LocumTenens.com Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Shane Jackson

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time

Pros

Surrounded by people who work hard and want to do well. The amenities in the building are great...a gym, full locker rooms, cafeteria, coffee.

Cons

Depending on your position, you will either grow and move up fast or not move much at all.

2. "great people"

Former Employee - Account Representative
    Former Employee - Account Representative

I worked at LocumTenens.com (More than a year)

Pros

-great people who really invest in you, they train you well and are always available and willing to help
    -compensation makes incentive to work hard high
    -great work life balance and company culture
    -the office is beautiful - starbucks inside and a fancy restaurant and gym

Cons

-you're on the phone all day, a lot of times with people who don't want to talk to you and hang up on you
    -the staffing industry is just hard - you're bothering people who already have jobs to ask them to pick up an extra shift
    -turn over at entry level is crazy high

Advice to Management

explain high turnover rates better to people at the bottom. i was confused about why so many people were leaving and i was never told why or how that fit into the 98% retention rate

3. "Account Representative"

Current Employee - Account Representative
    Current Employee - Account Representative

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, great people, and path for advancement. This company offers you the ability to move up and move up quickly if you do things the right way.

Cons

The work is very monotonous. The training is limited and they essentially teach you the basics to get by. You have to learn a lot on your own and ask TONS of questions.

Advice to Management

Don't worry about rapid advancement for entry level employees. Focus more on proper training and the advancement will come.

"Account Representative - Intern"

Current Intern - Account Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Intern - Account Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LocumTenens.com as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked as an intern here for about 3 - 3.5 months. I would have gone longer had it not been for some personal challenges. Overall the company is incredible. There is constant support and training opportunities for account representatives (AR's) and account executives (AE's). Everyone here is a decently hard worker trying to do the best by their providers and clients. My biggest pro was the culture. You had the benefits of a positive work environment, a clean-eating café, a gym, the opportunity to make great commission, and a leisure space to distress in. Your management is very supportive of your progression as well. They do sit ins with you and call copy's to see where you could improve. Executive management did a good job as well keeping the rest of the company in-the-know about their strategy, growth, and vision. The annual mission of the company is a big deal and they live by it here. All in all, I would highly recommend working with this company to someone who likes the day-to-day of an office environment, inside sales, a team environment, and is willing to put in the work hours to build up their monthly commissions. Making the required calls/day isn't difficult either so long as you're on task.

Cons

Inside sales isn't for everyone. I personally am an outside sales type individual and more interested in other industries than healthcare. Although this company has a lot of room for growth, it just wasn't the right fit. I wouldn't say there are really any cons to this job if you're full time. The benefits are great. However, as an intern I couldn't afford to work here and pay my bills. The ramp up for good commission is slower than I had been informed about and making $10/hr before taxes is not much to get by on when I pay for all my own living and school. The learning opportunity was invaluable but making sure my expenses are covered is a priority. As an intern we do the same work and send up the same leads as any full-time AR but receive half the bonus payouts because we aren't full time. [example: an AR and an intern both sent up 19 leads one month, the AR received $800 in bonus payout while the intern received less than $400]

Advice to Management

I wouldn't change much. The training and onboarding process is wonderful! This was an incredible opportunity to develop as a salesperson and in a professional environment. However, the internship pay makes it difficult to maintain expenses unless you're working fulltime to overtime hours; which is difficult when you're still in school.

6. "Great recruiters. Very effective. But very expensive"

Current Contractor - Psychiatrist
    Current Contractor - Psychiatrist

I have been working at LocumTenens.com as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Their recruiters are proactive and very effective at what they do. Personable and level-headed. The reimburse for certain expenses when it is fair.

Cons

Their cut out of the hourly rate can be quite high.
    The are not as organized in keeping your current information current. Address, job history... etc.
    They have different recruiters for different portions of the country. Which is great, but also a hassle if you want help figuring out your options in the country in general.

Advice to Management

I feel it would be fair if they take these rates initially for their recruitment efforts but then later reduce their share as the years go by. But that's all locum companies.

"Client Coordinator"

Pros

Good Work Life Balance, internal processes well defined

Cons

Poor Management choices, no accountability

"Account Representative"

I worked at LocumTenens.com full-time

Pros

Amazing president, growing company, great values, great energy, a lot of very successful AEs that are fantastic people and great resources to learn from, great amenities, hr is very personable positive and enjoyable, very fulfilling purpose/work

Cons

Gossip gossip gossip. Operations teams treated like subordinates to producing teams. ARs not included in the teams their training to join. Most of all as is consistently seen throughout most of the reviews on here a lack of management is a huge issue. The company has several divisions so I will not attempt to generalize all managers because the senior leadership (vps, ads, mds) I've encountered are amazing. Theyve put in a lot of hard work and built a very successful company. So I'll just speak to the AR level. With the exception of the assistant manager and the div vp, the managers have failed in production roles and are way too young and untrained to be in management. They're nice people who went to high school with the right people so were retained and reallocated. As such it is more common than not for socialites who talk sports or people who missed their calling as politicians and are able to completely disguise their true feelings about managers to get promoted. My manager consistently lacked follow through and often failed to do what they said they'd do - breaking the cardinal rule of sales, do what you say you're going to do. The assistant manager even explicitly said they had to take a "managing up" class to be able to work under this person because of their inconsistencies, management inexperience and lack of follow through. I even had an hr manager tell me that biting my lip instead of telling the truth about these inconsistencies would be a better route. My advice would be play to their egos, get EVERYTHING in writing so they can't say "well I may or may not have said xyz" getting themselves out of being accountable and youll be just fine. But no ones perfect and its hard to expect people that were put in roles too early to be able to have the same skill as experienced managers. I think the company is just experiencing so much growth there just isn't enough of a pool to pull from plus inexperienced managers are having to juggle A LOT of things while still trying to learn hown to be leaders. It's a good company and they're all good people with good intensions so I'm sure over time this will change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and focus additional training on managers of training program to be leaders not just managers.

9. "not too bad"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They don't micro manage you. If your hitting your numbers and doing well they leave you be, you work a lot of hours on the recruiting side verses marketing side. Yet the marketers make more and don't do nearly as much work.

Cons

They promise you will make more money than you do and a kindergardener can do my job... seriously sometimes I think they should give me crayons and markers instead of pens...

Advice to Management

Pay the recruiters overtime if they need to be there until way passed 5:30

"Great company, good people, some communication issues."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LocumTenens.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company cares about employees, great benefits.
    Great philanthropy projects from company.
    Growth opportunities.
    Innovation is encouraged.
    Many associates who have been with the company for long tenures.

Cons

Some individuals end up in management positions without good training in managing; creates communication issues.
    Human resources is through the parent company, Jackson Healthcare, and does not handle things well.

Advice to Management

Provide real, substantive training to your managers.
    Communicate with your teams/company, even if the feedback isn't good. Protecting them from negative information doesn't help anyone improve.

11. "Research Consultant"

Pros

Fun People, great office space

Cons

70+ Phone calls daily, can take a long time to get promoted if team is full