Lockheed Martin Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 16, 2017

1.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "I'm considering returning to my old job,"

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The ability to work with and use new technology.

Cons

I started working at LM this past year and am considering going back to my old job. I took a pay cut in order to work for LM because I wanted to work in this type of environment with long term job stability that they are known for.

Before signing the offer letter, my wife and I reviewed the benefits package and it was pretty decent. However, they just announced their new 2018 plans and it is awful. HUGE deductible. It's right in line with the ACA options. Not to mention changes that negatively affect your HSA as well. They are cost cutting like crazy despite multi billion dollar profits.

My first day on the job, everyone in the office was telling me how awesome of a company this was. Today, after the new benefit announcement, many of the people are talking about quitting, or just showing up for work - and not working at all. Morale is at a new low, when just a few months ago, people held their head up high. I'm amazed at how one decision at the top has soured the entire work forces perception of the company.

My family has a rich history of working for this company, and they were previously top notch. I'm no longer proud to work here.

Advice to Management

Grow up and treat your employees with respect. With your latest changes, you need to prepare for HIGH employee turnover, and poor business continuity.

Good luck retaining competent engineers :)

2. "Not a good working enviroment."

Current Employee - Senior Technician in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Technician in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Has potential for young people who want to continue schooling.

Cons

Poor working conditions for technicians negative environment, stressful.

Advice to Management

Review working conditions and exposure to the heat and elements. work to improve moral.

3. "Lockheed Martin RMS Luke AFB"

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time

Pros

Working at Luke AFB in support of the US Military
    Competitive Pay
    Benefits are ok, except for the medical plan

Cons

Security Operations Management and Leadership riddled with issues
    Ethics questionable
    Employee morale low
    Employee turn over on the highside. Happy employees do not leave their jobs!

Advice to Management

Know that you are there to support the mission and customer, not the other way around. Employees are hesitant to speak up for fear of losing their jobs, is the LM culture in the RMS division

4. "Unethical, Incompetent, and Wasteful of Tax Payers' Money"

Former Employee - Communications Manager
    Former Employee - Communications Manager

I worked at Lockheed Martin (More than 5 years)

Pros

Over a year after a verbal interview agreement, they let me telecommute a couple days a week.

Cons

During my tenure I was subjected to pressure, including from the highest level of program management, to do things regarding hiring practices that were unethical, possibly illegal, and in one case would have resulted in a client contract violation. Management's actions were clearly against everything that Lockheed Martin purports to stand for.

When I stood up to the pressure I became persona non grata. When I contacted their "Ethics" organization I was immediately dismissed and sent back to my program HR, which had failed to support me in the first place.

The program manager who had tried, through my direct boss to pressure me into hiring a friend of his who was not the best qualified for the position and would have cost the program thousands of unnecessary dollars to accommodate, flat out lied to me about the fact that he had a personal stake and relationship with the unqualified person I refused to hire. He also felt it necessary to suggest that somehow I had used poor business judgment by not making the hire, even in spite of the fact that I hired someone better qualified and there were no problems or lack of performance.

Above and beyond that, the program had a revolving door of incompetent managers at the highest level as well as those to whom I directly reported. There were a number of instances where PII and SSI were not handled properly, so much so that it resulted in the withholding of award fees from the client.

Program management's incompetence and lack of basic client relationship communications and management talent resulted in multiple instances where money--ultimately tax payer money--was wasted and spent needlessly. There appeared to be no consideration or acknowledgment of this.

Related to wasting tax payer dollars, the amount of money paid to subcontractors was practically criminal. Again, this is money that goes from our pockets to the Federal government, to government agencies, to contractors and their subcontractors.

It was a generally poor morale and a toxic environment. There was a complete disregard for honest discussion of problems that had a direct negative and performance-impeding effect on my job.

All they seemed to care about was covering up for mistakes, including lying to the client, disingenuous talk to the staff, and favoring and promoting those who toed the Lockheed Martin company line.

Advice to Management

Read my Cons. Stand behind what purport to be your ethics. Look into incompetence, mismanagement, and realize that you have people who worked there who really had solid, honest, ethical standards, were highly competent, but were dismissed as non-team players when they came to management with legitimate concerns and inconvenient truths. The program manager who put me under all kinds of undue pressure to hire his friend should have been fired. Instead, he was promoted.

The money paid to CEO's is criminal. That is tax payer dollars. If you had any conscience or decency you would reduce your salaries and bonus compensation by 90%, and you would still be making many multiples more than the average worker in this country.

If you want to make tens of millions in compensation packages get into an industry that does not make its money directly from tax payers. The compensation and profits made by government contractors is a huge contributing factor to our national debt. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

"Virulent"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Easy, Secure, and Stable Job.

Cons

Worst corporate culture; Bureuaracy is king; Highly politicized criteria for business decisions, leadership development programs, on the job training opportunities, and promotions; benefits and yearly compensation are sub-par in comparison to competitors.

Advice to Management

Stop the lip talk. Take better care of employees instead of your own profit margin.

"Steer Clear!! It's no longer the Sikorsky everyone loved!"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Stratford, CT

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Location was close to home

Cons

Culture has changed for the worse since Lockheed Martin purchased company

Vacation/time off is less than previously offered by UTC - not competitive among today's large corporations

Annual incentive bonuses are a thing of the past

Turnover of management and seasoned employees increasing

Very low morale

Small raises

Outdated policies

Silo Organization

Advice to Management

Sikorsky was an enjoyable place to work and employees loved the culture. I would recommend LM stop trying to impose so much change on employees in a short time. A 9/80 flex schedule will not make up for a cheap vacation policy. Employees are loyal to The Sikorsky grand. This is an old company. LM has given the impression to many that the Sikorsky brand will be phased out. You will have more employees running out the door if things sent turned around. Maybe this is what LM wants...

"Age Discrimination, Racist"

Former Employee - Manager in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in Garden City, NY

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Salary while it lasts

Cons

Once you train someone whiter and younger you are out the door

Advice to Management

Stop being racist and ageist

8. "Technical"

Former Employee - Technician
    Former Employee - Technician

Pros

They are now on a tier pay system.....

Cons

Red tape, divided toxic atmosphere counterproductive....

Advice to Management

I work with a woman there that didn't even know how to read a ruler, they brought her into manufacturing off the janitorial team, not the best way to hire people.....

9. "Lots of managers, no leaders"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good people that work there. Every other Friday off is nice.

Cons

Too many L coded people. There seems to be a new VP or Director for every little task. They like to assign tasks, but have no budget to give for us to work their tasks.

Advice to Management

Instead of laying off the people that make you money, thin the herd upstairs. Whoever is left should be allowed to lead their teams. Quit handcuffing your top performers with mountains of policies that do not allow them make decisions of their own. You are not utilizing your personnel to their full potentials.

10. "Don't settle. Keep looking"

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great salary Smart team, people stay forever and never retire

Cons

No flexibility, lack of diversity, somewhat hostile environment, lack of upward opportunities

Showing 250 of 5,143 reviews