Lofty.com Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Client Relations"

Pros

This was the best team I ever worked with. They were intelligent, creative, agile, and all around solid people. They were not only friendly, but friends-- many spent time together outside of the office.

You were expected to work hard, but with that came a lot of freedom to get the work done. The employees' opinions mattered and ideas were encouraged and often implemented.

Management held monthly company wide meetings where they updated us on transitions and plans. The transparency was much appreciated, and contributed largely to the honest and open culture.

Cons

Salary was 30%+ below the industry standard.

Because the company was small, there was often no room to move up, and it was easy to flat line.

Advice to Management

You hired a great team, so trust that they can achieve great things-- give employees the opportunity to grow within the company, promote when appropriate, and reward them when they accomplish something great. There wasn't always enough recognition (financially or verbally) when we achieved what was asked of us.

2. "Sales"

I have been working at Lofty.com full-time

Pros

Excellent team, highly intelligent and innovative

Cons

Typical start up issues; lots of ups and downs and agility required

Advice to Management

Pay more

3. "Consignments"

I worked at Lofty.com full-time

Pros

Hard working, smart, and positive team. Exciting (or messy, depenging on your agility) start-up environment. A great place to learn online art sales and consignment sourcing. Good place for a self-motivated person with diverse interests.

Cons

Very long hours for little pay. Upper management lacks deep and meaningful experience and this can cause severe issues with the team. Low pay for sometimes extremely stressful work. Sexist management. Extremely volatile start-up environment with almost no job security.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a rate that is appropriate for their value to the company and experience. Try to learn more about the fast paced changes in the art world and listen to the veterans.

4. "Worst consultancy in the world"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Lofty.com full-time

Pros

Worst Worst Worst Worst Worst Worst Worst Worst

Cons

Don't trust on this consultancy, you will not get the salary, to get salary you have to beg like a beggar. Director will never give you salary , if you want salary then you have to cry in front of him.He is a most beggar in the world and game player.I left my 3 Months salary and apart from that he will never give you offer letter.

Advice to Management

No Management