Lodging Host Hotel Corp Reviews | Glassdoor

Lodging Host Hotel Corp Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2018

2.5
  1. "Opportunity and a Focus on Talent Retention, Individual Growth"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at Lodging Host Hotel Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Regular opportunity for raises, sympathetic and encouraging management team, 401K, good health insurance for full-time employees, always money for needed repairs, always responsive support from above-property

Cons

There definitely are some differences in management style from property to property, and I have only ever worked at 3 Lodging Host properties so cannot account for any of the others

Lodging Host Hotel Corp2018-06-27
  2. "False Hope"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent

I have been working at Lodging Host Hotel Corp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not a whole lot. The property I worked at had some amazing front desk agents and housekeepers.

Cons

Management both on property and corporate talk about the great opportunities they provide to their employees. They consistently talk about the new properties that will be opening and say that there will be career opportunities to move up but this talk is always empty. Through my years working for this company I saw less than 4 people be promoted and saw countless people be demoted due to the closing of properties... and the shifting of corporate employees into on site general manager positions. Management on the properties I served at are not active, and do not seem to have a clue on how to do any of the jobs that they expect their employees to do. This is very evident when asking questions about operations. For example my property's AGM and GM did not understand how to operate the hotel's reservations system which is completely asinine when somebody needs to know how to train the front desk and answer their questions. The same Management did not even understand the night audit reports that were printed and given to them daily. Management would say the audit was done incorrectly but when doing the audit the way in which they suggested, the auditor would still be told it was done wrong... total insanity. Turnover in the front desk and housekeeping departments are ridiculously high, and housekeeping is often kept very understaffed. Resulting in rooms being left dirty overnight and thus unsold. In my time at my property the front desk went through over a dozen front desk agents/night auditors. The company's understaffing and turnover also resulted in employees being pushed into taking overtime hours. This is a major problem in that the companies managers are always on their employees about overtime but do not fix the understaffing and poor training that causes the overtime. The upper management of the properties (AGM/GM) also refuse to take on the extra hours to cover a shift they do not have an employee for. They instead have an employee cover the overtime and then get on to them about the amount of overtime hours they have. Sorry management but if your job was done correctly in the first place then overtime wouldn't have been a worry. Managers in my experience have changed my hours worked in order to prevent overtime pay, so if you are working for this company watch your hours worked like a hawk!

Advice to Management

Learn everything about your property. If you're an AGM/GM then you need to have experience in every department and not be afraid to help out or work a shift/a couple of hours in those departments. This will facilitate respect and relationships between you and your employees which is a must. Don't call in/not show up weekly like my general manager. Its a terrible example to set for your staff. Everything they do... you are responsible for and you need to give them the best possible example in order to receive the best possible result. Staff your departments appropriately and don't allow rooms to go unserviced day to day. Theres no reason to leave for tomorrow what can be done today, and every room uncleaned is revenue lost when the room could have been sold. Listen to your employees and give them ways to express their concerns and grievances. Saying there is an open door policy isn't enough when your managers have terrible relations with their staff as well as poor interpersonal skills. Implement meetings where the sole purpose is to address problems and implement evaluations, self/peer/management would all be extremely helpful!

Lodging Host Hotel Corp2018-03-21
  3. "Family run business"

in Longview, TX

I worked at Lodging Host Hotel Corp

Pros

Depending on what property you work at its a great company. They have great benefits!! Not many management companies offer health & 401k to their housekeepers.

Cons

It is very family based & there is favoritism to the family members. corporate is not always on the same page as the properties, so you get told one thing by corporate but another at your property. There is a very high turnover in front desk & housekeeping staff. . . Pay them more & train them better. There is almost no front desk training & management gets mad when they ask questions.

Advice to Management

Find managers who truly care about their properties. Make it easier for employees to voice their opinions & concerns. Actually listen to us and do something about those concerns. Many employees are not wanting to say anything because they feel their concerns will go to deaf ears. Better training is a must!!!!

Lodging Host Hotel Corp2015-08-31