LocalVox "berry company" Reviews | Glassdoor

LocalVox Employee Reviews about "berry company"

Updated Nov 13, 2015

2.7
LocalVox CEO Jim Continenza (no image)
Jim Continenza
Pros
  • "Good place to get your feet wet in the digital marketing industry but not a place to stay(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "The sales floor is a revolving door, and no one in upper management really cares who you are(in 5 reviews)

• "Now that they were bought out by The Berry Company it will only get worst(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "berry company"

Return to all Reviews

"Start up that lost it's soul"

in New York, NY

I worked at LocalVox

Pros

Fellow employees are a great group of young professionals. Most LocalVox, not Berry, employees are hard working and committed to the brand.

Cons

Since LocalVox was purchased by The Berry Company, moral has declined drastically. Every quarter employees are reminded that they work for a "Sales company" and sales always comes first. The management team declined almost as sharply as moral did. Since the acquisition new management was brought in from The Berry Company, an aging print catalog company, and their mentality is stuck in a bygone era when they were relevant. Unable to accept change or ideas from employees, regardless of skill set or experience.

Advice to Management

Retire

LocalVox2015-11-13

"Lots of sizzle, no steak!!! Get used to the term 'clawback'!!!"

Current Employee - Digital Media Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at LocalVox full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health benefits Good amount of vacation days Cool headsets for reps Easy commute

Cons

Sales reps have been under pressure while having our resources stripped away. First we used to have a marketing dept that generated leads that has now been disbanded. Now all the hot inbound leads go to the boss son who distributes them to his buddies in Dayton. So this is just a boring cold calling job. Now here is the real kicker...if you close a deal and the client cancels for any reason (even if the CS rep isn't doing their job), the commission youve been paid gets 'clawed back'!!! Everyone is getting pissed!!! LocalVox NYC is treated diff than the Berry company employees, basically we are like their stepchildren.

Advice to Management

Change the sleazy commission policy. Increase base pay. Go back to sharing inbound leads w NYC office. Get better client support reps who are going to service clients so they don't cancel and we lose our hard earned $$$.

LocalVox2015-06-21

"BEWARE before accpeting a job here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LocalVox full-time for more than a year

Pros

good health benefits. decent lunch spots in the penn station area.

Cons

our clients always complain that they're not getting ROI because the product doesn't work. it's annoying for us because we always have to keep trying to retain them with spin and fluff rather than numbers and results. most of the management team that was in place before the corporate acquisition are long gone, so hard to really learn from leaders that have passion for the brand or industry. the berry company which acquired localvox is a midwest based company that's run by a father and son on the sales and client support side. the father is a complete control freak who had cameras installed in the NY office since he's based out of dayton! he shows up once a month to flex his muscles and that's when everyone pretends they're actually working lol. practically no room for upward mobility since all promotions get handed out in dayton to the berry company natives. the new CEO seems sincere and smart but he's so far removed from the reality on the ground. he came to the office 1 time and had this great speech and then nobody's seen him since.

Advice to Management

have more training about industry trends. we used to have a "lunch and learn" series - bring it back! don't discount the value of company culture. have more company wide events. re-modulate the office so it doesn't feel like we're working in a sweatshop. get rid of the intrusive cameras all over the office. have the new CEO more present and involved, maybe he can make a difference!!!

LocalVox2015-06-16
  4. "Client Services"

in New York, NY

I have been working at LocalVox

Pros

Fun, down to earth people to work with. Everyone is a team player and willing to help. If you're having trouble with a client, supervisors will get on a call to help resolve the situation.

Cons

If you are that "All Star" employee then you won't receive the appreciation and recognition that you deserve. Previous experience, and degrees mean nothing once you become a LocalVox employee. Employees are forced to sit and work like "lab rats".Unbalanced wages for employees. Not only that, small business owners are being overcharged and sold into services that they don't even need. What makes it worst they throw about 20 accounts to each person so the TLC the businesses deserve aren't what they're getting. Sales team will make false promises to these small business owners and expect client services to own up to them. Now that they were bought out by The Berry Company it will only get worst. They are only in it for the $$ not the building up of small business communities. Competitive environment with very limited room for growth.

Advice to Management

Show recognition to the REAL employees who bust their butt EVERY DAY. Not just your fave "all stars"

LocalVox2015-06-04