Loffler Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Project Delivery Manager in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Project Delivery Manager in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Loffler full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of freedom to apply my project management experience in the ITSG group.
    Great to be part of a local success story.
    In my 3 years at Loffler, I had the pleasure of working with allot of great people.
    The pace of of acquisitions over the last 3 years kept the challenges new and fresh.
    Management does a good job of recognizing employee contributions with individual, quarterly and annual awards and other recognition events.
    The company also has a long history of supporting local charities and community organizations.
    The company made a significant investment in a new Network Operations Center to further it's commitment to the IT Service business.
    The only reason I left was for a tremendous new opportunity I could not say no to.

Cons

The competitive nature of office technology and IT Services industry presents management with an ongoing challenge with keeping pay competitive .

Advice to Management

Balance the pace of change with employees need for a level of Stability and consistency in the work environment.

2. "Best Around"

I have been working at Loffler full-time

Pros

I have been with Loffler for over 10 years working in the print devision and it has one of the best and most highly skilled technical teams I've seen. I love the culture that is created here and the freedom to think and be creative. I always recommend Loffler as a great place to work to people looking for a change or a more rewarding career with tons of advancement opportunities with a fast growing company.

Cons

Location. I have an hour plus commute to Bloomington every day.

3. "Great place to work and learn about sales"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Loffler full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management at all levels. The CEO took the time to introduce himself the very first day of work. He could tell I was new because he knows who his employees are. I love that there is line of sight to management from the bottom. I can have a conversation with a VP whenever I want to, whether that be social or in a work setting. All of the Managers doors are open, literally. They have been understanding along the way and everyone offers to help if they can.

Cons

Training is good, but I feel like I am thrown to the wolves sometimes, to me that is a good thing. I enjoy being under pressure, so when I am a little bit in over my head, I become motivated to over come the hardship. I do not think a lot of people would feel exactly that way. I think that on boarding could include some basic training about the company.

The hardest thing about coming in to this company is learning about all the services Loffler offers. It is mind blowing how many different things we do and it is hard to learn about all of them.

If there was more general training in the on boarding process it could make new employees life slightly easier

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It is exciting being a part of a company that is expanding so rapidly.

"Toxic"

I worked at Loffler full-time

Pros

They've got hot coffee. Decent place to get experience.

Cons

Toxic environment with negative politics. My department lead was a manipulative person who told me to look elsewhere for work within two months of working there. He told me not to speak to certain people due to their connections & alliances. Absolutely toxic environment that I would recommend to no one.

Advice to Management

Invest in your new people (not money, but time and look for feedback). Your entire business model is set to fail and it's no wonder why your Q1 2017 was such a failure.

5. ""Loffler is not just a good job, it's an incredible career opportunity!""

I have been working at Loffler full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very fair compensation and benefit programs (Including a 401K match, FSA, and so much more!)
    Loffler provides so many ways to give back to the community (something most companies don't offer)
    Lot's of options for career advancement throughout the entire company. Including on-going education and certifications.
    Cookouts and company events are always 5 star events!
    Jim Loffler is great leader with incredible vision

Cons

Loffler has been growing and evolving at a very fast pace, and that can lead to some frustrations, but I think you would rather be part of a growing company than one going the other way.

Advice to Management

Keep up the investing in your people and always be listening.

"Good job to get your foot in the door. Not much more"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Loffler full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy, lots of downtime, management leaves you alone

Cons

It's too much downtime. Management leaves you alone because they're overworked and don't have time for you. That means that they don't have time for you when you need them, either. Pay is terrible, raises are pitiful

"AWESOME Company that really cares about thier people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Inver Grove Heights, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Inver Grove Heights, MN

I have been working at Loffler full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Loffler Companies is a fast growing, sucessful company that still manages to make employees feel like they belong and are more than just a number. The CEO encourages us to help eachother and our communiity. The work environment is positive and high energy. The company is always looking for new ways to make the employees feel appreciated. There is a great recognition program and many training options. It is nice to be a part of a company that is so successful and positive.

Cons

The benefit platform at Loffler is great - Loffler offeres many perks that are very unique! On site daycare would be awesome!

Advice to Management

Rapid growth can be scary - keep doing what you are doing and success will continue!

8. "Great Employer To Work For"

Pros

My manager was a great listener and provided me with the training I needed to do my job well. It was a hard decision to leave Loffler. I loved my job but found a different job in the field I went to school for. I highly recommend Loffler - they care about their employees!

Cons

Sometimes the communication could have been better between departments. We were a little too busy at times - could use additional employees to be more efficient.

Advice to Management

Make sure to tell employees when they are doing a good job. Not just when they are doing something wrong. Positive reinforcement goes a long way!

9. "I love working at Loffler"

I have been working at Loffler (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work atmosphere is positive, energetic and fun. Hard work is rewarded with opportunities for advancement, outings, pay increases and trips.

Cons

Rapid growth sometimes makes it difficult to keep up but that's a good problem to have.

"Old School"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Loffler full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job was easy and pay was decent. Built good relationships with co-workers. Nice office.

Cons

Don't expect your manager to communicate, nothing happens quickly, HR doesn't act on their "surveys", lack of PTO and don't expect to get your PTO paid if you leave. No room for advancement, but a lot of "talk" about opportunity. Bonuses go to sales, admin department is low on the totem pole. High turnover.

Advice to Management

Stop being managers and start being leaders. Numbers are numbers, its your people that count.