LogMeIn Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
LogMeIn President and CEO Bill Wagner
Bill Wagner

Pros
  • They have pretty good work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Great culture and diversity, very high energy atmosphere (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunity abounds"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

I have been with LogMeIn for 2 years and have recently been promoted within my department. While I have worked for many local Boston companies that promised growth and opportunity, this is the first organization that I have seen deliver across the board. If you put in the effort, are a team player, are agile and can think outside of the box, you can have a successful career. The people are what make this a great place, both on my immediate team and those I interact cross functionally with. The organization is progressive, listens to the employees and their wants/concerns, is truly innovative and forward thinking.

Cons

Truly, none. Work is work, but when you love work it becomes something greater.

Aug 1, 2016 – Employer Branding Specialist

Dear Employee, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please let us know how we can improve your experience at LogMeIn. Thank you, Jason

2. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work life balance even in most of the sales departnets

Cons

Easy to become just a number in a company with so many LOB's

Advice to Management

Continue to treat employees well

Mar 28, 2017 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We will continue to promote a strong work-life balance for all departments here at LogMeIn. We want all employees to feel invested and appreciated. We will never ... More

3. "Job"

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great people and great amenities!

Cons

Office politics, job opportunity and performance based promotions dont exist.

Mar 21, 2017 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We appreciate you continuing to join us on this ride. We will continue to provide an excellent culture you are accustomed to. Office politics exist in every ... More

"Absolutely Toxic Culture"

Former Employee - Product Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Product Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*Boston Office - location, snacks, supplies

*Diversified product portfolio (for now)

Cons

With the merger LogMeIn culture has changed significantly - the new adage is "Make yourself look good by making someone else look bad".

*Highly political atmosphere: New managers in particular will frequently take "ownership" (credit) for another employee's work. Murky company structure has emphasized and even rewarded this behavior.

*Constant Re-Orgs: Employees (Engineers in particular) are shuffled among products, managers and business units. Major re-orgs occur every three months. This never works and is chaotic as it sounds.

*No cohesive product strategy. Every quarter all resources and attention is focused on a rotating "favorite" product at the expense of all other business units. Rinse and repeat.

*Employee Demotions: Several employees have received a reduced salary and title regardless of work performance. Even employees who were on the management track pre-merger have been demoted to positions below their original titles post-merger.

*Extremely management-heavy: With the merger, there is a significant increase in upper and middle management with very few individual contributors. As a result several jobs are now handled by single individuals creating burn-out and causing people to quit.

*Poor work/life balance: You are expected to work Europe, East and West coast hours.

*Lack of cohesive strategy / vision: Ask anyone at LMI what the purpose of the company is and you will receive a blank stare in response.

*Layoff Aftermath / Confusion: Significant layoffs occurred due to the merger contributing to a culture where no one knows what is happening.

*General Air of Frustration / Disappointment (specific to Boston office): People are miserable and unhappy - you can feel it walking into the door. This is not a fun place to work.

*No promotions / no career track / no advancement: The only people i saw get promoted in 3 years working at LogMeIn were GetGo employees that joined via merger.

Advice to Management

*Have some sort of company event to let employees know they are appreciated and valuable.

*Solicit monthly anonymous survey to gauge the main company problems and how to fix them.

*Perform exit interviews to identify problem managers.

*Bring back Mike Simon

6. "Great Place to Work and Learn"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture and diversity, very high energy atmosphere

Cons

Depending on department you work in, some management can be stifling, other departments are fabulous!!

Advice to Management

Treat all employees like they are valued and working to better themselves, be appreciative.

Mar 7, 2017 – Employer Branding Specialist

Hello - Thank you for your feedback and your 8+ years spent with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our culture and atmosphere. We strive to provide a consistent experience for all employees ... More

7. "Find Some Actual Leaders"

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Office location has always been nice but I've been here in the Tempe, AZ office since Citrix.

Cons

The most recent merger has been exciting to most of the office as we have been expecting change once this was complete but nothing has happened. Our entire sales office here has struggled for years with not 1 team ever hitting quota in the 3 years I've been here. Morale is horrible and people are leaving left and right even to make less money just to get out of this loosing environment. We need real leadership in here to help us get better and to actually come in to the office. When they decide to come in, come out of their office once or twice a day and teach us something. I haven't had a training in 2 years! No development no success and no money to be made here. Logmein this location needs a maker. Just look at the numbers!!

Advice to Management

Bring in actual leaders that know what they are doing and care about the business. Right now they are all a joke and the entire office knows it. When a person fails it could be on them. When a team fails quarter after quarter it's a leader. When the office fails quarter after quarter! Year after year and no changes are made by the company? Tell me where I sign up for the position!

Mar 13, 2017 – Employer Branding Specialist

Hello – Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. As two companies merge, there is a strong emphasis on professional training and providing a culture of transparency and togetherness, and ... More

"My former company is merged with lmi, Im no longer valued, many changes are put in place just to drive us away."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am sorry, but I just Couldnt think of any major cons. They have open office space, maybe that counts one?

Cons

Demotion (decision made NOT based on performance), frequent management change, no alignment across teams, low efficiency, leaders are not doing what's the best for the business, but what would make themselves look good.

Advice to Management

Please treat employees who are hired thru merger/acquisition well, because they deserve.

Mar 16, 2017 – Employer Branding Specialist

Hello - thank you for your review. During this time post-merger, we are committed to transparency and the fair treatment of all employees. We understand at times, situations may feel uncertain, but ... More

9. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for career advancement within a growing company, good $$$ potential if you hit your OTE, amenities are great (gym, basketball court, roof deck, beer cart, etc.), young and fun culture.

Cons

Just the typical growing pains of a growing company.

Advice to Management

Improve internal communications

Jan 13, 2017

Hello - thank you for leaving your review. We are happy to hear you are enjoying the benefits and perks. Internal communications will be increasingly more important this year, and inter-department ... More

"stong performing company"

Former Employee - Director in Littleton, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Littleton, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

the company continues to generate shareholder value and meet or exceed market expectations. the company is growing by acquisition and many opportunities exist.

Cons

Seemingly emotion-driven decisions and general impatience with new business initiatives along with misaligned resources within new business initiatives. Strong focus on squeezing cash out of legacy business areas.

Advice to Management

When you choose an area to invest, play to win or get out fast.

Dec 15, 2016

Hello - Thank you for your feedback and your 10+ years with us. During your tenure, you have seen our business grow, evolve, and your insight is valuable to us. Part of our growth strategy is ... More

11. "Love LogMeIn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Great people, even better product, fun office environment

Cons

I really don't have any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep your focus

Dec 16, 2016