LogMeIn Reviews | Glassdoor

LogMeIn Reviews

Updated July 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible work life balance even in most of the sales departnets (in 13 reviews)

• Great Culture and work environment (in 17 reviews)

Cons

"My former company is merged with lmi, Im no longer valued, many changes are put in place just to drive us away."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am sorry, but I just Couldnt think of any major cons. They have open office space, maybe that counts one?

Cons

Demotion (decision made NOT based on performance), frequent management change, no alignment across teams, low efficiency, leaders are not doing what's the best for the business, but what would make themselves look good.

Advice to Management

Please treat employees who are hired thru merger/acquisition well, because they deserve.

Mar 16, 2017 – Employer Branding Specialist

Hello - thank you for your review. During this time post-merger, we are committed to transparency and the fair treatment of all employees. We understand at times, situations may feel uncertain, but... More

2. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for career advancement within a growing company, good $$$ potential if you hit your OTE, amenities are great (gym, basketball court, roof deck, beer cart, etc.), young and fun culture.

Cons

Just the typical growing pains of a growing company.

Advice to Management

Improve internal communications

Jan 13, 2017

Hello - thank you for leaving your review. We are happy to hear you are enjoying the benefits and perks. Internal communications will be increasingly more important this year, and inter-department... More

"stong performing company"

Former Employee - Director in Littleton, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Littleton, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

the company continues to generate shareholder value and meet or exceed market expectations. the company is growing by acquisition and many opportunities exist.

Cons

Seemingly emotion-driven decisions and general impatience with new business initiatives along with misaligned resources within new business initiatives. Strong focus on squeezing cash out of legacy business areas.

Advice to Management

When you choose an area to invest, play to win or get out fast.

Dec 15, 2016

Hello - Thank you for your feedback and your 10+ years with us. During your tenure, you have seen our business grow, evolve, and your insight is valuable to us. Part of our growth strategy is... More

"Toxic environment, incompetent leadership, no vision"

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Lots of perks: travel, training, very nice office.

- Compensation is very generous with good pay, health insurance, commuter savings accounts, and equity.

Cons

- There's a huge amount of hostility between the offices in the Boston and Hungary. I found myself constantly walking on eggshells. Anything beyond a simple smile and nod will get you labeled as a troublemaker. This is largely the result of the dishonesty of executive leadership.

- Suggesting anything new (especially if you're not senior management or from the US) is met with hostility.

- Product managers simply do not understand the markets they are in, and efforts to help them are futile.

- There's a deeply nested hierarchy of people, and all direction must come from a top-down manner.

- There's a bazaar, religious devotion to certain technology platforms.

- The culture is dominated by politicking, and progress is marred by non-technical roadblocks.

- Executive leadership is untrustworthy, and would habitually say one thing and do another.

Advice to Management

- Gut executive leadership.

- Gut product management.

- Learn to empower your visionaries.

- Get rid of the numerous layers of middle management. It does nothing but promote the building of fiefdoms and politicking.

- Stop letting HR define your corporate culture.

Jan 20, 2017

Hello - Thank you for your feedback and your time spent with us. We are so glad to read that you enjoyed our office, benefits, and perks. At LogMeIn, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture where... More

5. "Love LogMeIn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Great people, even better product, fun office environment

Cons

I really don't have any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep your focus

Dec 16, 2016

Hello, We appreciate you leaving your feedback. Thank you, Jason

"Alluring yet Deceptive"

Former Employee - User Services Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - User Services Representative in Boston, MA

Pros

-Strong training and great training coordinators.
    -Complementary snacks, fruit, coffee, and tea.
    -Beer cart.
    -Foosball and pool table.
    -Awesome, large rooftop deck.
    -Company lunches.
    -Fun yearly kick-off.
    -A relaxed, easy-going office culture. No strict dress code. Shorts and sneakers in the summertime.
    -A very playful atmosphere. 'Work hard, play hard!'

Cons

-Management is unprincipled in their decision-making. I worked for nine months as a contractor, and in spite of my dedication to my work and my performance, I just wasn't getting hired. I was convinced time and again that I would be converted to a permanent position, and I held out for far too long, giving in to their false hopes. It ended up feeling disposed and expended in the end, after some specious decisions regarding policy violation, which also left permanent employees with one-time violations terminated with no verbal or written warning. I find this to be poor judgment on management's part, and should only occur because of a serious violation (assault, harassment, theft, insubordination).

-Consumer ethics are questionable. Product prices were raised 50% with little additional features or value. The BBB is watching.

-Too much gossip.

-Limited advancement opportunities.

-Too large an emphasis on metrics and standings. This promotes a cut-throat (please pay attention, management) atmosphere, with colleagues pitting themselves against each other. Not enough attention is given to development, achievement, accolades, and even conduct. Be more people-oriented, not just numbers-oriented. Praise often given to workers whose standings were not accurate (which could be proven through real-time data that was sorely under-utilized). Metrics are important, but lay off them just a bit.

-The median age of the company is 29. If you're 30+, you may feel like a bit of an outsider, alienated even, due to the lack of life experience and relative maturity levels of younger colleagues. I will say, however, that I made some great friendships with some of the brighter, more mature and insightful young folks I worked with.

-A very siloed organization. Poor communication between marketing, development, sales, finance, and customer care.

-I sensed a bit of favoritism. If you did not fit a certain mold or were not willing to be a sycophant, you would likely be invisible.

-Poor communication. Often there would be little to no adequate preparation for those handling inbound calls once a marketing or product change would go into effect. In some instances, inbound call takers would be aware at the same time, or even after customers were made aware.

-In retrospect, it felt too much like a corporate wolf in 'fun start-up' sheep's clothing. It reminded me too much of Dan Lyons' experience in his book 'Disrupted.'

Advice to Management

-Management: during job interviews for an internal position, do not ask the interviewee for information on a co-worker or their opinion on that co-worker. This is inappropriate.

-Transparency is important. When management appears secretive, there will be little chance for a team's trust to be cultivated. With a lack of transparency, your direct reports will follow your lead, as you lead by example. I think this can and has affected integrity for this particular department.

-Avoid poor choices for leadership roles. It was uncomfortable to see an interim team-lead vocally reprimand co-workers in plain view, and allow non-work appropriate discussions to take place on the floor.

-Give your dedicated, high achievers more recognition for the hard work they do. Sure, free snacks and beer are nice and all, but I feel that these 'perks' are more to appease, to pacify. Expand options beyond gift cards that may take months to receive. How about mentoring, 'Employee of the Month', more announcements showing appreciation? Throw a few more bones here or there. You'd be surprised at how much it can change overall morale.

-Learn to better develop your weak performers, because, more often than not, your weak performers aren't weak because they are inherently incapable. Take into consideration different learning styles, personality types. Not every user services rep can be a GO-GO-GO HEY LOOK AT ME extrovert. Introverts can be your most valuable talent if you pay them some notice.

-Ruminate on diversity and how it may be important.

-Be honest. I said it. Be honest...

Oct 13, 2016

Hello - We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. You addressed some important points that we shared with senior management in that department. They are discussing and raising... More

7. "Technical Support Rep"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Chelsea, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Chelsea, MA

I worked at LogMeIn (More than a year)

Pros

-They have pretty good work/life balance.

Cons

-Starting salary is not great

Oct 5, 2016

Hello - Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have passed along your feedback to our HR team and the stakeholders who oversee that department. Thank you, Jason

"Entry level"

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of fun culturally- fun events and work perks - (march madness, beer carts, company lunches, etc). Very good on paper.

Cons

Training was minimal. Even when actively asking for help, nothing was given. Gossip on all employees took a front seat frequently. So unprofessional. Oh, and your snacks don't taste good.

Advice to Management

Stop gossiping and maybe try to help your employees succeed. Oh, and stop punishing your top performers. That's why people keep leaving.

Sep 26, 2016

Hello - Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're happy you enjoyed the events and perks while you were here. We believe formal training is key in setting our employees up for... More

9. "Customer Support Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Support/Inbound Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Support/Inbound Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great corporate culture, great facilities, great management, occasional free lunches, corporate parties

Cons

stressful environment, limited advancement opportunities, high turnover,

Oct 5, 2016

"Opportunity abounds"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

I have been with LogMeIn for 2 years and have recently been promoted within my department. While I have worked for many local Boston companies that promised growth and opportunity, this is the first organization that I have seen deliver across the board. If you put in the effort, are a team player, are agile and can think outside of the box, you can have a successful career. The people are what make this a great place, both on my immediate team and those I interact cross functionally with. The organization is progressive, listens to the employees and their wants/concerns, is truly innovative and forward thinking.

Cons

Truly, none. Work is work, but when you love work it becomes something greater.

Aug 1, 2016 – Employer Branding Specialist

Dear Employee, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please let us know how we can improve your experience at LogMeIn. Thank you, Jason