Lockton Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Lockton Companies President/Chief Executive Officer Ron Lockton
Ron Lockton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is a great work/life balance and also a highly competitive 401k package, with 100% employer match up to 6%" (in 24 reviews)

• "Work hard/play hard environment" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is off just a bit" (in 40 reviews)

• "Long hours and weekends required" (in 15 reviews)

1. "Charlotte NC Office"

Current Employee - Account Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Lockton Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people in the Charlotte office are awesome. Everyone is very welcoming when you start and willing to help out in any way they can to allow you to get the hang of things. People here care about you as a person and not just someone they have to work with. Management is the same way.

Team environment that is easy to work in. You will be pushed to work hard and perform but never asked to do anything unfair. This is good because it pushes employees to better themselves by learning more and improving all professional skills.

Cons

The work is challenging but by no means unreasonable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Stay connected with all the employees regardless of their role compared to you.

2. "Account Analyst"

I have been working at Lockton Companies full-time

Pros

Great work life balance and great management

Cons

Felt underpaid and under appreciated at times

3. "Content Design Specialist"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Lockton Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office, location, company events and perks (such as beer Fridays)

Cons

Rude coworkers, high stress environment, no work-life balance, over-worked employees, management has no experience

Advice to Management

I felt constantly overworked and undervalued at Lockton Companies. I would suggest making sure your people feel valued and that the workload is evenly distributed. It seemed like only a few people got the brunt of the work, while others did not. This created a very uneven environment and resulted in me quitting my job after only being there one year. There were also no systems in place to make sure that coworkers treated everyone equally and I constantly dealt with rude coworkers who expected me to work over my lunch and late almost every single day. I hardly had time to use the restroom most days. This was very stressful, overwhelming, and frustrating as management knew this was going on and did little to change it.

4. "Great Company - But Some Associates, Not So Much"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Lockton Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They make it fun by having many events for the employees. Motto, Work Hard, Play Hard.

Cons

Some of the Account Executives are quick to throw you under the bus. You have to watch your back at all times.

Advice to Management

Instead of praising the Account Executives, take a look at those underneath them as they are the ones that truly get the work done. AE's get all the bonuses yet the grunt workers only get a measly $200 Christmas bonus.

5. "Senior Account Manager - Surety"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Lockton Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Health Benefits
    401k Match
    Community Involvement
    Nice Facilities
    Good Location

Cons

Poor Team Lead
    Micromanagement
    Below Medium Salary
    Advancement Suppression within Unit
    Flexibility

Advice to Management

Less micromanagement; title and salary match qualification/experience; more diversity

6. "Beware in Atlanta"

I worked at Lockton Companies full-time

Pros

Lockton as a whole is a great company; good resources at a national level. Privately owned, which had its advantages.

Cons

The Atlanta office has struggled with turnover as a result of poor leadership and questionable ethics.

Advice to Management

Do what's right; be nice to people; the producer is not always right.

7. "Solid Work"

I have been working at Lockton Companies full-time

Pros

Benefits Good, Vacation Days Fair, Beer

Cons

No bonus this year, Strict Dress Code

8. "Wonderful company, terrible environment in the Charlotte, NC office"

Former Employee - Service
    Former Employee - Service

I worked at Lockton Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is awesome! They really do try to put their employees first and they are committed to doing what’s best for the clients.

Cons

If you have any moral bone in your body, this company is not for you. Drinking, partying, and talking crap
    about everyone and their mother is embedded in your normal daily routine. And, if you think you’re going to ignore that and just do your job, you’re in for a rude awakening.

Most of the people in this office are horrible and uncomfortable to be around. They are quick to throw you under the bus to get to the top. The drama is the worst I’ve ever seen in any work place. You will be walking on egg shells everyday.

I honestly have never met a group of people in my life that has made me question my sanity and morality as much as these people did. Everyday is a mind game.

And, if you think you’re above and better than the drama, you’re not. You can be the nicest, most neutral person ever, and still you will find yourself in the middle of a huge issue that someone created out of nothing. And, you’ll most likely be be the blame for it because management tends to pick favorites.

I always thought that those super fake and vapid people on tv were just exaggerated for ratings and that they don’t actually exist....until I got to Lockton in Charlotte.

Advice to Management

Stop sweeping the problem people under the rug just because they’ve been there for years. Cut the mean girl drama out and pay attention to the employees with integrity who work their butts off, but don’t boast about it everyday and put it in your face.

"A Nice Approach"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lockton Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company takes a different approach to supporting and appreciating the individual. We were just given 2 extra days off around July 4th to make a very long weekend. Things like this just happen and it is always a pleasant surprise and much appreciated.

Cons

It is a service business and we have to be connected and on more often than most industries. That is also the differentiation between Lockton and our competitors as we maintain a higher service model which is more challenging and not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Lead with the people in mind and how you can balance their needs with the demands of the clients and business.

10. "Account Manager"

I worked at Lockton Companies full-time

Pros

Great focus on benefits, perks, community involvement, employee spirit

Cons

Training, although they appear to be working on it