Lockheed Martin Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Houston, TX Area

1.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Poor management in aerospace (Orion)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time

Pros

Receiving your check on time

Cons

Blatant unequal & unethical treatment of employees working in the same department by mangagement.

Advice to Management

Implement a value added process whereby employees can fairly rate managers and hold them accountable to conducting ethical business and management principles. I should mention names, but remain hopeful this company will improve their management style.

2. "Giant Bureaucracy where things move slowly and projects are not efficient"

Former Employee - Systems Integration/Test Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Integration/Test Engineer in Houston, TX

Pros

This review is for Lockheed Space Systems Company - I worked there for 3 years out of college

A variety of benefits
    *Strong benefit package
    *Pay is comparable with the aerospace industry
    *Great time off - 9/80 schedule
    *Has some of the best contracts in the industry

Cons

The huge downside is the bureaucracy. They sent me and all of the other 40 or so new hires to Houston, TX...when the entire management team was in Denver. As a college hire, my manager, lead, and the rest of the team (except for a few other new hires) were all in Denver. Needless to say, this meant that my development and my opportunities were hindered.

The bureaucracy that allowed such a set-up to occur showed itself in other ways. Work was done slowly and projects were consistently behind schedule. It seemed that for every person doing real work, there were about 3 people just sitting around. This made it hard to get real work that develops skills and it made promotions and development opportunities hard to come by. I definitely don't recommend Lockheed.

Advice to Management

Keep your teams small so that they can stay lean and efficient.

Showing 2 of 5,148 reviews