LogMeIn Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
LogMeIn President and CEO Bill Wagner
Bill Wagner

Pros
  • They have pretty good work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Great culture and diversity, very high energy atmosphere (in 15 reviews)

1. "Job"

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great people and great amenities!

Cons

Office politics, job opportunity and performance based promotions dont exist.

Mar 21, 2017 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We appreciate you continuing to join us on this ride. We will continue to provide an excellent culture you are accustomed to. Office politics exist in every ... More

2. "Great Place to Work and Learn"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture and diversity, very high energy atmosphere

Cons

Depending on department you work in, some management can be stifling, other departments are fabulous!!

Advice to Management

Treat all employees like they are valued and working to better themselves, be appreciative.

Mar 7, 2017 – Employer Branding Specialist

Hello - Thank you for your feedback and your 8+ years spent with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our culture and atmosphere. We strive to provide a consistent experience for all employees ... More

"stong performing company"

Former Employee - Director in Littleton, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Littleton, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

the company continues to generate shareholder value and meet or exceed market expectations. the company is growing by acquisition and many opportunities exist.

Cons

Seemingly emotion-driven decisions and general impatience with new business initiatives along with misaligned resources within new business initiatives. Strong focus on squeezing cash out of legacy business areas.

Advice to Management

When you choose an area to invest, play to win or get out fast.

Dec 15, 2016

Hello - Thank you for your feedback and your 10+ years with us. During your tenure, you have seen our business grow, evolve, and your insight is valuable to us. Part of our growth strategy is ... More

5. "User Services Representative"

Former Contractor - Rescue Product Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Contractor - Rescue Product Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at LogMeIn as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

-Nice office with amenities.
    -Good people to work with, learned a lot there.
    -Lucky's is around the corner.

Cons

-Management decisions hard to decipher.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees in the loop. This is a good company and they want to do good work for you, don't leave them in the dark.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time

Pros

The best part of the org is commitment they give to your sales kills. Its an expensive service that helps you launch your career. They also do provide reinforcement of sandler on an annual basis as well. Some people think the snacks, free food, soda, coffee and gym are perks but it's pretty common place if you work in any high tech company these days. The roof deck is a nice place to have lunch and relax after work on sunny days. The company has a good name it's a place to go for a year or two and then leave for a better role.

The financials of this company are solid from and investment standpoint.

Cons

Pay in sales unless you are a manager or TL is below average for the field and also for Boston.

There's lots of backstabbing within the organization. If you aren't a part of the old boys club don't expect a seat at the table.

Managers arent shy to play favorites here and view you just as a number to make their checks for them.

The "Best Places to work" award is a joke- you are encouraged to vote every other day and told to use multiple email addresses to do so.

The join.me team has been pretty tumultuous for years now, they hire too quickly and don't ramp up leads fast enough. This is typical of the org as a whole.

I've had friends be put on plan for one bad month, I've seen people be fired simply because managers didn't like them even though they were performing.

Sales and marketing are highly disconnected.

There used to be lots of leaders, in the past year it's become a lot of Bosses instead.

80% of sales people here don't hit even 75% of their monthly numbers.

You are measured on dials on all sales teams. This has resulted in people making fake dials just to appease their managers and those who do so are rewarded for hitting their metrics.

The reason there are tons of open houses is because people leave / told to leave in droves. The company is growing quickly- but people are leaving just as quickly as well.

Advice to Management

Care more about quality conversations than phony dials. Bring back the culture of cross department collaboration. Make quotas attainable across all teams.

7. "Great company, great people"

Current Employee - Senior Automation Engineer in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Automation Engineer in Newton, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn (More than a year)

Pros

- great benefits
    - basketball court
    - beer cart fridays
    - great kick off's

Cons

- low salary
    - no transportation incentives or benefits
    - too many youngsters

Advice to Management

improve employee salaries as company's revenue continues to grow but worker salaries arent

8. "Great place to work, but salaries could be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, nice office perks(free snacks, drinks, coffee bar, and 2 small gyms), especially in smaller departments there's a real sense of upper management caring about your opinions.

Cons

Salaries could improve a bit more in departments outside of sales.

Advice to Management

Better salaries may help keep more talented folks around.

9. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people, competitive fun environment, collaborative, access to management at all levels, transparent culture, great products, awesome offices, career growth opportunities (lots of promotions every year), authentic and good people as colleagues.

Cons

Still in transition from a start-up to a more mature publicly traded company. More employees are being hired from more corporate environments like Oracle and EMC and hopefully won't change the culture from the start-up feel to too corporate. Sales department is a fun and challenging and they are getting more aggressive about not letting underperformers stick around for too long. But, it's sales, what did you expect?

Advice to Management

Stay close to the sales day-to-day as you make recommendations for business changes. Listen to the team for what is working and what is not. Keep being innovative with the products instead of playing catch-up.

10. "Great job for passionate people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The job is rewarding and upwards mobility is possible, but you need to be dedicated, engaged and passionate about what you do to thrive here. The culture on the side of the house where I work is one that I've really responded to. This company invested in me and made me a better, more successful professional.

Cons

There aren't a lot of down sides to working here. I'm one of those people that gets to say they love their job and mean it.

11. "Overall Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy to shape the products and prioritize daily activities

Cons

Company vision and structure shifted frequently