Found 1,204 of over 13K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Lockheed Martin
Hello is there anyone at Airbus Airbus defence and space that will provide a referral for a recently posted opening? I am Buyer at Lockheed Martin with 3 years of precessional experience. In short I have: managed over 5 million dollars in efforts, led multimillion dollar negotiations with suppliers, and managed supplier delivery. Thanks in advance.
Salaries in Tech
Hey I am currently about 1.5 years into my career live in the DMV as a software engineer. Current salary is 140k. I got the offer with one year of experience I have a TS/sci yankee white. How much should I ask for when it is time for me to leave? I no longer work at Lockheed.
Project Management Professional - PMP
Hey all! Struggling to actually get into a PM role. I’ve got 4 years of project management experience in a BA role and currently working as a manufacturing planner for Lockheed Martin. I have my MBA,PMP, CSM and I’m trained in green belt lean six sigma. I’ve had a couple interviews that went three rounds. But told i didn’t have agile experience. Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated
Got a burning question about Lockheed Martin? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Lockheed Martin employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good Benefits and a full catalog of potential tech careers can be had working for them." (in 1218 reviews)
- "Pay is good and most of the people you work with are of similar mind set." (in 815 reviews)
- "Great People and very helpful" (in 665 reviews)
- "Great work life balance while feeling satisfied and fulfilled by the work I am performing." (in 652 reviews)
- "Pay attention to that and make sure you negotiate a good salary when you arrive." (in 251 reviews)
- "Poor management and hard to get things accomplished" (in 456 reviews)
- "Some managers have absolutely zero clue how anything actually gets done and are poor leaders.'" (in 262 reviews)
- "upper management is bad, instead of trying to cut cost where it is needed, the CEO gets bonuses for lay offs on the hourly employees and bonus for the rehire of same hourly employees for 'creating' jobs" (in 118 reviews)
- "Senior leadership had a very difficult time articulating that overall strategy and direction for the division." (in 110 reviews)
- "No training funds for self" (in 100 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Lockheed Martin and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0May 26, 2022Project Engineer, StaffCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsMarietta, GA
Great benefits working to provide great products to our customers. While it's a gov't and military thick environment, the current generation leaders are beginning to be more professionally 'softer', if that makes any sense. This has resulted in a more reasonable work environment and understand of work life balance.
Still have some remnants of leadership to are anti-telecommute/virtual work. These folks are moving into retirement, mostly, but there are some in my generation (GenX) in leadership who still don't grasp the effectivity of virtual work. These cons a slowly slipping away, but it's happening. It's a military-rich environment as our customers are mostly all military and gov't folks. Which means many of us employees are veterans as well. Us veterans tend to carry archaic leadership styles with us into the civilian sector, which leans towards placing schedule and metrics above people at times. It's not often and I've seen huge improvements in my 2 decades in the company. I'm looking forward to seeing this continue to improve in the next decade.
- 5.0Oct 9, 2008Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeRockville, MD
Great career opportunities and great upper management. Benefits package is better than most competitors. The management is very hesitant to let anyone go. Layoffs are extremely rare. Even with the stock market crashing, Lockheed Martin stock is doing great and my 401k is still looking good. The management here is worthy of trust and make every effort to be as fair as possible. Company offers ability and flexiblity to work from home which helps a great deal in work/life balance situations. Thanks.
Cost of living in the Rockville, MD area is quite high. Other than that the company and it's management are great.