Loews Hotels Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Loews Hotels CEO Jonathan Tisch
Jonathan Tisch

Pros
  • Great benefits awesome team great experience awesome training employee cafeteria universal park benefits (in 15 reviews)

• I work with great people except for some of the management (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Like any restaurant, the work/life balance isn't the best (in 9 reviews)

• Very long hours and minimal pay to compensate (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Loews Atlanta - A Cool Place To Work"

Current Employee - Telecomm Department Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Telecomm Department Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location - you can't beat working in Midtown Atlanta, Management is often promoted from within or from other Loews properties so they tend to understand your challenges, My coworkers were genuinely caring, I truly loved the Company Culture

Cons

(speaking as one of the original staff that opened the hotel in 2010 and resigned in 2013 due to my family relocating) Staffing Models were a bit low based on the unforeseeable success of the location.

Advice to Management

Overall I have no complaints. The team that opened Loews Atlanta was BEYOND outstanding. In my humble opinion the joy began to fade as we lost some of our most amazing players. Hospitality can be a difficult field due to constant intense interaction with guests. Push for better staffing models, more departmental coverage on high occupancy days in order to allow exhausted staff to rejuvenate. Great staff is what guarantees return patrons. This may help overcome potential high turnover percentages.

Loews Hotels Response

Aug 1, 2016 – Employer Branding and Internal Communication

I'd like to personally thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review for all of us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. I'm thrilled to read that you think so highly of the property and the ... More

2. "Love The Brands Value!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love how each property has an energy to it. I've worked with Loews in multiple locations and each was unique and positive in its own way.

The company size is a pro and a con. Pro because you can make an amazing impact on leadership and find yourself comfortably in the right room with Loews Corporate leadership. This gives you a voice and direct connection to those with the ability to make major changes.

Cons

Company size is a con only because the lack of locations limits the amazing perk of the employee travel program.

Advice to Management

Spread out new properties in top locations rather than focus on hot spots.

3. "Great culture! Nicest people you'll ever work with."

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time

Pros

Loews Hotels Team Members are the best in the business. They are some of the nicest, most genuine people you will ever meet. The company understands the value of its people and tries its best to honor this commitment. Yes, the hospitality world can be crazy and chaotic at times, but knowing that you're surrounded by such a fantastic team makes the hard days a bit easier.

Cons

Only challenge is their small footprint. People often join a company for its growth potential, so this can be discouraging at times. But the fantastic people DO make up for that though...

Advice to Management

Listen to your property team members. They know the business better than anyone. Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing!

5. "Love Loews!"

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family Environment . Caring Company, Involved Company

Cons

Really nothing is a con other than we need to keep growing as a company

Advice to Management

Let's keep growing!

6. "Loews Annapolis Hotel - the best of the best between two big cities"

Current Employee - Manager in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Company has fantastic values and they work hard to make sure those values are alive and well. From the basics of ensuring competitive pay, to very rich employee engagement programs like a company wide employee appreciation week, pet bereavement benefits, team member travel discounts, birthdays, safety programs and the encouragement of volunteering, working for a Company that walks the talk feels good.

There is a focus on training, the company has invested a bunch in the hotel in both the guest areas but also the team areas, and they believe that if they take care of the team first, the rest will come!

Cons

This property can be difficult. Because it is between Baltimore and Washington - places close enough to visit but too far to drive, management positions don't turn over very often so growth can be difficult, but it does exist.

The Company also needs to focus on IT systems --more streamlining.

7. "Working at The Don"

Former Employee - Hospitality Professional in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Hospitality Professional in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Loews Hotels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

it was truly amazing to be a Loews Team Member at The Loews Don CeSar (St Pete Beach) working at "The Pink Palace". We were well taken care of as Team Members and enjoyed excellent benefits

Cons

I really cannot think of any downsides to workin for Loews. We were well fed, managed well, and had great benefits; above and beyond the normal set of perks.

Advice to Management

My advice to Management is to keep doing what you're doing; training staff, caring for your employees, providing an excellent atmosphere, and making work enjoyable.

8. "Pretty good company"

Current Employee - Wedding Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Wedding Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is fine. I work with great people except for some of the management. Easy location for traveling to work by train.

Cons

Some of the management team is difficult to work with. Very strict with schedules, expect 10 hour work days every day.

Advice to Management

Train managers. Some are unapproachable, some are lazy and push their work off on others.

9. "Great company"

I have been working at Loews Hotels full-time

Pros

good benefits, opportunities to grow inside the company, yearly raise, fair bosses, good management.

Cons

expensive medical insurance, too much outside company use for the housekeeping department.

10. "Unionizing has muddied things up"

Current Employee - Cook II in Coronado, CA
    Current Employee - Cook II in Coronado, CA

I have been working at Loews Hotels (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay. Great Benefits. Some great "lifers" working there.

Cons

Management is horrible. Since becoming unionized the food quality has taken a turn for the worst. It's nothing more than glorified fast food.

Advice to Management

Your "lifers" have a lot of wisdom that you are not utilizing because you're too busy punishing them for unionizing. Quit punishing them for wanting something better for themselves.

Loews Hotels Response

Feb 23, 2017 – Employer Branding and Internal Communication

First of all, I’d like to thank you for your candid feedback. While our leadership team appreciates our long-tenured Team Members and our partnership with the local union, we certainly never mean for ... More

11. "Awful experience"

Pros

Discounted parking is the only thing good about the hotel There are no other pros to list for this review

Cons

Everything is not pleasant. Please stay away. The managers treat the employees like garbage and most are of the managers are not very nice people.

Advice to Management

Change