Loews Hotels Reviews in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Loews Hotels CEO Jonathan Tisch
Jonathan Tisch
1 Rating

Pros
  • Great benefits awesome team great experience awesome training employee cafeteria universal park benefits (in 15 reviews)

• I work with great people except for some of the management (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Like any restaurant, the work/life balance isn't the best (in 9 reviews)

• Very long hours and minimal pay to compensate (in 7 reviews)

1. "Fun Place to work at"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good manager
    Good benefits
    Meal per shift
    Community services
    Incentives
    Discounts
    Universal ID
    Team appreciation

Cons

Volume of work under compensate
    1800 room soon to be 2200
    Company overcompensate guest
    Value property
    Unfair penalization for friendliness score less than 90
    even if is 89 you get penalized
    no compensation for bilingual employs
    no concierge service

Advice to Management

Bilingual employs should get extra compensation

Front desk should get a little more pay since we have no concierge service

good employs should be grated in all overall

Friendliness score should be good as far is 85 o more
    Stoop over compensating guest

2. "Company with Family Feel"

Current Employee - Director in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Loews for over 13 years. Joining the team has been the best employment decision I have ever made...both personally and professionally. They care for their guest, team and community!

Cons

every company has some sort of con however the Pros out weigh any con!

3. "Overall great company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, competitive pay, they take care of their employees, management is great. Love the company. They have space to grow.

Cons

Nothing negative to say. Maybe wish they had loews hotels in kissimmee and saint cloud only thing i would have to say in cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Jan 9, 2017 – Employer Branding and Internal Communication

First of all, thank you for all the kind words. Having our team members succeed is the best possible outcome for every position we fill at Loews Hotel. That's why it's so amazing to see team members ... More

5. "Much potential"

Current Employee - Line Level Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Line Level Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having Loews on your resume is a true highlight. Even being a smaller hotel company, they are known for providing an exceptional level of service. The company is also expecting to continue to grow which hopefully will allow for more internal growth.

Cons

One word, salary. The pay is miserable and among the lowest in the area. Non executive management used to receive bonuses, but we worked too hard and "exceeded the budget" for bonuses so they took it away. Why couldn't they just move some of the ridiculous amount of extra money that was made over to that line, I don't know. Also, they must have had some inside knowledge recently that the overtime threshold rule was not going to happen because many other companies raised their manager's salaries but Loews kept waiting and waiting and all of sudden it's on hold, other companies gave raises and Loews saved a bunch of money. Now where is all of that money that was budgeted for the increases going? Owners pockets most likely.

Advice to Management

Hold all executives and leaders to the same standard and reward all team members with wages that they deserve. Your leader work 50+ hours a week for a fraction of their counterparts in other companies.

Jan 9, 2017 – Employer Branding and Internal Communication

Thank you for the comments in your review of Loews Hotels. We take every piece of feedback we receive very seriously, for it allows us to grow as an organization and learn from our team member's ... More

6. "Lifeguard"

Current Employee - Lifeguard in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Lifeguard in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Universal ID for the parks

Cons

Ellis Certification, Poor Management, Call-outs everyday, no set schedule, Literally the worst lifeguard job ever

Advice to Management

Find new managers

7. "Working in Telecommunications"

Current Employee - Telecommunications Operator in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Telecommunications Operator in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Universal Orlando benefits (comp tickets, discounted rates, free admission)
    Diverse company
    Great co-workers
    Free food (though you're prone to get food poisoning at certain properties)

Cons

Micromanagement
    Lack of communication
    Unwillingness to compromise
    Unreasonably high expectations for employees
    Management condescending towards employees
    Treats employees like they're expendable
    Little cooperation between departments
    Incorrect training w/ new employees
    Inadequate pay for high workload
    Very dismissive of any issues
    Special treatment

Advice to Management

For a department whose very job description is communication, they’re really lacking in it.
    Management, you need to stop micromanaging your employees. At least stop being so hypocritical about it; one of my colleagues was written up for browsing the internet while at the very same time, our supervisors will be shopping online or showing people pictures on their phones.
    They have unreasonably high expectations for their employees and constantly tack on new regulations without notifying anyone properly, so it ends up with employees having bad monthly reviews on their calls.
    If you bring any issues to their attention, they almost always shrug their shoulders and have this, “Oh, well” attitude about whatever it is. Whether or not they have the power to fix the issue, it’s almost always the same response. I once tried to speak to my manager about a personal preference, and she literally talked over me. I barely got to speak my mind. Oh well.
    They allow some employees to break rules and get away with nothing but a slap on the wrist, while others will get a written reprimand on the spot. The same goes for shifts; if you brown-nose them enough, they will give you easy, consistent shifts and the days off that you ask for. When this was brought to their attention, guess what they did? Shrugged their shoulders and said, “Oh well.”
    For the workload that they tack on (all calls from 5200 rooms over five different hotel properties, as well as outside calls, calls for the Central Operations building, calls for managers, etc. and we don’t just do PBX. We do guest requests, guest complaints, room service, transferring, interdepartmental calls, dining reservations, and more. If you pick up a phone, you get us) the pay is ridiculous. PBX agents with one hotel will sometimes get paid better than we do.
    I previously took pride in my job, despite all of this. It was my first job working for a large corporation and for the most part, it started out nicely. My co-workers are amazing and the ones who stay for more than a month also take pride on their jobs. Without them, the entire framework of the hotels would be in complete chaos.
    After all of the ridiculousness I’ve gone through, I think it’s about high time for me to look for a better paying job. I’m starting now.

Jan 9, 2017 – Employer Branding and Internal Communication

Thank you for the honest and thorough review, it’s feedback like this that helps us to understand what we are doing well and where we can continue to improve. We have passed along your thoughts to ... More

8. "Royal Resort"

Current Employee - Club Concierge in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Club Concierge in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Loews Hotels part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits for the local attractions. Diverse workplace.

Cons

Schedules come out a week before, poor planning in certain departments that affect others.

Jan 9, 2017 – Employer Branding and Internal Communication

Thank you for the review of your time with us here at Loews Hotels. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to submit a response for us and we wish you all the best in your continued career ... More

9. "Great Company"

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Free Food on Shift
    -Management who are friendly and easy to talk to
    -Mostly great people working with you
    -Some of the Managers are willing to give people chances

Cons

-Sometimes people are very persistent in believing that they are always right/Resistant to change

Advice to Management

Nothing within their control

10. "Loews Orlando"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Easy to get employee travel reservations. Many properties to choose from. Able to transfer departments or properties after 6 months. Fun people to work with.

Cons

Lowest pay in the industry for highest occupancy resorts. Poor team appreciation; the executives don't actually care who works there or not, as long as the numbers are high. The executives get large bonuses, while everyone else does the work. Staff gets nothing but a paycheck and a thank you.

Advice to Management

Stop being greedy. Share the bonuses with the employees, since we're the ones making your checks big. After hitting all the high numbers and breaking records, if you weren't an executive you got nothing for it. Why?

Jan 9, 2017 – Employer Branding and Internal Communication

Thank you for being so transparent with your feedback about your previous employment here at Loews Hotels. We understand the frustration that you are feeling and we are working on creating an ... More

"Beautiful Hotels"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Loews Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great hospitality hotel to work in.

Cons

Not having a good benefit package or insurance.