Lochbridge Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Lochbridge CEO Romil Bahl
Romil Bahl

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance and friendly to family (in 9 reviews)

• Good pay, good people and new strategy (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No hike no bonus even no relocation don't you think its really exciting (in 4 reviews)

• Unfortunately, Lochbridge had to accept some tough changes to rightsize if it wanted to remain a leading IT Professional Services firm (in 4 reviews)

1. "Sales Manager"

I worked at Lochbridge full-time

Pros

Management is very lassie fare

Cons

No real culture perks for young people

"H1B visa hires depress local talent salaries - a simple job change netted me almost 40% raise"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Detroit, MI

I worked at Lochbridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When consulting, I was paid salary, regardless of hours worked. Bonuses paid for billing overtime, or hitting quarterly hour quotas. Three weeks of vacation accrued, which is better than some. Management rarely hampered development or work.

Cons

Year-over-year raises of 1% for four years - did not keep up with inflation or cost of living. Company appears to have gone hard toward employing H1B visa employees, which illustrates a perfect scenario showing how corporations are taking advantage of federal regulations. They are hiring directly from India, and displacing American workers. This company's business practices are a cancer for local salary averages. Over the course of time I worked at this company, my team was reduced from predominantly American staff, to two out of fifteen individuals being originally from this country. I hope this business model is destroyed, and if need be, this company with it.

Advice to Management

Requiring quarterly and yearly reports from employees consulting outside of the main office is a waste of time. Proper diction and pronunciation is something which people are willing to pay a premium for. Sweet lord, give an actual raise on occasion. It would've gone a long way toward keeping me as an employee.

3. "Ambitious but unsustainable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Lochbridge full-time

Pros

- Takes on ambitious projects and wants to work on the cutting edge of technology, if you're in the right teams, there aren't too many mundane tasks.
    - There ~are~ were some ridiculously talented engineers to work with.
    - Management has an open door policy and is willing to listen/improve.
    - I guess they have some leverage to get a foot in the door to pitch innovative ideas in the Midwest.
    - Respectful colleagues

Cons

- Horrible(putting it lightly) compensation
    - Too much attrition(partly caused by the above)
    - Efficiency could use some work. There is more focus on marketing than the service.
    - Results from the management's open door policy aren't visible, credit due to them for listening, but acting on those items is also important.
    - Low morale, I have never heard someone who isn't management singing praises of the company. You need a Chief Happiness Officer, badly.
    - Zero identity within employees, there is no brand identity, this could've been solved by really simple things like company swag.

Advice to Management

Start paying talent what they are worth in the market. In spite of having multiple opportunities to move sooner than I did, I stayed because I believed in what the company was trying to achieve. I left because every time I thought about how much I was underpaid, I started doubting my skills. You cannot retain great employees with your vision alone. There is no dearth of highly innovative companies wanting to hire talent, there is however a shortage of talent in the market.

If you cannot pay people enough, hire fresh grads, they the have most incentive to innovate but do not try to exploit them.

I'd suggest focusing on product more than marketability. Counter to the safe strategy of having a highly efficient sales force that can sell anything you have, build something you wouldn't have trouble selling.

4. "Sinking ship with no future"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Detroit, MI

I worked at Lochbridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Before Bahl became CEO, Lochbridge was a growing company focused on its employees and clients. Everyone was upbeat about the spinoff from Compuware and enjoyed their work. There was a future. There are many talented individual contributors that work very hard for the company and their clients.

Cons

The new executive team has destroyed Lochbridge and its talent pool. The CEO, COO, and CFO suffer from arrogance and incompetence, and have no vision what a IT services company is and how to run it. The sale to DMI was the last resort to salvage any return for the private equity firm that owned Lochbridge. During Bahl's 2-year tenure, annual revenue went from $150MM to $40MM, and headcount from over 700 to under 300, with about 1/4 of that in India. The firm is not respected by its largest clients, as they are frustrated with lack of corporate vision and a constant revolving door of employees.

Advice to Management

To the DMI executive team: I'm not sure what you thought you were buying. Yes, there is a small and talented team of IoT engineers. But they have never delivered any solutions that are in production. Lots of pilots and prototypes, but there is no IP or commercial solutions. You need to get a new executive team in place before you lose all major clients.

"Flexible/Good Environment"

I have been working at Lochbridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible and good working environment.

Cons

Less job opportunities, frequent acquisition by other company.

Advice to Management

None

6. "Good Culture, But growing pain"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Detroit, MI

I worked at Lochbridge full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Worked for company for 8 years. love the culture and people i used to work with. Very good pay. if you are willing to work hard, they provide lot of importunity.

Cons

LB is start up company so they have some ups and down.

"New Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Lochbridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It has been pleasure working here as there has been active collaboration across all functions. Many growth opportunities with new logos opened up in all sectors. Management efforts in engaging the employees have been very successful.

Cons

One can not sit on fence and do nothing. Everybody is encouraged to participate and contribute. CEO is very approachable and always welcome suggestions and feedback.

Advice to Management

Keep driving... you got us on autopilot mode.

May 11, 2017 – Sr Vice President

Thanks for your response. Best wishes!

"Great Place to Work even through some of the growing pains"

Former Employee - Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Consultant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Lochbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lochbridge clients know that Lochbridge only highers quality talent and they are willing to pay a premium for that talent.
    Lochbrige contractors are well respected by the team and management of the client
    Lochbridge management is very engaged, approachable, and open.
    Employees also have accessibility to the resources and training.

Cons

There are clearly some growing pains and communication could be improved.

Advice to Management

Keep the management team you have inherited in place because they know the industry and what they are doing and genuinely care about their employees. Get ahead of any conflicts between the client and the contractor such as holidays, buyouts, etc.

Apr 15, 2017 – Sr Vice President

Thanks for your feedback; much appreciated! Best wishes in your future endeavors...

"Cannot carry over more than 40 hours of accrued vacation time"

I have been working at Lochbridge full-time

Pros

Lochbridge is the 'rebranded' Compuware Professional Services firm. It is backed by Private equity. The new CEO is working to rebuild the firm and is making good progress.

Cons

Cannot carry over more than 40 hours of accrued vacation time

Do not have a national presence yet.

Apr 15, 2017 – Sr Vice President

Thanks for your feedback. We are fully committed to meet our mission and have made great strides in FY17... all thanks to all engaged employees. The comment on carry over is not correct; would... More

10. "Analyst"

I have been working at Lochbridge full-time

Pros

1. Working on new tech.
    2. Reachable management

Cons

1. Low salary
    2. Low expanding rate

Mar 16, 2017 – Sr Vice President

Thanks for your feedback. We are making serious efforts to accelerate our growth and in FY17 we have been very successful in adding many marquee logos to the company. You would have seen that in... More