Loft9 Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
EDWARD BEALS, MARK BIRZELL

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Loft9 is an excellent place to work"

I have been working at Loft9 Consulting full-time

Pros

- Excellent company culture that is lived by everyone in the firm.
    - The organization is "flat" in that regardless of title, everyone's ideas are listened to and the partners are always looking for opportunities to engage with associates.
    - Great opportunities for growth, training stipend, there is a heavy focus on professional development.

Cons

There are no considerable cons to working at Loft9. Excellent firm with excellent, genuine people.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Apr 16, 2018 – Founding Partner

Wow, what a kind response. Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. As with every consulting firm, we have a long list of things we are working to improve. We are off to a great year... More

"A caring family with a lot of latitude and options"

I worked at Loft9 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loft9 is an interesting place to work. It is not your typical consulting firm where it is all about the job or role. The leadership team is interested in getting to know people and understand what their strengths are to assist with placing people not only in roles that would be a good fit, but also are things you want to do. When I first started, I remember being asked before being presented to a client if it was something that I was interested in and wanted to do. I honestly felt like it was lip service, but I really started to understand it was true, especially as renewals with my clients came in and I was asked whether or not I was interested in renewing and if the project was still challenging and meeting my goals.

Another thing I really enjoyed is that the firm is still small enough where the firm can be whatever you want. They encourage people to be involved with different activities and processes within the firm (social media, marketing, sales, training, etc.). If you have an area you want to develop in you will likely have the option to use Loft9 as a way to build out that skill set.

Cons

As the firm has been maturing it has been struggling to maintain some of the elements that really made it special. While I think there is still some room to go I have seen some of the immense efforts they are working to put in place to try and help maintain and extend the culture into whatever the firm is becoming.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on your people as that is the greatest asset you truly have. Look for unique opportunities to help your people continue to grow professionally.

Mar 5, 2018 – Founding Partner

Thank you for the review and for sharing your perspective. We strive to be more than a “company” and your message helps us feel that we are getting some things right. Of course, we are never... More

"Just another small consulting firm trying to get a foothold"

I worked at Loft9 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is good, as even most senior level roles require entry level experience.

Cons

This used to be a firm that cared more about employee development and culture. However in recent years they've cut costs by eliminating: education/development funding, steady salary option, and occasional associate lunches. In other words they stopped investment in their employees.

Further, most roles are more staff augmentation and not pure consulting. They hire talented people but can only offer mundane roles with little challenge or opportunity for real career advancement.

It's turned into just another consulting firm struggling to make a name for themselves and not quite succeeding.

Advice to Management

Recommend not viewing employees as expendable, go back to valuing and investing in them. Measure success not only by the bottom line.

Mar 5, 2018 – Founding Partner

Thank you for your feedback. It seems that you once enjoyed being at Loft9 but that changed. We apologize that you had this experience. While it is accurate that we’ve needed to focus on some firm... More

"Great supportive environment that align with our amazing customer delivery"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Loft9 Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very growth oriented environment, gives you every opportunity to explore what you're most interested in and supports your personal growth. At the same time, high expectations of how we show up for our clients and the level of delivery we bring. Company values were defined by us, the employees, so we get to live and breath the values we hold most dear to our hearts.
    Management is transparent and open to other perspectives, ideas, needs.
    Company culture is the most fun, collaborative, and supportive culture I've experienced. I get to work and play with the most amazing group of people. I've been at Loft9 for 3 years and still think it's the best place to work at!

Cons

If you think being part of a small company brings it's share of challenges - which it does - then it's a downside. I find it an opportunity to be part of shaping the direction of the company and appreciate the ability to easily course correct and try new things at a faster pace.

Advice to Management

Your'e doing great - keep being as flexible and as transparent as you are.

Dec 13, 2017 – Founding Partner

Wow, thank you for your review. We are thrilled to read this and appreciate that you feel like you can help shape the direction of Loft9. We aren't perfect but we will keep working to improve our... More

"Amazing People, Fantastic Culture, Great Future"

Current Employee - Associate in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Associate in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Loft9 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interview and selection process is rigorous. This means that they only hire top quality people. It is one of the most collaborative and highly capable and humble teams and company's that I have worked for. There is an honest ambition to grow and succeed.

Cons

Small but growing company so promotion prospects are limited. This howevere is more than made up by the opportunity to become engaged and sha[pe the fture of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Nov 21, 2017 – Founding Partner

Thank you for your kind review! Yes, the recruiting process is a challenge and you made it through! Our clients expect the best of us and we've developed the recruiting process to reflect this same... More

"Great people, great firm"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Loft9 Consulting full-time

Pros

Culture - inclusive culture that welcomes individuality
    Skill development - access to internal and external trainings and mentoring
    Growth - opportunities to get involved in firm activities that align with each associate's personal and professional interests
    Interview process - short turn around time between each step, lots of communication and follow up

Cons

Time between offer and being placed on a project.

Advice to Management

Keep asking for, listening to, and implementing associate feedback, and continue being competitive in the industry and market to remain a top choice employer.

Nov 21, 2017 – Founding Partner

Thank you for the great review! We work hard to build and maintain a great culture and it is brought to life every day by people like you! Yes, operationally balancing client needs with associate... More

"Great Culture and Career Acceleration"

I have been working at Loft9 Consulting full-time

Pros

Loft9's culture and the relationships between associates are outstanding. It is a truly collaborative environment and people go out of their way to help each other. As much as possible, Loft9 asks for their associate's input on what kind of roles they are looking for and tries to match those opportunities with your career development goals. The leadership team truly listens to peoples input and does an excellent job of following up to 'close the loop'.

Cons

No real cons for Loft9!

Advice to Management

Thanks for making Loft9 a great place to work and thank you for eliciting the hard feedback from associates.

Nov 21, 2017 – Founding Partner

Thank you for the amazing review. We have a strong commitment to our clients and our associates. We are glad to hear that our approach is a value to you and hope that you find Loft9 to be a home for... More

"Great Learning and Experience Opportunities"

Former Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Loft9 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In a crowded consulting market, Loft9 really stands out above the rest. There is a genuine culture of continuous learning and family. The roles offered at local companies offer you amazing learning and professional growth opportunities. Although some roles may at the time seem like they're not the best fit, nor the work you want to be doing, those opportunities in aggregate will provide huge benefits to your professional growth.

Cons

In a crowded market, the company has need to shift directions a few times, but never did they sacrifice the jobs of their current employees. Pay and benefits are not the best in the industry, but they're working to bring them more inline.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing and investing on your people, these people are your "product" and your customers will benefit from that investment.

Nov 21, 2017 – Founding Partner

Thank you for the positive feedback. We know everyone is busy and to think that you made time to share about your experience says a lot. We are indeed in some very competitive markets and we are... More

9. "Amazing place to work!"

I worked at Loft9 Consulting full-time

Pros

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work at Loft9 - it's one of the best career decisions I've made. I wouldn’t be where I am today or have the marketable skills I have if not for the opportunities and mentoring support provided to me at Loft9.

Cons

I had such a great experience there - any cons are far outweighed by the pros.

Sep 5, 2017 – Founding Partner

Thank you for the amazing review. We have a strong commitment to personal development, connection and culture. We are glad to hear that our coaching and mentoring were of value to you and hope that... More

10. "Loft9 Consulting Review"

I worked at Loft9 Consulting full-time

Pros

The HR and recruiting team was very helpful and responsive. The company hosted quite a few happy hours and other events to get to know co-workers as well as chat with company leadership which was great.

Cons

I would have appreciated a formal written job description and detailed explanation of what the contract entailed (i.e. if it was a managed service and what that meant, especially being a first time contractor).

Advice to Management

I would suggest assigning an appropriate co-development partner to any new hires right off the bat and have regular check-ins with this person to ensure success.

Sep 5, 2017 – Founding Partner

Thank you for your review, we appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear that you valued our HR team’s efforts. They work tirelessly to see that our associates have... More