LogRhythm Reviews in Boulder, CO | Glassdoor

Boulder, CO

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Andy Grolnick

Pros
  • Work-Life balance is great, everyone works hard but it's a play hard atmosphere also (in 13 reviews)

• Employees are looked after, Free Food Wednesday, Monday morning breakfasts and monthly massages along with numerous other benefits (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% do NOT recommend joining LogRhythm customer care, specifically support (in 4 reviews)

• Several departments do not have built in career paths for growth (in 4 reviews)

"Great Place and even greater people"

Current Employee - Support Service Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Support Service Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People
    Structure
    Caring
    Gym
    Great Training
    I have only been here a week and know this will be my home for a long time to come

Cons

None yet
    Even under stress the continue care for the employee

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Eesh (real review, real former employee of LogRhythm)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Genuinely warm and approachable CEO
    Free food
    A lot of worker bees who truly are trying their best

Cons

Product has some serious challenges and flaws and those are hidden from the customer. Encouraging employees to be disingenuous about the product isn't a recipe for success.
    Some people who are good at their jobs are promoted to management positions. It takes an entirely different set of skills to be a good manager.
    Training is completely inadequate. Laughable.
    Lack of consistency in expectations of employees.

Advice to Management

Weed out the people who aren't qualified to do their jobs. When a company is in start up mode, hiring family and friends to do important jobs flies. At some point, the company needs to grow up and hire people who are actually qualified for their roles. Good people are leaving for a reason.

"Awesome Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Marketing in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing company culture with intelligent, hardworking and fun employees. Everyone who works here is willing to help, regardless of their title. Everyone is dedicated to the company's success and works hard to get the job done. The company values its employees. Flexible work schedules, flexible time off, company happy hours, and free lunch every Friday are just some of the perks. One of the company values is "work hard, live well, have fun"... and you can see that every day at LogRhythm. It is by far the best company I have ever worked for!

Cons

There are no major cons worth noting.

"Drinkin' that LogRhythm Koolaide"

Former Employee - Technical in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Technical in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time

Pros

Paid health insurance.
    Lots of time off.
    Free bikes to ride at lunchtime.
    Free food. Great if you want to gain weight, Yay.
    "Some" good technical training in meetings.
    Good salaries for some people.
    People on my team were very decent (not including manager)
    Some nice people and a few good managers.
    They got rid of this one support manager who played favorites and had a bad temper.

Cons

They work support people to death. It’s incredible to watch. After the rollout of 7.1, support people were so angry because they had to deal with angry customers all day long.

Work spaces are tiny. The environment can look skanky. A lot of commotion.

Millennial workers, ugh. If you’re a millennial and love beer, dogs, pot, Star Wars, and video games, this is the place for you! But don’t try to have a conversation with them about anything else.

The two founders are not personable, and can even come across as snobs. They ignore most of those who were hired after 2015.

They hire spouses or people who live together and put them in the same department, and I’ve heard HR gets testy when you mention that it causes favouritism. Everyone pretends like there is no problem but behind the scenes, people hate it. Isn't this unethical?? It should be stopped.

Some engineers are arrogant, to say the least.

Middle management is pretty awful. They buy flashy cars and big houses and boast about it.

Salespeople are treated like first class. Turnover is high.

Training group is bad. Mean adminc. Materials are confusing, either go way over your head or are dumbed down. Trainers aren’t very technical. One of the trainers trashes the product a lot. It’s embarrassing. I didn’t feel prepared to do my job after taking the training. Avoid training if you can. You’ll pick up on more by just reading about the product.

Some of the people who work in events planning are beyond rude. They should be fired for being so nasty to employees.

I left because there was no path of growth or promotion for me. Not once did my manager talk to me about my future there. NOT ONCE.

The worst thing though is that LogRhythm tries to build a cult around their product. LogRhythm would have you believe that they are better than their competitors and it just isn’t true.

Advice to Management

Provide a real career path for people instead of focusing mainly on freebies, benefits, and the cult of Logrhythm. Have the founders take a charm school class. Hire managers on the basis of real ability with people. Force managers to talk to employees about career growth or you will continue to lose people.

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Treated like a professional, work with professionals, great work / life balance, happy to come to work.

Cons

Salary not exactly commensurate with experience. Lowballed on the way in

"Love it here"

Current Employee - Support Services Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Support Services Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome atmosphere, the pay is good, good balance of work and life, good coworkers, training allowance, flexible time off, upward mobility in pay and position.

Cons

Training program could use work, cross departmental communication is not always the best

7. "A growing, pleasant workplace with some organizational issues still needing to be resolved."

Former Contractor - Technical Support Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Former Contractor - Technical Support Engineer in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

* LogRhythm is, by and large, a competent company that does its job (SIEM software production and support) well. The product works, most of the time.
    * Working in support, all of my co-workers were knowledgeable and engaging people.
    * The company does go above and beyond in providing in-office amenities to employees; in addition to the fancy coffee and weekly yoga, there are weekly catered meals.
    * I worked as a contractor, but I was privy to the internal promotion process. The employee review procedure, while a little overbearing, seems fair and effective at promoting the best people.

Cons

* There is a fairly severe manpower problem. Most customer-facing departments have a large backlog of work and the customer base seems to be growing faster than the company can onboard new people.
    * Interdepartmental communication needs a LOT of work. Sales, professional services, and support are not good at talking to each other and the administrative structures to facilitate that communication are lacking.
    * Sales in particular has a tendency to play a bit fast and loose with what the hardware they sell can actually do, and the discrepancy between the promised and the achieved tends to blow back on Support.
    * LogRhythm (the software package) is horrendously documented. The documentation that does exist is varyingly out of date, not customer-facing, or scattered some obscure corner of the company network. Combined with the SIEM package's pretty unintuitive UI, this makes issues that should be routine become arcane and intractable. This is not due to incompetence; the problem is that the company doesn't have the staff available to update and unify the docs.
    * This is further complicated by the fact that all of Customer Care is set up with the assumption that all customers will have their deployment set up for them by LR engineers and thorough training provided. This is often not the case, and Support (which, theoretically, is only break-fix) must often train customers in how to use their software correctly.
    * Vital development projects have a tendency to be dismissed or put on the back burner with little scrutiny. Support for a key SQL logging feature had been in development for nearly 2.5 years before I pinged the project owner, who assured me it would be out by the end of the week.

Advice to Management

* All of customer care needs more people. If meeting Service Level Agreements are going to be the primary metric of success, more warm bodies are needed.
    * There is a focus on consistency of communication (read: using pre-written responses) which I feel is ultimately detrimental to the customer experience.
    * Distribution of work: the push and pull systems for ticket assignment both have the potential to work fine, but the hybrid system Support is now using does not, especially when the people pushing out work are unaware of how much work has been pulled recently by the recipient. Pick one.

8. "Most incredible learning experience"

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had the best summer of my life working at LogRhythm.

- My team members were extremely welcoming and enthusiastic to teach me what they knew and help me when I needed. They really made the summer amazing.
    - The work I did had REAL impact on the company and is present in the product now. I also had choice in what I worked on
    - Management was fantastic. VP of Engineering had 1-on-1s with the interns and offered invaluable advice, and the founders and CEO knew the interns! The CEO even had lunch with us one day! They were very welcoming and down to earth.
    - My team got along really well, and work got done - they had a great work ethic and a very positive environment. Now, when I think of what a great team is and one I strive to be part of, I think of them.
    - Fantastic work-life balance. I was just an intern of course, but I really felt that this was a predominant feeling throughout the company, which is a MAJOR plus.
    - Hackathon was lots of fun and a fantastic experience. You are given 3 days(!) to just work on your Hackathon project and then you present it to the whole company. Prizes are great too.
    - People know each other - you don't feel invisible; you feel like you're part of a community
    - Tube To Work Day was fun :)
    - BOULDER is BEAUTIFUL (and the food is great!). Seriously considering moving there after college.

Overall, LogRhythm was an incredible opportunity and I can definitely see myself working there full time after college. I left my internship really believing that THAT was the type of company I wanted to work for.

Cons

Very few cons; I guess just that pay is lower than that of other software engineering internships.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome. The guidance you gave me this summer will stay with me for the rest of my life.

"Don't believe the Hype and there is a lot of it..."

Former Employee - Customer Relations Manager in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Relations Manager in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work around
    Nice office space
    Nice perks

Cons

Management is terrible. They really don't care about employees - well, they care about the favorites, it truly is a cult like culture and you are either in the "in" crowd or you are not. Therefore all those perks they advertise, like WFH, forget it unless you are a management favorite. They don't listen to ideas and many days it feels like high school.

Customer's were constantly complaining about updates and hot fixes not working. That is a fact. It was a daily grind of listening to customer's complain.

Low pay compared to industry.

Advice to Management

Hire grown ups to manage others. Not much to be done about the co founders, though they should step back as they cause more headaches than needed to grow the company.

LogRhythm Response

Dec 29, 2016 – President & CEO

Readers of this review should understand that we haven't had a Customer Relationship Manager leave the company in over 2 years and they will see a strong majority of reviews on this site counter to ... More

"Company full of uneducated people who only care about the perks"

I worked at LogRhythm full-time

Pros

The ONLY pros are the start up company type perks:
    - Unlimited PTO
    -Flexible WFH (depending on your manager)
    -Free lunch Fridays
    -Ping pong table, foosball table, rental bike, gym, outside basketball court, arcade game
    -Free and unlimited soda, coffee, and tea
    -Take your dog to work day, Tube to work day, Fitness challenge (you get a free Fitbit zip and T-shirt)
    -Casual dress code
    -Stock options
    -Happy hour every other week
    -Modern new building (in addition to two old buildings that are modern inside)

Cons

Everything important that matters in a job:
    -Poor leadership
    -No mentorship
    -People come in, do their job, and leave. No one cares to improve previous processes, help out other team members, or even cares to work on growing oneself in anyway. People come in at 9-9:30, take 1-1.5 hour lunch break, and leave at 4-5.
    -The company is full of knuckleheads from no name schools who can't get a job at a successful established company
    -There are so many young people who are there just to have fun and don't take work seriously
    -The company blows so much money on unnecessary things- it's unbelievable. They do not spend their money wisely in terms of helping the business grow
    -Management is THE WORST. There is no communication amongst any one and thus absolutely poor decisions are made. I have never been around such incompetent and careless management before in my 5 years of working
    -Absolutely no upward mobility. They would rather spend money on buying everyone tubes, t-shirts, fit bits, lunch, and alcohol than promote you and give you a raise
    -Pay is FAR below the industry standard. Do NOT let the perks sway you into picking this job over a much better higher paying job! Pick the other one!

Advice to Management

Hire some qualified, competent people who actually care about helping the company grow- not the knuckleheads who just do the bare minimum and are only at the company for the start up company perks. Oh and fire your current management and hire ones from successful, established companies.