KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Lockton Companies Chairman  Ron Lockton
Ron Lockton

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Would like to be able to work remote at times and the pay is low.(in 61 reviews)
  • "No work/life balance and there’s A LOT of drinking.(in 37 reviews)
  • "Poor management....little consistency from office to office(in 26 reviews)
  • "Poor or no training(in 21 reviews)
  • "Raises happen early, but are not enough to make up for the low salary.(in 17 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lockton Companies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good company

Aug 14, 2022 - Associate Account Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Salary isn't quite as competitive as it could be.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love my job but wish my job loved me

Jul 12, 2022 - Assistant Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun culture, nice retirement and insurance benefits, paid parking.

Cons

Welcome to Lockton: where the producers (salesmen) are paid highest in the industry but everyone else (especially ASAs, AAMs, and AMs) are paid lowest in the industry. They also do not properly train you, limit your overtime even though you physically cannot get everything done during the work day, only promote during the spring, and give some of the lowest raises I’ve heard of. The nepotism is also extremely discouraging.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good job as a stepping stone

Aug 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Met a few good coworkers here.

Cons

You are over worked, underpaid, and questioned on why you are working overtime. You're forced to stay to meet deadlines yet told overtime is something that has to be asked for. Your mental health will deteriorate and nobody will care. They act like they care about culture and your well being but really don't. There are more cons than pros, started off a great place to work until you realized the toxicity.

4. 2.0

Soul Sucking

Aug 17, 2022 - Account Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, work life balance.

Cons

micromanagement, voice goes unheard, lack of communication. Management makes changes official without explaining the changes to the account managers/ones dealing with the clients/customers.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lack of training

Aug 3, 2022 - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home although only three days a week is the only pro I can think of.

Cons

So many! The benefits are absolutely horrible. Nepotism is at an all time high. There’s no structured training and the expectation is that you know everything immediately. Like the previous review, I find myself working in the evenings and sometimes on the weekend only to stay afloat. The pay could definitely be better for the amount of work that is expected of you.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to Grow

Aug 6, 2022 - Account Administrator in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Opportunities for growth - Focus and emphasis on training new associates - Fun events - Culture

Cons

- Health insurance options could be better - Revisiting vacation accrual amounts

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place

Aug 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work life and people.

Cons

None. Great working environment and people.

8. 1.0

Hostile work environment

Jul 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lockton taught me how to be a professional, how to network, and how to have a good time. I also made many friends that I’m still in touch with. Lockton is a good company to get trained at.

Cons

My manager was condisending, rude, and unprofessional. When I would ask her a question she would laugh at me as if I was stupid. She made many comments on my appearance, and she would make false accusations about me in front of my colleagues that were rather embarrassing. She also expected us to be dressed to the nines while she came in wearing UNprofessional attire. This is all while we are getting paid less than living wage.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stop... Read this!

Aug 9, 2022 - Administrative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

My superiors; Frank Coppola and Kathy Loftus were the best ever!

Cons

Conpany promotes drinking however if you seek rehabilitation for alcohol or drugs, you are terminated while you are seeking help.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Account Manager role

Aug 2, 2022 - Account Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and work environment

Cons

Pay could be more competitive

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,031 Reviews

Lockton Companies Reviews FAQs

Lockton Companies has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 1,183 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Lockton Companies to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Lockton Companies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Lockton Companies. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

82% of Lockton Companies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Lockton Companies 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Lockton Companies to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Lockton Companies Job Seekers