Lockheed Martin Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time

Pros

Off Fridays and holiday shut down

Cons

No company culture - no employee events, not even with your group
    No opportunities for growth - only for leaders, you will have to wait until someone retires
    No teamwork - older employees will not share information as they are scared of being laid off before retirement
    No feedback - only once a year are you given feedback on your performance
    No flexible work hours or remote work - they offer it but they always turn it down

2. "Lots of managers, no leaders"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good people that work there. Every other Friday off is nice.

Cons

Too many L coded people. There seems to be a new VP or Director for every little task. They like to assign tasks, but have no budget to give for us to work their tasks.

Advice to Management

Instead of laying off the people that make you money, thin the herd upstairs. Whoever is left should be allowed to lead their teams. Quit handcuffing your top performers with mountains of policies that do not allow them make decisions of their own. You are not utilizing your personnel to their full potentials.

3. "Don't settle. Keep looking"

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great salary Smart team, people stay forever and never retire

Cons

No flexibility, lack of diversity, somewhat hostile environment, lack of upward opportunities

4. "Awefull experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Shorter commute from work to home but that doesn't make LM shine

Cons

The company is full with Racial discrimination.

Advice to Management

Change old staff and hire new generation who grew up with all the cultures and races.

"Lockheed Martin Information Systems and Global Solutions"

Former Employee - Maintenance Electrician in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Maintenance Electrician in Aurora, CO

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time

Pros

Wages and benefit determinations are protected by the Davis Bacon Act and Service Contract Act.
    They didn't pay DBA as they should have for painting or pipe fitting alterations and they never really calculated the SCA fringe benefits as correctly as they should have, but it was close enough for the lazy and politically appointed people down at the local DOL office. At least the DBA/SCA kept them mostly honest.

Cons

I was working for the largest defense contractor in the world. To my dismay, I discovered that they are too lazy and unconcerned to identify critical workplace hazards and too cheap to provide proper and might I add common sense and even inexpensive, protective equipment i.e. "respirator" programs for workers handling dangerous chemicals; although they are not required to do so under the antiquated OSHA laws.

As a result, I was permanently injured on the job in my home state of Colorado. To add insult to my injury, I was made aware of the sad fact that we have been stripped of our legal right to sue for work place injuries in this state. I have no recourse against my employers’ negligence and they have no real incentive to provide a safe workplace in the first place!

The Workman's compensation system handles all work-related injuries. The employer picks the doctors, or rather give you the "choice" of their two picks. You cannot see your own doctor, for fear your normal insurance provider won't pay. The unemployment doctors want employers to send them business, so guess who they work for? They are very skilled at setting up constant road blocks to treatment, let alone actual diagnosis and they're not afraid to shame you and even verbally abuse you while you are sick and standing before them. They actually let the insurance providers "case worker" sit in on clinic and specialists visits and guide the treatment! They have no shame.

If you are eventually diagnosed with a permanent injury. Compensation payments are capped, "very low" by a schedule of different types of injuries. An eye is worth so much, a finger this much, etcetera, and then they pro-rate by the percentage of total use that was lost. Guess what? Not every type of injury is even listed. Nerve damage, brain damage, loss of balance or endurance for example, let alone pain and suffering. I tried to get legal help, but it was difficult as the lawyers already know all of this.

Finally; after seeing their workman’s compensation doctor for nearly a year for this permanent workplace injury and receiving absolutely deplorable medical attention in the first place, my employer’s worker’s compensation insurance provider arbitrarily decided to deny my claim, simply stating that I was not injured in the workplace. Threatening me with a years’ worth of medical bills. Nice!

Advice to Management

CFR section 1910.120 is an OSHA regulation that I believe we should be following if we are going to have any of our people working with battery spills at any time.
    This is what should be implemented to comply:
    • Either, 8 hours of training plus “awareness level” competency for responders at the “operations level” (respond to prevent the spread, exposures to and the further release of hazardous materials, or
    24 hours of training equal to the “operations level” to know how to implement the employer’s plan and carry out decontamination of hazardous materials, for hazardous materials technicians that (respond to stop the release).
    • A written safety and health program for employees involved in emergency response for hazardous waste meeting the requirements of paragraph (b) of CFR section 1910.120.

Please search OSHA for the pdf fact sheet on hazardous waste.
    If this training had already been in place long ago, the incident I was involved in may not have resulted in such a severe exposure and injury.

Furthermore, speaking of safety in general. OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 hour training was brought up at a big safety event that we had, but some of the older employees act like anything associated with OSHA is a bad word. They wouldn’t even read our idea out loud with the others when our group made its presentation.
    I believe OSHA 10 and 30 hour training is also very important, because in the outside world this is standard training for all tradesmen and if our people were to get this kind of standard training they might be more open to good practices like not leaving running gas vehicles at the shop doorway, or maybe using floor sweeping compound when sweeping the shop. “Even the logistics crew is smart enough to do this.” This has always been a sign to me that the FSLS program really isn’t educated and doesn’t receive training to industry norms, when it comes to safety.

They began having NFPA 70E training which was good and I hope that continues, but there is a lot more that they could be doing.

6. "Lockheed Martin Review"

Former Employee - Nc Machinist !! in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Nc Machinist !! in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for the safety of our country.

Cons

No air conditioning,,very old facility,co-workers with bad attitudes.

Advice to Management

The attitudes from co-workers may be from no air conditioning and a old facility but management has to keep people in line and get everyone from management to Human Resources to the person working on the shop floor to be involved and do what your supposed to do and improve the work and working environment

"Good if you like to be used and let go in a few months, Unions horrible"

Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experience and insight in the industry

Cons

Worked for 6 months then was let go, was part of 3,000 other employees being laid off, was part of the union and paid dues, but never got a phone call back when they were hiring again.

8. "Sr. Configuration Analyst"

Current Employee - Configuration Analyst, Senior in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Configuration Analyst, Senior in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Use to be a reliable company with benefits, raises, promotion and fostered positive spirit

Cons

Greedy, too much layoff or relocation of position, no growth for senior staff, and no stocks

Advice to Management

Promote, reduce the many layers of management

"Instill Fear to their Employees"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, benefits, not much else

Cons

overworked, cumbersome systems, fear based management for results, old school thinking unbalanced pay for work

Advice to Management

Difficult to give advice since managers are all part of the same fear from above the chain. Be human and stop the environment of of having to be a robot and never make a mistake and if you do please do not treat people the way you do which is with fear even if you make one mistake.

"Nothing but a giant pork barrel / scam machine"

Former Employee - Level V Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Level V Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Do nothing and get paid including overtime.

Cons

Nepotism, politics, useless engineers, all designed to milk the government. If it were a civilian company instead of military/defense, it would have long gone bankrupt.

Advice to Management

Yea, keep up with producing nothing and asking for more funding in perpetuity.

Showing 263 of 5,298 reviews