LocumTenens.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Shane Jackson

Pros
  • Good Work Life Balance, internal processes well defined (in 6 reviews)

• great people, benefits are great (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard work is often ignored if you aren't one of their chosen (in 7 reviews)

• I have seen many posts of it feeling like high school or middle school, this is true (in 3 reviews)

"Churn and Burn"

Pros

Nice facility. For the most part all the people are very nice

Cons

You are a commodity. Basically they hire college grads, grind them down on the phone, fire most of them within a year and then hire a fresh batch. Nepotism at it highest level.

Advice to Management

Give people a chance to succeed and have an actual career...everyone walks around, every day, in fear of losing their job.

"In sufficient training, and you only get one month to prove yoursel"

Pros

The location is nice, and they serve Starbucks Coffee

Cons

You don't get any real training and get no time to prove yourself. I was keeping up with the work and doing a good job, until one day out of the blue, management calls me to the HR office and they let me go. No warnings, no communication about improvement, just had the rug pulled out under me.

Do not take a job here if you currently have a job. I made that mistake and now I am unemployed and receiving no unemployment because I was only there 30 days.

Advice to Management

Check your morals. Really look at how you treat people as commodities instead of human beings.

"Account Representative"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Beautiful people and building. Very stepfordish. Great sense of community and helping others.

Cons

Religious influence felt in the company can be overwhelming and a big turn off.

Lacking intelligent and meaningful management. Potential earnings are often touted, however this is greatly determined by the team and specialty you are on-usually those territories are filled with people who have been there for 10+ years. The other territories can limit your commission due to regions being saturated by competitors or legislation that makes it difficult to fill from LT's agency.

They really push input numbers with no regard to output (horse drivers when it comes to how many calls you are making regardless of your results).

Poor marketing practices. Marketing technology used ineffectively to the point it effects associates ability to send emails to prospects and clients (LT has a high spam score)

Poor business practices (charging clients per diem fees for doctors, even though the doctor never see this and does not get to expense per diem allowances).

"Stay far away"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LocumTenens.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amenities building provides such as the cafe and the gym.

Cons

I've worked at a lot of different companies with different cultures and this one is the worst. I felt like I was in middle school. So much gossiping and cliques. Management would also pick favorites who they would hang out with. I was basically told by a manager that there was a game that had to be played in order to get promoted. Promotions did not seem to happen based on hard work, just if an employee was favored by management and the recruiters upstairs. I have never worked in such a fake environment in my entire life. The company pretends that it is all about "improving healthcare" blah blah blah but it's only about the money. They don't give a crap about these doctors. If you don't mind working in an unprofessional environment and leaving 70+ voicemails a day like a robot.. then go ahead and apply here!

Advice to Management

Hire management that actually has experience and training. Management is supposed to actually help you advance in your career, but that just isn't the case here. I agree with a previous review that compared management to "a snake in the grass." You can't trust anyone. It's a bad feeling to have and makes the job unbearable.

"unprofessional"

Pros

Decent money to be made.

Cons

Horrible moral and the management is awful. Management is unprofessional and acts like they are in high school. Constant gossip in the office. Management is unprofessional and disrespectful.

Advice to Management

Act more professional. Treat employees with respect.

"Looks can be decieving"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great amenities
    Great food
    Nice work environment
    Younger work crowd

Cons

Politics plays a huge role in your success in this company. It doesn't matter how much you produce or how much you give to this company, if someone above you doesn't like you then your career is either ended or stalled.

Advice to Management

Take the time to continue to train your employees after the two week training period. It's a sink or swim environment without much help from management.

"Account Representative"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LocumTenens.com (Less than a year)

Pros

On site amenities such as a gym, Starbucks, good food, different events happening, and vendors visiting.

Cons

One big popularity contest. The women their are as fake as can be trying to out dress one another with Tory Burch shoes, and Kendra Scott Necklaces. The computer system lacks up to date info, which makes cold calls harder than they should be. You end up calling a building that has been renamed, provides totally different surgical specialities, and the person you are asking for has not been there in three years. I also noticed just about everyone in my role was young and attractive. They are biased on who they hire. They say its okay to make mistakes, and mistakes won't get you fired. I had an anxiety attack from the stress and it got me fired. They treat you like you are a criminal when they fire you by packing up your stuff for you, and not allowing you to retrieve anything you have on the work floor. They kept my phone charger a week longer than necessary. When they packed up my stuff, they failed to bring my office supplies like highlighters that I brought from home, and it was before lunch, and I practically had to beg someone to retrieve my lunch for me from the break room refrigerator. This place will strip you of your dignity.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites, and hire management that actually has experience and know how to work with different people.

9. "Management is a joke"

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time

Pros

Cafe, onsite MD, nice gym

Cons

Behind all of the glitz there is a severe problem going on with management. People that are too immature to handle their titles are micro managing employees out of sheer insecurity. Day to day tasks seem grueling and never ending and aren't in anyway advancing your career all while your boss is breathing down your neck to stay focused and not get distracted. This is NOT how you run a business and it will make your employees run for the hills. Turnover is high in every area, and it doesn't look like a trend that will change any time soon. They also pay recession type salaries making it difficult to stay afloat no matter how far from Alpharetta you live.

Advice to Management

Change or be changed by your losses.

"Great place to work if you have no college degree"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

LocumTenens.com is a great place to work if you are fine with staying in the same job capacity for the rest of your life. If you love recruiting without having to run a full desk, this is the place for you.

Cons

There is no real opportunity for advancement after the Research Development program. Management is just now starting to address this. Mentors are paid an override of your commission, which can lead to your co-workers not helping you if they don't like your mentor. There are no opportunities for career development or on-going education. Job really doesn't engage the brain much, and quite often your superiors can be complete morons who got lucky in finding a job that can be completed without a degree. I find that the account executives without a college education will often talk down to you to try to discourage you from staying as college educated new hired often utilize technology and can complete the tasks in less time and effort, thus threatning the comfortable lifestyle they have.

Advice to Management

Engage account executives further. The job doesn't always require 300 phone calls a week, I found that I could email my doctors and get better responses more quickly. Understand that there has to be more opportunities for advancement and paying mentors an override of commissions does not help anyone, it actually makes it harder for mentees to get help for our team members.

"Get your feet wet here then move one quickly."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LT.com has a lot of flashy gear. Starbucks in the lobby, gym, personal trainers, in house cafeteria, koi pond, putt putt course. Those are the pro's everything else is a con.

Cons

Let's start with your first position. Being I'm on the sales side I started as an Account Rep where you intern essentially under 1/2 other Account Executives on your team. You sit on a different floor and in general you are treated like an inconvenience. Because you are to your AE's, once they promote you you normally will take part of someones territory. Therefore the AE's aren't terribly motivated to help you grow because you'll take money out of their pockets.

You have no work life balance at all. You spend an hour getting to work through traffic your work day is 8-6 or 8:30-6:30 and they are very big brother about this. People on a salary job now have to clock in when the get there and leave. I thought that was the entire point of being on salary no clocking in? But since the salary is extremely low they have to record coming and goings for tax purposes I believe. Especially since they never pay overtime if they don't have to. It doesn't really promote going the extra mile.

Everything is monitored. EVERYTHING. All calls and emails and instant messages and they will even stalk to figure out how long your lunch break is. Your manager will randomly sift through your calls all day and then email you to tell you what you did wrong. This can be beneficial but when it comes from a manager who has never succeeded in that position it comes off a bit redundant.

Yes we've been voted #1 place to work - because they offered us a leave early pass if we completed it. Managers will continue to send out email asking if you've done your survey. They even made a calendar invite for it. Voted #1 place to work but it's definitely not true. That and the retention rate is so much lower than we report. I think they say it's 89%? They don't count people in their first 90 days and it can't be true. We have had 7/8 tenured people quit on my team since I've been there. People here for 3/4/5/6 years and they all fled the building.

There is the normal corporate training but everything else is pretty sink or swim or your AE's are required to teach you and they aren't super motivated to help you out obviously since you'll take part of their territory. On top of that once you are promoted your put into a 90 day 'limbo' type state where you have a territory but they want to see what you do with it. For the first 6 months the territory is yours you don't make any money of accounts held by the previous AE even if they leave and you are carrying the burden of the work.

Once as an AE you'll begin to make a commission of your GP only. Not revenue - GP - and the will non bill you for everything. You get non bills for getting licenses for your docs. Even if they weren't requested by you but the marketer before you. You get non billed for any expenses occured that can't be billed to the client. And you take this hit on your commission. These sometimes average higher than 6K. It's a little excessive - on top of the fact that you also have to keep a close eye on your accounts because the accounting department conveniently forgets a few on your statement. Even if they remember to assign the non bills for that account to you.

I have a $1 Mil territory. I will not even come close to hitting 6 figures this year. And I'm talking $1 mil in my GP revenue is easily $2.5/3 mil and my commission scale is 3/3.5/4% max per month. It's all tiered and the highest tier is 4% pretty low for only getting paid on GP monthly.

The teams are very catty and very passive aggressive. You cannot voice your opinion without them retaliating and it is quite possibly one of the biggest gossip mills I've ever seen. There's an especially tenured woman on one of the teams and she is extremely snippy and very quick to undermine people in front of management. She's also known to complain to clients about her boyfriend dumping her... 1 year later....It's like working in a mean girls environment and it's on steroids.

They also let people who are obviously not cohesive stay on the team if they're making money. They could cause drama with every person, email clients while drinking, and generally be a massive distraction to everyone. But if that person is making money they won't let them go. Even if the entire team dislikes that person.

There also is really no clear career path after you make Account Executive and your managers never bring it up or try and assist you in developing a path. "There's a section on the homepage for that."

Great but what happens when I'm ready to move out of production. You don't unless you're one of the 'chosen ones.'

Also when referring people to the company you'll refer your best friends and people who are constantly in your life. The internal recruiter will then call them and do a phone interview and then NEVER call or email them back. You're stuck playing in the middle because the recruiter is constantly telling you "oh I'm going to call them" and then she never does and you're having to tell your friend maybe she'll call tomorrow. She won't and it's extremely rude to the associates who refer people and the people sending in their resumes. Extremely unprofessional. I never refer anyone anymore even though they offer an iPad and $1000 if someone gets hired. It's not worth having to explain to them that she will never call them back no matter how often she says she will.

Advice to Management

Get some better management. Every VP and manager I am running into was essentially promoted because they have failed at production. There are a couple that are super great at what they do but they aren't directly managing the teams. Lack of management that is unbiased and able to give real advise is a large hindrance. Also not allowing management to hire "Family Friends" and then promote them within their first 3 months there for no reason other than they are a family friend would be a great start. Listen to your Account Executives that aren't 10 years tenured and don't speak up a lot. They probably have a lot to impart but the atmosphere is not very conducive to speaking their mind.

Also if you could work on better company standards. Making a "Christian Company" work on Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas really does not lend itself to helping Christians celebrate the season. Especially when it falls on a random Wednesday. Forcing your associates to use their PTO to take time off during this year is not a great way to impress your employees or push the agenda of being a very family oriented company.