LogMeIn Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
LogMeIn President and CEO Bill Wagner
Bill Wagner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible work life balance even in most of the sales departnets (in 22 reviews)

• Great culture and great opportunities for growth (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Toxic middle management that doesn't help with career development (in 13 reviews)

• Company culture took a bad turn with merger, suddenly acting like a huge multi is "supposed to", while communicating right values (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"High Growth, Innovative, Limitless Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LogMeIn is on an incredible journey. Each quarter the bar is raised and the growth and innovation continues to accelerate. Employees of all levels have plenty of opportunity to grow their skills and career. Bill Wagner is a world class CEO and is focused and fearless.

Cons

For some moving and growing at the speed of SaaS means that LogMeIn is always evolving and changing. Change isn't comfortable for everyone... I however view it as a positive. As the company scales communication still remains a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue to raise the bar and invest in your products and employees. The sky is the limit!

Feb 16, 2018 – HR Business Partner, Sales

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on LogMeIn! We have been on quite the journey the past year and we look forward to continuing our evolution with you. As we move into 2018, we will continue to... More

"Best Job Ever"

Current Employee - Accountant/Operations in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Accountant/Operations in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LogMeIn is a great place to work. I have been provided opportunities to grow and advance my career. My bosses care about my development The company has a great startup/tech feel even after growth. It’s exciting to see how the company will continue to grow over the next 3 years

Cons

Deadlines can be challenging especially given the amount of systems we manage. Are we growing to fast. Folks have integration fatigue. Nobody feels like they can take a day off ever

Advice to Management

The staff is overworked. Invest in resources and don’t cut jobs or shift offshore. You have one of the best teams in the company, utilize that. Keep folks happy and they will continue to work. Don’t be cheap

Apr 10, 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your positive review. We are happy you took advantage of the opportunities given to you to advance your career. We have grown quickly but will continue to provide opportunities for our... More

"Some great people/opportunity, but a lot of challenges"

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best people I've worked with. I learned so much and was challenged while working at LogMeIn - I would say 3 of the 4 years were pretty great.

Cons

There are enough people who are difficult to work with for it to be a very stressful environment. People are promoted based on their ability to manage up, but they do not have the skills or personality to manage a team. Management is aware of the issues but has yet to take action.

Work/life balance is also incredibly difficult. Many people have to work nights & weekends to keep up with the pace, and because of all the meetings during work hours.

Advice to Management

Start looking at your managers - listen to their reports and move people into roles where they can be strong individual contributors rather than put strain on teams.

In general - listen to more employees at the individual contributor and manager level. A lot of VPs aren't aware of what the day-to-day is for a lower level employee on their teams. As a result they can't accurately represent the needs and challenges of those employees.

4. "Great place to work."

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time

Pros

Great CEO, company stability, good products

Cons

Don't really value working from home

Apr 10, 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are glad you are enjoying LogMeIn thus far. We fully value work-life balance. Some roles at LogMeIn cannot be executed to their full potential outside of the physical... More

"Decent company, but can treat employees that come fom a merger better"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

they focused heavily on new technologies

Cons

they did not focus on the existing technologies and they are becoming laggards in the space

Advice to Management

Decent company, but can treat employees that come fom a merger better

"Time to Revamp"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance
    Nice office space
    Decent benefits

Cons

Working in a finance role was depressing/ misery inducing. If you are a positive, social person, stay away from finance roles. Communication was very limited, almost non-existent. Do not let the open floor plan fool you. People that you work with every day will walk past you and not acknowledge your presence. Also, most of the people in senior positions came from the same company, so it's overall very cliquey.

In addition to the toxic environment, there was absolutely no growth or development. They like to preach about growth and how employees should be responsible for their own development, which partially makes sense. However, in order for one to grow, there needs to be opportunity. Opportunities were saved for those in the "clique". The sexism within finance was also rampant. Out of line comments were made frequently, to my dismay.

Advice to Management

Employee development seriously needs to be worked on, as well as company culture. Practice saying "hello" or "good morning," it's not that difficult.

Mar 13, 2018 – HRBP

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s good to hear that you enjoyed work-life balance and our creatively designed office space.

I’m sorry to hear that your... More

"Terrible Company, Stay Far Away"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some coworkers were smart & I worked on several different new technologies.

Cons

Terrible management/leadership, stay far away!! Since I started working at LMI 4 years ago, I went through 7 rounds of layoffs. It got so bad that they stopped announcing layoffs to employees because moral was so low. As others have said, company just feels super bloated with terrible middle managers who don’t know how to run a successful company. All the smart people have left the company by now.

They pretend to be innovative but in reality that is the farthest thing from the truth. There are so many barriers to being innovative & its not in the DNA of the company, which was really frustrating for those who actually wanted to make a difference. I think another problem is that management looks down on their employees and doesn’t value their opinion. LMI is also in the business of buying companies and cutting costs by outsourcing engineering from expensive areas like California to Germany and eventually Budapest. Look at what happened to GoToMeeting, the flagship product. Moved from San Francisco to Germany with the goal of eventually being moved to Budapest.

The company does a terrible job of recognizing talent & it often feels like those who bark loudest get promoted, not those who actually deserve it. My manager had no idea what was going on & did not know what anyone was working on. I never got promoted in my time at LMI. My previous boss had put me up for promotion but then he quit, and though my Director had assured me that I would still get promoted that never happened. When I quit he tried to tell me that if I stuck around I would get promoted, but it was too late at that point.

It was a toxic work environment where most people hated their job and where there just to receive their paycheck or because they were tied down due to visa issues. There was no sense of community or life outside of work.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employee's needs & don't look down on them. The company needs more good leaders, not just egoistic middle managers.

Apr 19, 2018 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. LMI has undergo tremendous growth this past year which brings excitement but also poses some short-term challenges. With the strategic acquisition... More

"Why I'm At LogMeIn . . ."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My career to this point has been an amazing journey. I have worked at a number of companies -- big, small, publicly traded, venture backed, private equity owned, etc -- and all of that experience in high tech. In so many respects, LMI is an amalgam of the best aspects of all the companies I have worked for previously.
    For example, there is a constructively discontent vibe here -- which is to say, while we applaud the success we've had up until now -- there is a commonly understood acceptance that we can do better in ALL regards.

Additionally, there is a "No Jerks Policy" - we want excellent human beings who are smart, talented, committed and willing to do what's best for Our Customers; Our Partners and Each Other.

I work in the Boston office - and at the risk of sounding overly dramatic, I still get an adrenaline rush when I walk in and see my Teammates; hear the high energy music playing the in the Cafe (caffeine and adrenaline together will get your motor running); and gear up for the day ahead. There is a very real and palpable energy here -- the kind that is often attributed to companies smaller in size than LMI, but nevertheless defines the entrepreneurial spirit that this business possesses and has helped it get to $1B in revenue.

In short, I look forward to Mondays as much as I look forward to Fridays. I can't say that about all the places I've worked at previously, but I can (and do) here. :-)

Cons

Instead of "Cons", how about I offer some "Cons-tructive" observations for those considering being part of the Team here.

First, there are no easy jobs here at LMI. If you are able to join the business, you will work hard regardless of your role, title, department or tenure. That is not to say the work is arduous, but there is a lot to do here and we need everyone to be "on board". For those that are engaged and performed, the opportunities for are limitless. For those that would prefer the stability of a lifestyle business, you have either left the business by now, or will.

Second, LogMeIn is at an inflection point in its tenure as a business - meaning that there is a high velocity of change and evolution occurring (M&A, Business Unit Model, Strategic Vision, etc.). This can be hard and can test some people's ability to adapt to - or endure - the pace the company operates at as a result.

Finally, and to riff a little bit on my "LogMeIn at an inflection point comment", you need to know that we don't have all the answers yet and we're still figuring out the best organizational design and strategy to continue the growth trajectory we are on. There is not a meeting or discussion I have had with an executive or leader within the Company where the notion of "How Can We Do It Better" hasn't been present.

Advice to Management

I'm here because you've created a forum for me to grow and succeed; challenged myself and others; invested in tools, training and talent; and are committed to building a multi-$ billion technology business to change the way the world works.

We have our "rope around a rocket ship" here . . . .don't screw it up . . . .because this kind of opportunity doesn't happen to everyone. You've got something special here.

Mar 3, 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for leaving us your detailed feedback. It is excellent that LogMeIn allows you to draw on your previous experience to do your best work. The term "culture" is pretty ubiquitous, but our... More

9. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Arizona in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Arizona in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits an awesome culture w/ a lot of opportunity

Cons

Not work related, just that the location isn't closer to my house

Advice to Management

There isn't any to give

Mar 3, 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you are enjoying your time at LogMeIn. Keep giving us your feedback as you progress in your career.

Jason

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work-life balance, good team members, and management teams, good health plans, transparency and agile!

Cons

Citrix's stock option helped a lot, hope our company can do the same.

Advice to Management

The products competitions are high, hope our company can do the leaders of the markets. With company's growing, can treat employees as a big family.

Mar 3, 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

We appreciate your thoughts on your 3+ years at LogMeIn. It is great to read you are enjoying your teammates, the benefits, your role, and your work-life balance. Our employees from former GetGo have... More