LocumTenens.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 21, 2017

4.0
Shane Jackson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good Work Life Balance, internal processes well defined (in 6 reviews)

• great people, benefits are great (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard work is often ignored if you aren't one of their chosen (in 7 reviews)

• The Account Executives in your division hate you if you succeed because you are basically dipping into their wallets if you get promoted (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Company, wish that would show throughout."

Former Employee - Accounting in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Accounting in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LocumTenens.com (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits
    Great office amenities
    Successful company overall

Cons

Depending on what department you work in, it could be unorganized with poor communication.

Advice to Management

Better communication, organization, and planning.

2. "Overall Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Representative

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- high energy, friendly environment
    -amenities are amazing (Starbucks, great food cafe, and great building)
    -easy to make friends
    -very clear structure for promotion
    -the CEO is probably one of the greatest people I have come across in a very long time

Cons

-parking is a trek but there's a shuttle that is always running. It's annoying but not terrible

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time

Pros

great people, benefits are great. Great place to work and learn from your mistakes.

Cons

My biggest complaint is communication between management and associates is not the best. Sales floor isn't very supportive of support teams.

4. "All around a great company"

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time

Pros

Philanthropic, tons of amenities, great people, great managers

Cons

Low base pay, can be political

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time

Pros

Surrounded by people who work hard and want to do well. The amenities in the building are great...a gym, full locker rooms, cafeteria, coffee.

Cons

Depending on your position, you will either grow and move up fast or not move much at all.

"great people"

Former Employee - Account Representative
    Former Employee - Account Representative

I worked at LocumTenens.com (More than a year)

Pros

-great people who really invest in you, they train you well and are always available and willing to help
    -compensation makes incentive to work hard high
    -great work life balance and company culture
    -the office is beautiful - starbucks inside and a fancy restaurant and gym

Cons

-you're on the phone all day, a lot of times with people who don't want to talk to you and hang up on you
    -the staffing industry is just hard - you're bothering people who already have jobs to ask them to pick up an extra shift
    -turn over at entry level is crazy high

Advice to Management

explain high turnover rates better to people at the bottom. i was confused about why so many people were leaving and i was never told why or how that fit into the 98% retention rate

7. "Account Representative"

Current Employee - Account Representative

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, great people, and path for advancement. This company offers you the ability to move up and move up quickly if you do things the right way.

Cons

The work is very monotonous. The training is limited and they essentially teach you the basics to get by. You have to learn a lot on your own and ask TONS of questions.

Advice to Management

Don't worry about rapid advancement for entry level employees. Focus more on proper training and the advancement will come.

"Account Representative - Intern"

Current Intern - Account Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Intern - Account Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LocumTenens.com as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked as an intern here for about 3 - 3.5 months. I would have gone longer had it not been for some personal challenges. Overall the company is incredible. There is constant support and training opportunities for account representatives (AR's) and account executives (AE's). Everyone here is a decently hard worker trying to do the best by their providers and clients. My biggest pro was the culture. You had the benefits of a positive work environment, a clean-eating café, a gym, the opportunity to make great commission, and a leisure space to distress in. Your management is very supportive of your progression as well. They do sit ins with you and call copy's to see where you could improve. Executive management did a good job as well keeping the rest of the company in-the-know about their strategy, growth, and vision. The annual mission of the company is a big deal and they live by it here. All in all, I would highly recommend working with this company to someone who likes the day-to-day of an office environment, inside sales, a team environment, and is willing to put in the work hours to build up their monthly commissions. Making the required calls/day isn't difficult either so long as you're on task.

Cons

Inside sales isn't for everyone. I personally am an outside sales type individual and more interested in other industries than healthcare. Although this company has a lot of room for growth, it just wasn't the right fit. I wouldn't say there are really any cons to this job if you're full time. The benefits are great. However, as an intern I couldn't afford to work here and pay my bills. The ramp up for good commission is slower than I had been informed about and making $10/hr before taxes is not much to get by on when I pay for all my own living and school. The learning opportunity was invaluable but making sure my expenses are covered is a priority. As an intern we do the same work and send up the same leads as any full-time AR but receive half the bonus payouts because we aren't full time. [example: an AR and an intern both sent up 19 leads one month, the AR received $800 in bonus payout while the intern received less than $400]

Advice to Management

I wouldn't change much. The training and onboarding process is wonderful! This was an incredible opportunity to develop as a salesperson and in a professional environment. However, the internship pay makes it difficult to maintain expenses unless you're working fulltime to overtime hours; which is difficult when you're still in school.

9. "Great recruiters. Very effective. But very expensive"

Current Contractor - Psychiatrist
    Current Contractor - Psychiatrist

I have been working at LocumTenens.com as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Their recruiters are proactive and very effective at what they do. Personable and level-headed. The reimburse for certain expenses when it is fair.

Cons

Their cut out of the hourly rate can be quite high.
    The are not as organized in keeping your current information current. Address, job history... etc.
    They have different recruiters for different portions of the country. Which is great, but also a hassle if you want help figuring out your options in the country in general.

Advice to Management

I feel it would be fair if they take these rates initially for their recruitment efforts but then later reduce their share as the years go by. But that's all locum companies.

"Client Coordinator"

Pros

Good Work Life Balance, internal processes well defined

Cons

Poor Management choices, no accountability