Lockton Companies Reviews

3.7
Lockton Companies President/Chief Executive Officer Ron Lockton
Ron Lockton
Cons
  1. "Flexible, independent culture"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Lockton Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lockton allows you to service clients as you see fit and also provides excellent guidance in how to do so. In addition, the culture and feeling of belonging is outstanding.

Cons

Lockton can sometimes be behind the times in the tech and standardization of data space.

Lockton Companies2020-03-18
  2. "There’s a reason people work here for 20+ years"

Current Employee - Account Administrator in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Lockton Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the best place I’ve ever worked. The company truly cares about its employees, the culture, and the community. Work/life balance is phenomenal, great time off from the get-go, and no waiting period for benefit enrollment. They walk you through everything you need to know about insurance and there is so much opportunity for growth. The people are pretty fantastic as well- fun, down to earth, and wicked smart. There’s an on-site gym, Keurigs on every floor, free espresso machine, tons of microwaves, a beautiful break area, and a really laid back attitude across the company.

Cons

The Plaza isn’t always the best location to drive to, but the parking garage makes up for it. Wish there was an actual cafeteria within the building too.

Lockton Companies2020-05-20
  3. "Can be a great situation or really challenging depending on which unit you're in"

Former Employee - Associate Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Lockton Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, solid benefits, work hard/play hard attitude

Cons

Lack of flexibility in changing plans if something isn't working with a particular AAM/AE relationship

Lockton Companies2020-05-20

"Okay experience, but not for everyone"

I worked at Lockton Companies full-time

Pros

Good office culture, at least from a social perspective, friendly and helpful colleagues., most of which I can see genuinely cared for my well-being. Pay and benefits are about average for the industry, but should probably be more given the massive double digit growth they've had recently. Privately held, which allows for more flexibility. Very client focused and are very aggressive in the market, which is good but not all the time. Good place to start your career and learn from some very intelligent and helpful colleagues.

Cons

Very antiquated from a technology standpoint. Along the same lines they are (at least on the P&C side) not forward thinking at all from business strategy perspective, which hurts their business relationships with carriers (heavy marketing efforts for almost every renewal=little loyalty from a carrier perspective when you're in a bind). Every new account brought in seemed to be a fire drill from day one and if for some reason it isn't, it somehow becomes one over time. Part of this is due to their commitment to client service, which is certainly a good thing, but I also think there is a constant mindset of having to justify your existence to your clients, which leads to a lot of unnecessary busy work. Colleagues tend to over-complicate simple tasks which lead to things not get done in a timely fashion and finger pointing. The culture can be fun, but it grows stale over time. Management talks about being nimble and adaptable to the times when in reality they're fine with the status quo. A select few in the AE ranks have subtle yet inflated egos, which isn't good when there's always talk about the "team". What makes these egos especially tough to deal with is that they're not obvious. I genuinely liked everyone I worked with there on a personal level, but it became obvious over time that a select few, professionally speaking, were only in it for themselves and really didn't care about the career trajectory of their colleagues. Before Lockton I worked with some outwardly arrogant and selfish individuals, and as tough as that was, at least I knew where I stood. My experience would have been much more positive had I gotten the chance to with other individuals, but that unfortunately never materialized

Lockton Companies2020-04-21

"Big Company with a Lot of Heart and Conscience"

Current Employee - Producer in Southlake, TX

I have been working at Lockton Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company has a very family-oriented feel to it, and empowers its employees to be creative, and to do great work for its clients. Lots of opportunity to advance and make a difference in your business career. A company where you will feel good about bringing your "A" game every day.

Cons

There is a lot of talent around you so understand it may seem competitive from time to time. Everyone expects their teammates to bring their best every day so it may not be the right place for some.

Lockton Companies2020-04-11
  6. "Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Lockton Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Vast educational resources and a strong focus on community

Cons

It can be an extremely challenging environment

Lockton Companies2020-04-08
  7. "Great company. Quality professionals. Extremely well Managed"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Lockton Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Singular focus on quality people is the foundation to Lockton's great success

Cons

Organization this size can sometimes feel segmented

Lockton Companies2020-04-01

"Good"

Current Employee - Account Administrator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Lockton Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun. Nice people. Good training and development.

Cons

Some bad apples who are hard to work with.

Lockton Companies2020-03-27
  9. "Great company"

4.0
    Associate Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Lockton Companies

Pros

Positive culture, fun environment, encourage community giveback and involvement

Cons

Need more flexibility about remote work. Not consistent in their message, allow flexibility for some not all within the same position

Lockton Companies2020-03-24

"Very unprofessional and unprogressive company."

2.0

I worked at Lockton Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Parking is covered and location is off the Plaza.

Cons

They company prides itself on being innovative and giving employees autonomy and independence. However, their technology is out dated and cumbersome, and they have very little processes in place to manage their workflow. There is a lot of wasted time spent and band aids put on issues instead of resolving them.

Lockton Companies2020-04-01