LogMeIn Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
LogMeIn President and CEO Bill Wagner
Bill Wagner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible work life balance even in most of the sales departnets (in 21 reviews)

• Great culture and great opportunities for growth (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Toxic middle management that doesn't help with career development (in 13 reviews)

• Just the typical growing pains of a growing company (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"High Growth, Innovative, Limitless Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LogMeIn is on an incredible journey. Each quarter the bar is raised and the growth and innovation continues to accelerate. Employees of all levels have plenty of opportunity to grow their skills and career. Bill Wagner is a world class CEO and is focused and fearless.

Cons

For some moving and growing at the speed of SaaS means that LogMeIn is always evolving and changing. Change isn't comfortable for everyone... I however view it as a positive. As the company scales communication still remains a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue to raise the bar and invest in your products and employees. The sky is the limit!

Feb 16, 2018 – HR Business Partner, Sales

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on LogMeIn! We have been on quite the journey the past year and we look forward to continuing our evolution with you. As we move into 2018, we will continue to... More

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work-life balance, good team members, and management teams, good health plans, transparency and agile!

Cons

Citrix's stock option helped a lot, hope our company can do the same.

Advice to Management

The products competitions are high, hope our company can do the leaders of the markets. With company's growing, can treat employees as a big family.

3. "Why I'm At LogMeIn . . ."

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My career to this point has been an amazing journey. I have worked at a number of companies -- big, small, publicly traded, venture backed, private equity owned, etc -- and all of that experience in high tech. In so many respects, LMI is an amalgam of the best aspects of all the companies I have worked for previously.
    For example, there is a constructively discontent vibe here -- which is to say, while we applaud the success we've had up until now -- there is a commonly understood acceptance that we can do better in ALL regards.

Additionally, there is a "No Jerks Policy" - we want excellent human beings who are smart, talented, committed and willing to do what's best for Our Customers; Our Partners and Each Other.

I work in the Boston office - and at the risk of sounding overly dramatic, I still get an adrenaline rush when I walk in and see my Teammates; hear the high energy music playing the in the Cafe (caffeine and adrenaline together will get your motor running); and gear up for the day ahead. There is a very real and palpable energy here -- the kind that is often attributed to companies smaller in size than LMI, but nevertheless defines the entrepreneurial spirit that this business possesses and has helped it get to $1B in revenue.

In short, I look forward to Mondays as much as I look forward to Fridays. I can't say that about all the places I've worked at previously, but I can (and do) here. :-)

Cons

Instead of "Cons", how about I offer some "Cons-tructive" observations for those considering being part of the Team here.

First, there are no easy jobs here at LMI. If you are able to join the business, you will work hard regardless of your role, title, department or tenure. That is not to say the work is arduous, but there is a lot to do here and we need everyone to be "on board". For those that are engaged and performed, the opportunities for are limitless. For those that would prefer the stability of a lifestyle business, you have either left the business by now, or will.

Second, LogMeIn is at an inflection point in its tenure as a business - meaning that there is a high velocity of change and evolution occurring (M&A, Business Unit Model, Strategic Vision, etc.). This can be hard and can test some people's ability to adapt to - or endure - the pace the company operates at as a result.

Finally, and to riff a little bit on my "LogMeIn at an inflection point comment", you need to know that we don't have all the answers yet and we're still figuring out the best organizational design and strategy to continue the growth trajectory we are on. There is not a meeting or discussion I have had with an executive or leader within the Company where the notion of "How Can We Do It Better" hasn't been present.

Advice to Management

I'm here because you've created a forum for me to grow and succeed; challenged myself and others; invested in tools, training and talent; and are committed to building a multi-$ billion technology business to change the way the world works.

We have our "rope around a rocket ship" here . . . .don't screw it up . . . .because this kind of opportunity doesn't happen to everyone. You've got something special here.

4. "Account Manager, Majors"

Current Employee - Account Manager, Majors in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager, Majors in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation plan, great employees, and great leaders that listen to feedback. The Healthcare Benefit Plan is very good. Your colleagues are very supportive and collaborative.

Cons

Company is growing really fast due do M&As so employees are in constant state of change. HQ operations department has trouble keeping up with the rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Territory changes and annual quotas must be communicated timely.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of perks. Great exposure to leadership. Constantly being challenged (in a good way). Have learned a ton here.

Cons

Spread out workforce can be a challenge.

Feb 13, 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

Congratulations on recently joining LogMeIn. We are thrilled your experience has been positive. We see our global footprint as an opportunity to impact more customers and knowledge share across... More

"This one is a gem, fortunate to have landed here."

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High growth company that is reinventing itself through acquisitions, evolution to business units and strong product strategies
    Focusing on balancing the needs of the shareholders with a strong commitment to employees, values and culture and a reinvigorated focus on the customer
    Great place to work where I've been able to manage work and family while advancing my career
    So many different office locations, customer segments, markets that provide a breadth of opportunities for employees to drive and grow their careers.
    Strong female leadership across functions in the org and an open and supportive environment.

Cons

Change is constant, but with an eye towards, improvement, growth and opportunity. The Organization may be a bit fatigued by this but the leadership is looking for ways to help the team more effectively manage the rate and impact of change.
    Fast-paced not well suited for all. There's a strong culture around speed and a desire for folks to be empowered to make decisions and move quickly. If that's not your mode of operating it will feel uncomfortably frenetic at times.

Feb 7, 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for leaving your positive review. It will be more critical than ever that we balance the needs of our stakeholders, employees, and customers. We are happy you recognize the career growth... More

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing offices in San Francisco and Mountain View
    Great people
    Good pay
    Engaging work

Cons

Management is inexperienced and naive
    Company leadership is full of "yes men" not willing to take chances

Advice to Management

Stop comparing yourself to "communication" companies. Compare yourself to brand tech companies. Take more risks and be more willing to make big bets

Management needs more training and a complete overhaul. Focus more attention on hiring top talent and make changes needed to attract top talent

Jan 23, 2018 – CEO

I have re-read your review several times to make sure I truly understood the advice you were giving me. As CEO of LogMeIn I wanted to respond personally to your review.

I couldn’t agree more... More

"Exciting company, lots of change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1/ Strong, leadership positions -- with exciting brands -- in three exciting market segments: Communication & Collaboration; Identity and Access Management; Customer Engagement & Support
    2/ Focus on driving growth, willing to invest to drive it (e.g., M&A)
    3/ Product portfolio and global footprint provides exciting opportunities for employee development
    4/ Focus on employees and driving engagement... great sites, fun events, Hack Weeks
    5/ Constructively dissatisfied. Company continues to push to reinvent itself, its markets, its ways of operating in spirit of growth.

Cons

1/ Change. Company has gone through tremendous change with last year's merger, which has had some bumps and challenges. Leader's constructive dissatisfaction sometimes drive change fatigue.
    2/ Financial profile. Company focus on driving both growth and margin creates challenges and tensions in the business. Company always finds ways to fund exciting opportunities, but requires some cycles to balance.

Advice to Management

1/ Keep driving focus on customers and customer experience
    2/ Increase internal communication and transparency to align organization, particularly those parts outside of the HQ

Feb 7, 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

After 5 years, we are thrilled you are still along for the ride. I agree with you that our brands are very exciting and poised to be market leaders. Everyone is excited about the growth that awaits... More

"Stay away!"

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office in Boston, good compensation

Cons

- lack of Product strategy (a dozen of products in the portfolio, no clear idea how they'll play together)

- the company is optimizing for short-term stock price growth, no long-term optimization (they are not Customer-centric, nor Employee-centric). They are probably going to be successful in keeping the stock price up through some acquisitions and shifting Customers to annual billing but the cliff is near

- slim career development prospects unless you are based in the HQ (Boston)

Jan 29, 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

Your feedback is welcomed. Boston is our HQ, and we enjoy when all of our teammates from other offices visit. All the action does not just occur in Boston. All of our offices play a key role in... More

10. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in Goleta, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in Goleta, CA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Very good location
    -Cool teams
    -Flexible about hours

Cons

-New management seems questionable, they seem to value cutting costs over most other things.

Jan 28, 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for choosing LogMeIn for your Internship. We are happy you enjoyed your time with us. We hope you join us after you graduate as you will see the investments we are making in our facilities... More