/Sales Trainer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Local Lighthouse does actually try to help small business owners so you will feel motivated to sell a better product directly. The pay structure was also pretty solid and it felt like you were a part of a solid team and family. 100% commission, residual income, and medical could be an asset to the right person.

Cons

There is no loyalty at LLH whatsoever. There have been so many changes to pay structure, sales structures, and management that it seemed like they were grasping at straws to see what worked. I used to care about LLH very much but over a series of direct moves LLH became unstable which forced myself to look at other opportunities. I do not recommend new hires to walk into the current environment at the moment.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a direct plan for LLH moving forward. Too many changes is forcing all your sales reps to question whether they are working for a stable company or not. Sales is the heartbeat of the company and the more you continue to mess with it, the more you are going to lose out on potential great employees. Be upfront and honest with employees, do not give people the the run around and maybe just maybe you will get the best out of your employees.

"Layed off worker"

Current Employee - Content in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Content in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, interesting work environment

Cons

Unstable job security, unethical business practices

Advice to Management

Give employees notice before laying them off

"sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orange, CA

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked the the company a little over 2 years, When the calls were good You made a lot of money, You had the week ends off and the hours were pretty good, the managers were helpful , and great co workers

Cons

They didn't do what we promised, the web sites was not what people were wanting , there was a lot of charge backs , and what got me was when the company did a charge back they took all of the money but when you got paid on it , it was less the taxes , and some of the time the company got their money from the client AND the money that they charged back!!!!! They mis lead people to believe that we were Google thats why their being SUED... AND LET MOST OF THEIR EMPLOYESS GO A MONTH BEFORE CHRISTMAS... AND HERE I THOUGHT THEY HAD OUR BACKS !!!! IF IT WASN'T FOR ALL OF US THIS COMPANY WOULDN'T HAVE MADE THE MONEY IT DID. IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A COMPANY GET'S GREEDY !!!!!!

Advice to Management

You should have left well enough alone, things were good when we first started EVERYONE was making good money, there was just enough people , you looked out for us, gave us breakfast and we got rewarded at the end of the month with Great prizes, You shouldn't have gotten GREEDY, and because of Greed look what happened you fell.. !!!!!

5. "Great place to work! No place better in Orange County."

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Orange, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

i love that they do exactly what they promise every client and we have thousands of clients so happy they never leave us. I also love the high standards. If you lack ethics, you will not last here.

Cons

Not everybody succeeds here. There are some who cannot learn this product or who get excused from the job for unethical behavior. I tracked some of their other reviews online and found them crabbing about every company they ever worked for. Sad.

Advice to Management

I love the great work we do to help out thousands of customers. Thanks for the treats every Friday!

"Review"

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time

Pros

Fun place to work. Fun people and fun supervisors. Time goes by really quickly. Love feeling like a job well done.

Cons

Sometimes it feels a bit disorganized in terms of assigning tasks or what goes where. We don't always have all the answers.

"Full time job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

Full time hours , can get overtime, set schedule , weekends off

Cons

Clients will call in very upset with the service

Sep 15, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback!

"Customer service rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You pretty much get hired the same day, pay is good start at 12.50, and nice office with a good
    Looking break room. Unlimited coffee and tea in the break room. Medical benefits after 90 days of employment.

Cons

I was told by a supervisor to leave my heart and soul in my car, I'm sorry but I'm a human being not a robot. How is anyone going to be passionate about their job if they leave their heart in the car? 95% of the calls coming in are customers wanting to cancel. They teach you to "educate" a client but it's basically trying to re-sell the service because
    The sales rep lied to them from the get-go. I'm a CS rep not a sales rep. I tried talking to all upper management about my issues but was just given the same scripted answer. I was in another department before CS and I was actually happy there. Per protocol I couldn't be moved back. They don't offer you a new position they just give it to you. Once you let the managers know you're unhappy they basically tell you take it or leave it. I left because I choose to want to be happy at work not stressing. I saw plenty of CS reps crying and breaking down because the position is not a happy one. I Was only in the new position for 3 weeks. If you can leave your heart out of your work, this place is great for you.

Advice to Management

When managers hear the same complaints coming from the same department, please actually DO something to change. You've lost so many CS reps already, take the time to think, what are WE doing wrong here?

Sep 15, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback, at Local Lighthouse we do not "leave our heart and soul in my car". We care for all of our clients and try to accommodate their needs and request as much as possible. We... More

"Reliable place to make a good check plus residual and help people at the same time. Win, Win, Win"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Orange, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay
    Payed weekly
    Residual on EVERY DEAL
    Great upbeat and fun enviroment
    The most rewarding part is helping small business owners expand their business and to know in the back of my mind I am helping them feed their families.

Cons

The candy machine steals my money sometimes. :( my commute is far coming from South Orange County everyday

Advice to Management

When it comes to management they have mentored me in so many ways. I am forever thankful.

Sep 15, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback! We apologize for our candy machine, we will bring it up to the vendor.

"Client services supervisor"

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Local Lighthouse (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge room for growth if you want to work 5x harder and get CENTS as a raise. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE. They'll make you promises, yes. But the con there is that the promise is a double edged sword. THIS PLACE IS GARBAGE.

Cons

Let's start with the managers. They sit on their high horses getting paid Double what the supervisors get paid & talk down to the supervisors and employees. In this job I learned 1 thing, if a promotion sounds like it's too good to be true, it is. They put you on salary and take away your overtime. Even if you work a REQUIRED WEEKEND OR 12 HOUR SHIFTS you STILL won't get your vacation time approved. No matter what you do for this company, it'll never be enough. this company is paying customer service reps the same amount as the supervisors. THIS PLACE IS GARBAGE.

Advice to Management

Get your act together and get your chin out of the air. You're no better than the brand new employee, your job isn't hard or stressful, so stop using that as an excuse to treat people like garbage. Lastly, if someone sends you an email, REPLY TO IT.

Sep 17, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback; this will be addressed with the appropriate parties. We treat all of our employees the best as possible, we apologize you did not agree. Local Lighthouse wishes you the... More