LogMeIn Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
LogMeIn President and CEO Bill Wagner
Bill Wagner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible work life balance even in most of the sales departnets (in 13 reviews)

• Great Culture and work environment (in 17 reviews)

"Treat you like Crap"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Pros

Great products, recent IPO, fast moving and young environment. Lots of work and learning opportunities.

Cons

Management treats staff like garbage. Most of the staff are quietly looking for new jobs, but given the poor state of the economy, those are hard to come by.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Tell them honestly what their opportunities are and will be. Your employees are your greatest asset. And "Standing Room" at red sox games aren't good rewards - at least buy them a seat.

"Doesn't value its talent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Pros

LogMeIn is a company with great technology and lots of very talented, hard-working employees. The company's innovative product and distribution model has allowed it to grow quickly (even during the great recession).

Cons

The company has terrible people management skills and is completely dysfunctional when it comes to getting the best from employees. A capricious management style leaves employees guessing at expectations and objectives, leaving some very bright folks frustrated. It's all about the politics.

"Worst place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Pros

Loyal customers. Co-workers are knowledgeable and friendly. Tech support team is great to work with. Compensation is on par with the market.

Cons

One of the most political environments I've ever been in and I've been in some really bad ones. If you aren't a part of the "inner circle", you have no shot at advancement. Management treats employees terribly. No feedback on your job performance. No communication about how you're doing or what value your contributions have. The CEO and CTO run the company top-down and rather capriciously. Unstable, dysfunctional organization.

Advice to Management

There's no reason to offer management any advice. They wouldn't listen or follow it anyway. They know everything - just look at the stock price!

"Amateur environment in a mid size company"

Current Employee - User Services Representative in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - User Services Representative in Woburn, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and progressive culture focusing on employee wellbeing

Cons

Management is amateur, from interview process to decision making up to promotions.

Advice to Management

Get out of the closed community you've created around yourselves

"Miserable from start to finish"

I worked at LogMeIn full-time

Pros

Occastional free lunches
    "Working" trips to far off locations during weekends and personal time

Cons

Complete and total mismanagement that starts at the top and trickles down.
    The rich get richer while midlevel employees who work the hardest get 2%
    Long hours and poor salary for anyone without a 'VP' in front of their title
    If you don't drink the Kool Aid you won't last long...

Advice to Management

Stop being so concerned about competing with the Facebooks and the LinkedIns of the world and focus on being LogMeIn

"Moving to Boston to attract young talent -- who cares if you work here and you don't want to go!!"

Current Employee - Can't Say So I Won't Get Fired in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Can't Say So I Won't Get Fired in Woburn, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Convenient Woburn location -- oops, impossible to get to Boston location

State of the art technology -- but you can't use our #1 product to work from home yourself

Good employees who give 100% and get little in return

Free soda

Cons

Despite 90% of workforce being from suburbs, moving to Boston to find young talent -- I guess the old talent has to suck it up and double their commute.
    CEO is never around, doesn't know who works for him, and relies on management too heavily.
    HR department consists of 3 people for over 260 employees.

Advice to Management

Value the employees you have instead of aways looking for the next best thing.

"Overworked, Underpaid, and Going Nowhere"

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My co-workers for the most part were great, they had lots of technology, and after the move to Boston working from home was no longer forbidden, there is a nice roof deck

Cons

They don't value their employees, there is no track for moving up, nothing changes, management doesn't care about your opinions because they know best and the fact that you might have a great education and may be very intelligent doesn't mean they want to know what you think.

Management does not have your back in disagreements with other departments even if they say they agree with you to begin with.

The pay is certainly not on par with the industry (at least not in my department). I've read the other reviews on here and I honestly don't know what company those people are talking about, I disagree with almost everything the good reviews say.

They overwork you because they don't want to "spend the headcount" in any department except sales because apparently no other department effects the bottom line. So instead you'll find yourself working nights and weekends with no light at the end of the tunnel just to finish the work.

On top of that they force you to do "optional" work events like traveling to exotic locals which takes up your personal time and weekend, going on boating trips, and meetings that are always held late on Fridays. Some people might like traveling with their co-workers to beach locals, but I didn't.

They moved the company to Boston, seemingly, just for the image.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and utilize their skills. Also, learn to promote from within (even outside of sales and user services).

Stop being so concerned with what people think and whether you're right next to Google and Facebook because you are not in that league, but if you focus on your employees and the great products then someday, you might be.

"Don't get fooled by the perks and the pretty office"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Perks are great and offices are cool, but that is not going to keep you happy in the long run.
    - The CEO is great but the rest of senior management needs to get it to together.
    - They have a great HR and Corporate Image team.

Cons

- Insurance is expensive, no 401k matching.
    - Salaries are sub-par compared to their direct competitors.
    - Executive team is just gunning to make The Street happy quarter after quarter.
    - There is no Engineering leadership in Boston, making all decisions driven by marketing, sales or product (that used to be either part of marketing or sales previously).
    - Revolving door for product and sales teams. Marketing too but at least that has been getting better. Ask me in three months.

Advice to Management

MKS needs to revamp his leadership team. We need a new Executive team that will make bold risks and stick to them. We need product teams that understand the engineering behind the product. We need long-term vision instead of having everything decided just to meet our quarterly numbers.

"They have cool perks that basically only serve one purpose: to lure you into a boring and soul-less work environment."

Former Employee - User Services Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - User Services Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The people. Honestly, they are what makes the work almost bearable.
    -The "perks" (I put this in quotations because they're really not that different than any other start-up company with a hip and cool work culture.) -beer cart Fridays, soon-to-be Guinness on tap, a very small gym, free snacks (fruits, protein bars, sodas, etc.)

Cons

The pay isn't that great and the work is SUPER monotonus and draining. Seriously, if you think working as a Customer Service rep (entry-level) is a good idea just because the pay is somewhat appealing (at first, at least), think again. SO what they have free beer on Fridays and a gym (which, btw, is super small)? So do a lot of other companies. Don't let the coolness of the company trick you, because in my honest opinion, it just wasn't enough to keep me there. Trust me, there are other fish in the sea, people.

The training for this position is also incredibly counterproductive and insanely boring. Like, to the point where you want to rip your hair out for the first two weeks. They talk at you instead of making it more fun and hands-on, which turns you off from the get-go. I mean, you're being taught how to use VERY technical software in an extremely dense fashion. It's just not fun. Also, they are very strict when it comes to having to miss a day for whatever reason you may have, at least in those first two weeks. Sometimes, things do come up, but beware, as they will drop you like a bad habit without a care in the world.

-Also, the location isn't terrible, but it's also not the greatest. It's in South Boston, where the closest T-stop is South Station. And I think there are one or two buses that stop by the office, but that's it. So it might be a little out of the way for some folks.

Advice to Management

Make your training sessions more interactive and creative so that people will actually want to work there and be on the phones talking with customers.

And pay better for this position.

"Engineer? Don't get fooled by the perks!!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Big company, some perks are pretty cool, trying hard to be a good place to work.

Cons

No oversight into middle management. My manager is a complete jerk and I have little recourse. Been working there for 1 month and already regret my decision. The company as whole tries to look like a great, hip place, but it really doesn't matter if your super is an idiot.

The benefits and $$ are on par, if not a little behind the Boston area, but I got wooed by the hip image...that was a BIG mistake.

Advice to Management

Need to revamp engineering culture completely in Boston office. The join.me group is a total mess. If people are engineers, not managers, don't let them manage! And, put some true senior level programmers in strategic places....tons of intermediate guys waving their ___ and pretending they know what they're doing. You need people that can make objective decisions and are generalists.

LogMeIn Response

Jul 1, 2016 – VP People and Talent

Dear LogMeIn Employee,

Thank you for your candid feedback. We take everyone’s thoughts and opinions into serious consideration. Your experience working at LogMeIn is very important to us and I... More