LogMeIn Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
LogMeIn President and CEO Bill Wagner
Bill Wagner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible work life balance even in most of the sales departnets (in 13 reviews)

• Great Culture and work environment (in 17 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great for Learning, Not a Viable Career"

Current Contractor - Technical Support Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Contractor - Technical Support Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

-Great for people with little tech experience, you can use this as a learning opportunity/resume builder.
    -If you work hard you will be offered additional projects.

Cons

-Lack of transparency between management and staff.
    -Many departments use contracted staff and they are mislead about permanent employment opportunities.
    -It is VERY common to be promoted into an "interim" only to be demoted without warning and this is not based on performance.
    -Staff is overwhelmingly dissatisfied with their job creating a negative work environment.
    -Pricing strategy for products is overly aggressive and becoming more difficult to explain to customers, especially longtime customers.
    -Team leads and operational positions are often given to those with no management experience who do not know how to respectfully and effectively communicate with employees. They often create a very hostile work environment.

Advice to Management

Be open and honest with employees so that they can make career choices that make sense for their goals. If you present this as a learning opportunity then employees will be less likely to become so disheartened after being a temporary employee for long periods of time.

"My former company is merged with lmi, Im no longer valued, many changes are put in place just to drive us away."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am sorry, but I just Couldnt think of any major cons. They have open office space, maybe that counts one?

Cons

Demotion (decision made NOT based on performance), frequent management change, no alignment across teams, low efficiency, leaders are not doing what's the best for the business, but what would make themselves look good.

Advice to Management

Please treat employees who are hired thru merger/acquisition well, because they deserve.

Mar 16, 2017 – Employer Branding Specialist

Hello - thank you for your review. During this time post-merger, we are committed to transparency and the fair treatment of all employees. We understand at times, situations may feel uncertain, but... More

"Toxic environment, incompetent leadership, no vision"

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Lots of perks: travel, training, very nice office.

- Compensation is very generous with good pay, health insurance, commuter savings accounts, and equity.

Cons

- There's a huge amount of hostility between the offices in the Boston and Hungary. I found myself constantly walking on eggshells. Anything beyond a simple smile and nod will get you labeled as a troublemaker. This is largely the result of the dishonesty of executive leadership.

- Suggesting anything new (especially if you're not senior management or from the US) is met with hostility.

- Product managers simply do not understand the markets they are in, and efforts to help them are futile.

- There's a deeply nested hierarchy of people, and all direction must come from a top-down manner.

- There's a bazaar, religious devotion to certain technology platforms.

- The culture is dominated by politicking, and progress is marred by non-technical roadblocks.

- Executive leadership is untrustworthy, and would habitually say one thing and do another.

Advice to Management

- Gut executive leadership.

- Gut product management.

- Learn to empower your visionaries.

- Get rid of the numerous layers of middle management. It does nothing but promote the building of fiefdoms and politicking.

- Stop letting HR define your corporate culture.

Jan 20, 2017

Hello - Thank you for your feedback and your time spent with us. We are so glad to read that you enjoyed our office, benefits, and perks. At LogMeIn, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture where... More

"They care more about Customers than Employees"

I worked at LogMeIn full-time

Pros

Good environment with good people

Cons

You deal with crazy, angry, frustrated people on a daily basis
    If they take it out on you you have to endure their bullying/harassment
    Management refuses to take calls from people who ask for a manager but then gets mad at you when you try to get them off the phone

Advice to Management

Sack up and take a call before the customer gets even more mad because they have to wait forever to speak to a higher-up

Dec 15, 2016

Hello - We appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our culture during your time here. We recognize that middle management is essential to the... More

"Engineer? Don't get fooled by the perks!!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Big company, some perks are pretty cool, trying hard to be a good place to work.

Cons

No oversight into middle management. My manager is a complete jerk and I have little recourse. Been working there for 1 month and already regret my decision. The company as whole tries to look like a great, hip place, but it really doesn't matter if your super is an idiot.

The benefits and $$ are on par, if not a little behind the Boston area, but I got wooed by the hip image...that was a BIG mistake.

Advice to Management

Need to revamp engineering culture completely in Boston office. The join.me group is a total mess. If people are engineers, not managers, don't let them manage! And, put some true senior level programmers in strategic places....tons of intermediate guys waving their ___ and pretending they know what they're doing. You need people that can make objective decisions and are generalists.

Jul 1, 2016 – VP People and Talent

Dear LogMeIn Employee, Thank you for your candid feedback. We take everyone’s thoughts and opinions into serious consideration. Your experience working at LogMeIn is very important to us and I... More

6. "User Services"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at LogMeIn as a contractor

Pros

None, no pros with this company. The people here will act as if they want to hire you full time, then randomly your assignment will end.

Cons

A bunch of fakes and phonies (managers, TLs). Why don't they just tell you up front that there is no way you will go perm? You can have 100% positive survey response, 8 min average call time, everyone says your doing a great job, always on time, defend their awful/sneaky,automatic renewal sceem and price inceases year after year etc. and still get canned.

Advice to Management

Stop giving false assumptions to good hardworking temps who put all their energy and passion into your company. Just tell the staffing agencies this is a temp only position, we are NOT looking for perm employees. What a waste of time!

"They have cool perks that basically only serve one purpose: to lure you into a boring and soul-less work environment."

Former Employee - User Services Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - User Services Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The people. Honestly, they are what makes the work almost bearable.
    -The "perks" (I put this in quotations because they're really not that different than any other start-up company with a hip and cool work culture.) -beer cart Fridays, soon-to-be Guinness on tap, a very small gym, free snacks (fruits, protein bars, sodas, etc.)

Cons

The pay isn't that great and the work is SUPER monotonus and draining. Seriously, if you think working as a Customer Service rep (entry-level) is a good idea just because the pay is somewhat appealing (at first, at least), think again. SO what they have free beer on Fridays and a gym (which, btw, is super small)? So do a lot of other companies. Don't let the coolness of the company trick you, because in my honest opinion, it just wasn't enough to keep me there. Trust me, there are other fish in the sea, people.

The training for this position is also incredibly counterproductive and insanely boring. Like, to the point where you want to rip your hair out for the first two weeks. They talk at you instead of making it more fun and hands-on, which turns you off from the get-go. I mean, you're being taught how to use VERY technical software in an extremely dense fashion. It's just not fun. Also, they are very strict when it comes to having to miss a day for whatever reason you may have, at least in those first two weeks. Sometimes, things do come up, but beware, as they will drop you like a bad habit without a care in the world.

-Also, the location isn't terrible, but it's also not the greatest. It's in South Boston, where the closest T-stop is South Station. And I think there are one or two buses that stop by the office, but that's it. So it might be a little out of the way for some folks.

Advice to Management

Make your training sessions more interactive and creative so that people will actually want to work there and be on the phones talking with customers.

And pay better for this position.

"Don't get fooled by the perks and the pretty office"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Perks are great and offices are cool, but that is not going to keep you happy in the long run.
    - The CEO is great but the rest of senior management needs to get it to together.
    - They have a great HR and Corporate Image team.

Cons

- Insurance is expensive, no 401k matching.
    - Salaries are sub-par compared to their direct competitors.
    - Executive team is just gunning to make The Street happy quarter after quarter.
    - There is no Engineering leadership in Boston, making all decisions driven by marketing, sales or product (that used to be either part of marketing or sales previously).
    - Revolving door for product and sales teams. Marketing too but at least that has been getting better. Ask me in three months.

Advice to Management

MKS needs to revamp his leadership team. We need a new Executive team that will make bold risks and stick to them. We need product teams that understand the engineering behind the product. We need long-term vision instead of having everything decided just to meet our quarterly numbers.

"Don't be fooled"

Current Contractor - User Services Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Contractor - User Services Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

If you live for your breaks this is the place to work. Fooseball tables, pool tables, free snacks and soda. Thats about all you will get out of the glamorized call center.

Cons

Sitting through the week long training session where you watch them go over their software. This is the most boring process ever. Don't waste your time.

"Overworked, Underpaid, and Going Nowhere"

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My co-workers for the most part were great, they had lots of technology, and after the move to Boston working from home was no longer forbidden, there is a nice roof deck

Cons

They don't value their employees, there is no track for moving up, nothing changes, management doesn't care about your opinions because they know best and the fact that you might have a great education and may be very intelligent doesn't mean they want to know what you think.

Management does not have your back in disagreements with other departments even if they say they agree with you to begin with.

The pay is certainly not on par with the industry (at least not in my department). I've read the other reviews on here and I honestly don't know what company those people are talking about, I disagree with almost everything the good reviews say.

They overwork you because they don't want to "spend the headcount" in any department except sales because apparently no other department effects the bottom line. So instead you'll find yourself working nights and weekends with no light at the end of the tunnel just to finish the work.

On top of that they force you to do "optional" work events like traveling to exotic locals which takes up your personal time and weekend, going on boating trips, and meetings that are always held late on Fridays. Some people might like traveling with their co-workers to beach locals, but I didn't.

They moved the company to Boston, seemingly, just for the image.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and utilize their skills. Also, learn to promote from within (even outside of sales and user services).

Stop being so concerned with what people think and whether you're right next to Google and Facebook because you are not in that league, but if you focus on your employees and the great products then someday, you might be.