Loews Hotels Reviews in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

3.2
Loews Hotels CEO Jonathan Tisch
Jonathan Tisch

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits to stay at company hotels (in 19 reviews)

• I work with great people except for some of the management (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Like any restaurant, the work/life balance isn't the best (in 9 reviews)

• Upper management politics were not enjoyable to have to put up with (in 10 reviews)

1. "I work at the banquets. Great company, nice co-workers."

Current Employee - Cook III in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Cook III in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free meals, events for team members, Great benefits like Paid time off, Regular meetings, free entrance to Universal Studios Orlando, and other parks.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like is you'll get hours less than 40 when there're no business or event do pay is extremely low, that's why i needed to get a part time job
    -limited growth opportunities

2. "Pool Server"

Current Employee - Pool Server in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Pool Server in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Loews Hotels part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good money on some days

Cons

Wheather plays a big role in how much you make

3. "Best Companh I’ve worked for"

Former Employee - Pool Lifeguard in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Pool Lifeguard in Orlando, FL

I worked at Loews Hotels part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff appreciation
    Perks
    Positive environment
    Great coworkers

Cons

They weren’t very organised when it came tonoening new hotels

4. "Good company, growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Food and Beverage in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage in Orlando, FL

I worked at Loews Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free meals during shift, great universal benefits and great properties. They are a leading company in Orlando and one of the most reputable ones. Good on resume.

Cons

Limited growth in terms of learning new things, it might be just me but I was not learning anything new, it was more from operations. I did not believe I was gaining anything to help me grow personally. The opportunities are there but you have to get lucky.

Advice to Management

Provide training and help people grow

5. "Full time banquet employee"

Former Employee - Banquet Server in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Banquet Server in Orlando, FL

I worked at Loews Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Tip pool stays on the above average side from other places in Orlando. Good equipment to work with.

Cons

Benefits aren't to the standards of some of the other larger hotel chains.

"Contact Center in Chaos"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Loews Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medical benefits/Free meals per shift.

Cons

The contact department formerly known as the telecommunications dept is a total disaster. Everything is chaotic and out of order. No.1 It seems as more work is added you actually get less pay. 2.The favoritism in the room is do thick you would need a machetti to cut thru it. 3. The management is a dictatorship more then a management team.4. They want to control the department so to the point that your afraid to speak up if there's a problem with a manager. 5.Even though there is opendoor policy without harassment it's ignored.6. Human resources encourages and backs up bad behavior of management. 7. Management disrespects employees in department.8Pay is not fairly analyzed for crazy workload. 9. New York corporate office does not seem to be aware of problems in the Contact Center or to aware of often incompetence of human resources to do right by their employees. 9. Turnover is enormously high for such a small department. No one seems to care. 10 . If an employee complaints management will say if you don't like it leave. This only covers up the abusive behavior of the management and does not solve the problems in the department. I could on but will stop here.

Advice to Management

I made the decision to leave like many others because no one cares about the Contact center. What's right it? Not much.Its time to have an outside source to investigate the bad behavior of this department. Why won't human resources do anything about the endless complaints aboutvthis dept or the normal then high turnover rate. Um.Maybe human resources also needs a good cleaning out as well. Corporate if your reading this it's high time to do something!!

"Loews.. needs some work to do."

Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Advancement Opportunities, Medical, Dental & Vision, Nationwide Team Member Travel Discount, Rally app for redeeming gift cards and more! Actively involved in team member emergencies.

Cons

Very Low Salary... When you realize your hourly team members make more than you and you factor in how many hours you work it's very disheartening. Too much delegation goes on to the point where you become overwhelmed with the amount of work and makes you think it's not worth the pay. Again we see another company of politics for promotional growth that we seem to forget who our stars are. Team members are not appreciated enough. Some leaders will throw other leaders under the bus for politics as well. As for the food that's provided for lunch, it's an absolute joke. But I really can't complain because it's free. Getting time off is absolutely ridiculous. You almost have to fight to take 1 week vacation and I believe if I want to take a 2 week vacation I should.

Advice to Management

Retain employees, make them feel good about being at work. The company needs to pay more for salaried employees because it is frowned upon when leaders get less than team members regardless if team members hours can change.

8. "Waiter"

Current Employee - Waiter in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Waiter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, and easy work

Cons

no transferability, not flexible on scheduling

Advice to Management

make transfer process easier

Aug 16, 2017 – Employer Branding and Internal Communication

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at Loews Hotels. We appreciate the comments and wish you all the best.

"Can be fun but also can be hell most of the time"

Current Employee - Guest Services in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Guest Services in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

free lunch/dinner
    free universal tickets and admission with universal ID

Cons

Some good people, but most people you will work with are people that are lazy and cut corners and management does not care one bit... HR is a joke and has double standards and if you don't know anyone they will not care about your issues with the company.. They use and abuse good employees while keeping on the bad ones... Company has a strong tendency to hire family members and friends that have no idea what they are doing...

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate the employees better..
    Learn to treat the employees with respect..
    Help out employees more instead of being lazy and abusing power..
    Do more for the company when employees need help instead of only worrying about your bonuses
    Stop hiring your friends that are extremely under qualified for their positions...

Aug 16, 2017 – Employer Branding and Internal Communication

Thank you for the sincere feedback about your employment here at Loews Hotels. It's very important for us to receive honest comments from our Team Members because it allows the opportunity for... More

10. "Poolside Server"

Former Employee - Poolside Server in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Poolside Server in Orlando, FL

I worked at Loews Hotels part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good money, shifts are usually only about 6 hours, laid back, you get a free year pass to universal and discounts at other loews hotels.

Cons

Very tiring, can get crazy busy/stressful, high turnover rate for management.

Advice to Management

Pay management more money