LocalVox "digital marketing" Reviews | Glassdoor

LocalVox Employee Reviews about "digital marketing"

Updated Apr 25, 2016

2.7
LocalVox CEO Jim Continenza (no image)
Jim Continenza
Pros
  • "Good place to get your feet wet in the digital marketing industry but not a place to stay(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "The sales floor is a revolving door, and no one in upper management really cares who you are(in 5 reviews)

• "Now that they were bought out by The Berry Company it will only get worst(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "digital marketing"

Return to all Reviews

"Exactly what you should be looking for in a career"

Digital Account Coordinator in Dayton, OH

I have been working at LocalVox for less than a year

Pros

When I first came to LocalVox the company came across as being stuck a bit of a rut, which seemed to be due to previous employees that had come into the company and did not want to work. That has now changed, and most of those employees have moved on to other jobs outside of LocalVox, realizing this was a career where you needed to actually try to succeed in helping out small businesses. Personally, I have been working for LocalVox for 8 months and could not be happier with where I am. The supervisors are experienced, knowledgeable, friendly and genuinely care about my career goals, whether in the company or not. LocalVox offers insights into digital marketing that I had not previously experienced at past jobs, and really takes the time to train each individual that starts with the company. Plus, there is so much opportunity for growth within. I would recommend serious consideration for a job with LocalVox to anyone who is offered. You won't regret it, and if you work hard, then you will be rewarded.

Cons

The only con would be where the company was when I first started, but like I said, in the pros, that has already changed drastically.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring intelligent, hard-working employees and this company will continue to grow.

LocalVox2015-06-19

"Lost its culture"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at LocalVox full-time for more than a year

Pros

When the old management was present things were much more structured. People were able to share ideas & actually contribute. You can learn more from the people you work with then the actual company itself. Good place to get your feet wet in the digital marketing industry but not a place to stay.

Cons

Micro management ever since the SVP resigned. It lost it's culture & became a digital sweat shop environment. It doesn't feel like your part of a team but rather your part of a machine that only ensures that "they" hit their number. There is no management or any form of leadership. People are leaving on their own for better opportunities.

Advice to Management

Get some management, not everybody likes to hear the same message constantly repeated & having meeting after meeting regurgitating the same thing. We know this is a sales environment we know you need to hit your number, People are trying their hardest but pressuring them in a passive aggressive fashion is going to make more people leave, make them feel like a team.

LocalVox2016-04-25

"Fast Paced and Educational Environment"

Current Employee - Client Services

I have been working at LocalVox full-time for more than a year

Pros

LocalVox Media was a great fast paced start-up environment full of young, smart, talented workers looking to make an impact in the local digital marketing space. This is a great place to work if you're interested in working hard, taking on a lot of responsibility, and constantly learning.

Cons

In my opinion, there weren't any particular cons that I didn't expect working at a start-up. Like anywhere you work, there will be difficult situations that you will deal with but the fun part about LocalVox is you have the ability to directly address those situations and create a plan that can impact your co-workers and future employees.

Advice to Management

Continue sharing the direction of the company with everyone in monthly meetings and continue to show interest in employee's career path.

LocalVox2014-04-14