LocumTenens.com Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Shane Jackson
1 Rating

Pros
  • Good Work Life Balance, internal processes well defined (in 6 reviews)

• great people, benefits are great (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard work is often ignored if you aren't one of their chosen (in 7 reviews)

• I have seen many posts of it feeling like high school or middle school, this is true (in 3 reviews)

"Superficial"

Former Employee - CVO Specialist in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - CVO Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LocumTenens.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People who weren't brain washed pod people or in a high school clique were decent. There's an in house cafe with Starbucks, game room and gym.

Cons

Hard work is often ignored if you aren't one of their chosen. Support roles are thankless and underpaid. Management style is based on the OPINIONS of account managers etc. not actual and consistent results. Management is hypocritical and uneven. Minorities in management are few and far between and those that make it are firmly in the Presidents pocket. Promotions are based on tenure and favoritism, not skill or management ability. Human Resources is not in the slightest confidential. If you have a differing opinion, even when presented in the most respectful and tactful manner you will be labeled and discarded at the first opportunity. Oh and HR will call your manager informing them of your visit, which fosters an environment of retaliation and pettiness. They will lie to you to your face and slander your reputation when you leave. People are hired based on attractiveness or whether they attended certain colleges. The specialty teams are allowed to be abusive to those in support roles as long as the team is profitable and making the company money. As much as they discuss charitable contributions, they often ignore their success is based off the work of the little people and they would not have a company if not for the hard work and dedication from those departments. Unwritten rules that those in sales roles can leave early on Friday regardless of whether all is needed for their upcoming assignment, often leaving those in support to finish up the details and stay late. No matter what happens as assignment unfolds if the person is somehow unable to work (unqualified/unresponsive/angry/arrogant candidate or lackadaisical medical staff contact or simply cancelled by the candidate) its the fault of the support team (CVO/Customer Care). Things often turn into a blame game, with the person who has worked the hardest having to defend themselves and provide documentation that they did everything they could, even when its clear their actions did not lead to the outcome. No matter what their current pitch is, the bottom line here is self serving and all about making money, no matter who is stepped on to get there. You can earn a great living here if you are willing to overlook the obvious shortcomings, fit into one of the previously mentioned categories or genuinely cutthroat.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting friends and family and find the best person for the job.

"Life here is absolute hell under all that glitz and glamour"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful office building, great coworkers, decent money

Cons

very very micromanaged, only a few divisions in the company actually care about their employees. The turnover here is insane, and there is so much drama oozing throughout the cubes. The Account Executives in your division hate you if you succeed because you are basically dipping into their wallets if you get promoted.

Advice to Management

I would like to compare management to a snake in the grass. They can't be trusted

"Get your feet wet here then move one quickly."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LT.com has a lot of flashy gear. Starbucks in the lobby, gym, personal trainers, in house cafeteria, koi pond, putt putt course. Those are the pro's everything else is a con.

Cons

Let's start with your first position. Being I'm on the sales side I started as an Account Rep where you intern essentially under 1/2 other Account Executives on your team. You sit on a different floor and in general you are treated like an inconvenience. Because you are to your AE's, once they promote you you normally will take part of someones territory. Therefore the AE's aren't terribly motivated to help you grow because you'll take money out of their pockets.

You have no work life balance at all. You spend an hour getting to work through traffic your work day is 8-6 or 8:30-6:30 and they are very big brother about this. People on a salary job now have to clock in when the get there and leave. I thought that was the entire point of being on salary no clocking in? But since the salary is extremely low they have to record coming and goings for tax purposes I believe. Especially since they never pay overtime if they don't have to. It doesn't really promote going the extra mile.

Everything is monitored. EVERYTHING. All calls and emails and instant messages and they will even stalk to figure out how long your lunch break is. Your manager will randomly sift through your calls all day and then email you to tell you what you did wrong. This can be beneficial but when it comes from a manager who has never succeeded in that position it comes off a bit redundant.

Yes we've been voted #1 place to work - because they offered us a leave early pass if we completed it. Managers will continue to send out email asking if you've done your survey. They even made a calendar invite for it. Voted #1 place to work but it's definitely not true. That and the retention rate is so much lower than we report. I think they say it's 89%? They don't count people in their first 90 days and it can't be true. We have had 7/8 tenured people quit on my team since I've been there. People here for 3/4/5/6 years and they all fled the building.

There is the normal corporate training but everything else is pretty sink or swim or your AE's are required to teach you and they aren't super motivated to help you out obviously since you'll take part of their territory. On top of that once you are promoted your put into a 90 day 'limbo' type state where you have a territory but they want to see what you do with it. For the first 6 months the territory is yours you don't make any money of accounts held by the previous AE even if they leave and you are carrying the burden of the work.

Once as an AE you'll begin to make a commission of your GP only. Not revenue - GP - and the will non bill you for everything. You get non bills for getting licenses for your docs. Even if they weren't requested by you but the marketer before you. You get non billed for any expenses occured that can't be billed to the client. And you take this hit on your commission. These sometimes average higher than 6K. It's a little excessive - on top of the fact that you also have to keep a close eye on your accounts because the accounting department conveniently forgets a few on your statement. Even if they remember to assign the non bills for that account to you.

I have a $1 Mil territory. I will not even come close to hitting 6 figures this year. And I'm talking $1 mil in my GP revenue is easily $2.5/3 mil and my commission scale is 3/3.5/4% max per month. It's all tiered and the highest tier is 4% pretty low for only getting paid on GP monthly.

The teams are very catty and very passive aggressive. You cannot voice your opinion without them retaliating and it is quite possibly one of the biggest gossip mills I've ever seen. There's an especially tenured woman on one of the teams and she is extremely snippy and very quick to undermine people in front of management. She's also known to complain to clients about her boyfriend dumping her... 1 year later....It's like working in a mean girls environment and it's on steroids.

They also let people who are obviously not cohesive stay on the team if they're making money. They could cause drama with every person, email clients while drinking, and generally be a massive distraction to everyone. But if that person is making money they won't let them go. Even if the entire team dislikes that person.

There also is really no clear career path after you make Account Executive and your managers never bring it up or try and assist you in developing a path. "There's a section on the homepage for that."

Great but what happens when I'm ready to move out of production. You don't unless you're one of the 'chosen ones.'

Also when referring people to the company you'll refer your best friends and people who are constantly in your life. The internal recruiter will then call them and do a phone interview and then NEVER call or email them back. You're stuck playing in the middle because the recruiter is constantly telling you "oh I'm going to call them" and then she never does and you're having to tell your friend maybe she'll call tomorrow. She won't and it's extremely rude to the associates who refer people and the people sending in their resumes. Extremely unprofessional. I never refer anyone anymore even though they offer an iPad and $1000 if someone gets hired. It's not worth having to explain to them that she will never call them back no matter how often she says she will.

Advice to Management

Get some better management. Every VP and manager I am running into was essentially promoted because they have failed at production. There are a couple that are super great at what they do but they aren't directly managing the teams. Lack of management that is unbiased and able to give real advise is a large hindrance. Also not allowing management to hire "Family Friends" and then promote them within their first 3 months there for no reason other than they are a family friend would be a great start. Listen to your Account Executives that aren't 10 years tenured and don't speak up a lot. They probably have a lot to impart but the atmosphere is not very conducive to speaking their mind.

Also if you could work on better company standards. Making a "Christian Company" work on Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas really does not lend itself to helping Christians celebrate the season. Especially when it falls on a random Wednesday. Forcing your associates to use their PTO to take time off during this year is not a great way to impress your employees or push the agenda of being a very family oriented company.

"Not Terrible could be Better"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LocumTenens.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I agree with the review below me - there are a lot of bells and whistles and the Starbucks is nice to have around 3 when your running low. The gym is nice because it's there but it's small for the amount of use it gets. Otherwise I'd say my lost of Pros stops there

Cons

Again agreeing with the review below - I left because I felt super micro-managed and I couldn't ever really get a straight answer on a solid career path. I think there is one there but it does need to be fleshed out more. The position of AR is rather demeaning and while I got lucky and had great Account Executives to work under most aren't so lucky.

Once promoted you get a territory but you have to really hope you get along with your recruiters and it's a state that they have candidates in. There are some awesome very tenured recruiters there who are really on the ball. But there are some which can be abrasive (this is normal in any job) and it's one of those situations that leads to a great interview answer of how you overcame a "tough situation." Agreeing again with the reviewer below there is definitely turmoil on every team some more than other but I think some teams especially the more profitable ones that are larger and going through re-structuring have a lot more strife than some of the smaller teams.

And I'd have to agree with the below reviewer again about management - I felt like it was very hit or miss with your managers. There were some cases of very strong managers who I wished I worked with and ones who I thought were not quite the right fit for the teams. Definitely some nepotism within the teams and it can be really frustrating. Especially when you saw people get passed over for promotions and they really were fabulous at their jobs.

Overall it's a call center and you sit in a cube and you make less than they promised even if you have a very profitable territory.

Advice to Management

Flexibility and making sure your employee feel valued. You have several tenured people who are frustrated make them feel valuable because they're great at their jobs!

"Great place to work if you have no college degree"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

LocumTenens.com is a great place to work if you are fine with staying in the same job capacity for the rest of your life. If you love recruiting without having to run a full desk, this is the place for you.

Cons

There is no real opportunity for advancement after the Research Development program. Management is just now starting to address this. Mentors are paid an override of your commission, which can lead to your co-workers not helping you if they don't like your mentor. There are no opportunities for career development or on-going education. Job really doesn't engage the brain much, and quite often your superiors can be complete morons who got lucky in finding a job that can be completed without a degree. I find that the account executives without a college education will often talk down to you to try to discourage you from staying as college educated new hired often utilize technology and can complete the tasks in less time and effort, thus threatning the comfortable lifestyle they have.

Advice to Management

Engage account executives further. The job doesn't always require 300 phone calls a week, I found that I could email my doctors and get better responses more quickly. Understand that there has to be more opportunities for advancement and paying mentors an override of commissions does not help anyone, it actually makes it harder for mentees to get help for our team members.

"Time for a change"

I worked at LocumTenens.com part-time

Pros

Many choice to choose from

Cons

too much traveling, not home enough

Advice to Management

too much in taxes