LogRhythm Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Andy Grolnick

Pros
  • Work-Life balance is great, everyone works hard but it's a play hard atmosphere also (in 13 reviews)

• Employees are looked after, Free Food Wednesday, Monday morning breakfasts and monthly massages along with numerous other benefits (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% do NOT recommend joining LogRhythm customer care, specifically support (in 4 reviews)

• Several departments do not have built in career paths for growth (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Place and even greater people"

Current Employee - Support Service Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Support Service Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People
    Structure
    Caring
    Gym
    Great Training
    I have only been here a week and know this will be my home for a long time to come

Cons

None yet
    Even under stress the continue care for the employee

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Awesome Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Marketing in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing company culture with intelligent, hardworking and fun employees. Everyone who works here is willing to help, regardless of their title. Everyone is dedicated to the company's success and works hard to get the job done. The company values its employees. Flexible work schedules, flexible time off, company happy hours, and free lunch every Friday are just some of the perks. One of the company values is "work hard, live well, have fun"... and you can see that every day at LogRhythm. It is by far the best company I have ever worked for!

Cons

There are no major cons worth noting.

"Drinkin' that LogRhythm Koolaide"

Former Employee - Technical in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Technical in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time

Pros

Paid health insurance.
    Lots of time off.
    Free bikes to ride at lunchtime.
    Free food. Great if you want to gain weight, Yay.
    "Some" good technical training in meetings.
    Good salaries for some people.
    People on my team were very decent (not including manager)
    Some nice people and a few good managers.
    They got rid of this one support manager who played favorites and had a bad temper.

Cons

They work support people to death. It’s incredible to watch. After the rollout of 7.1, support people were so angry because they had to deal with angry customers all day long.

Work spaces are tiny. The environment can look skanky. A lot of commotion.

Millennial workers, ugh. If you’re a millennial and love beer, dogs, pot, Star Wars, and video games, this is the place for you! But don’t try to have a conversation with them about anything else.

The two founders are not personable, and can even come across as snobs. They ignore most of those who were hired after 2015.

They hire spouses or people who live together and put them in the same department, and I’ve heard HR gets testy when you mention that it causes favouritism. Everyone pretends like there is no problem but behind the scenes, people hate it. Isn't this unethical?? It should be stopped.

Some engineers are arrogant, to say the least.

Middle management is pretty awful. They buy flashy cars and big houses and boast about it.

Salespeople are treated like first class. Turnover is high.

Training group is bad. Mean adminc. Materials are confusing, either go way over your head or are dumbed down. Trainers aren’t very technical. One of the trainers trashes the product a lot. It’s embarrassing. I didn’t feel prepared to do my job after taking the training. Avoid training if you can. You’ll pick up on more by just reading about the product.

Some of the people who work in events planning are beyond rude. They should be fired for being so nasty to employees.

I left because there was no path of growth or promotion for me. Not once did my manager talk to me about my future there. NOT ONCE.

The worst thing though is that LogRhythm tries to build a cult around their product. LogRhythm would have you believe that they are better than their competitors and it just isn’t true.

Advice to Management

Provide a real career path for people instead of focusing mainly on freebies, benefits, and the cult of Logrhythm. Have the founders take a charm school class. Hire managers on the basis of real ability with people. Force managers to talk to employees about career growth or you will continue to lose people.

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Treated like a professional, work with professionals, great work / life balance, happy to come to work.

Cons

Salary not exactly commensurate with experience. Lowballed on the way in

"Love it here"

Current Employee - Support Services Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Support Services Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome atmosphere, the pay is good, good balance of work and life, good coworkers, training allowance, flexible time off, upward mobility in pay and position.

Cons

Training program could use work, cross departmental communication is not always the best

"Good company with great people!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed working at LogRhythm. The company provided me many opportunities to learn and grow professionally. I always really liked and respected the people I worked for and with. There is a roll 'em up mentality because there is a lot of work to get done but they also set realistic expectations. For the most part the company does a good job of recognizing top contributors. The company has a great culture which comes from the top
    down, starting with their amazing CEO who treats everybody with respect and is genuinely enthusiastic about the company and the employees. This guy is the real deal!

Cons

Everyplace has their issues but the good far outweighs the bad in my opinion. Paths to promotion and career advancement could have been better defined but I believe HR is working on that.

On a side note I read someone's review that bashed on the culture and the perks saying it was too much. I am sorry but if you don't like it, don't participate and focus on your work and worry less about what other people are doing. People really love to complain #firstworldproblems.

Nov 17, 2016 – President & CEO

Appreciate the feedback and glad that your experience was positive. As you point out, we are putting a lot of work into better defining career advancement paths. Wish you all the best.

"Don't believe the Hype and there is a lot of it..."

Former Employee - Customer Relations Manager in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Relations Manager in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work around
    Nice office space
    Nice perks

Cons

Management is terrible. They really don't care about employees - well, they care about the favorites, it truly is a cult like culture and you are either in the "in" crowd or you are not. Therefore all those perks they advertise, like WFH, forget it unless you are a management favorite. They don't listen to ideas and many days it feels like high school.

Customer's were constantly complaining about updates and hot fixes not working. That is a fact. It was a daily grind of listening to customer's complain.

Low pay compared to industry.

Advice to Management

Hire grown ups to manage others. Not much to be done about the co founders, though they should step back as they cause more headaches than needed to grow the company.

Dec 29, 2016 – President & CEO

Readers of this review should understand that we haven't had a Customer Relationship Manager leave the company in over 2 years and they will see a strong majority of reviews on this site counter to ... More

"Enterprise Sales Engineer"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Passionate about they do best! Care about their employees quality of life. Unrelenting in raising the bar for their industry. Strong support from your fellow SEs. Some of the best folks I've met to date. Some very talented engineers that have the ability and patience to explain difficult topics and disseminate information accordingly.
    Last point, not sure if this is a Pro or Con for the reader? To the folks that rant about bad experiences or managers... I can't speak to that directly. My experience was rewarding, enriching and empowering. Granted I might have been around long enough to make all the necessary inroads to always know who to contact. Make no mistake LogRhythm is a growing market leader. Some bad seeds will get hired, promoted, etc... Your experience is what you make it. If you cannot find someone to help you then probably aren't talking to the right person. Don't let the free food or free beer fool you. This is not an easy job, not a easy industry and the job market is competitive. Do your homework! Live Log and Prosper!!

Cons

Drink their own Kool-Aid too much (a result of being passionate). The powers that be can make decisions from time to time that really don't take the customer experience in consideration. They can also lean towards arrogance, but again I feel that's the side effect of burning passion to be the market leader! Like many other software companies they have bugs, it when they release the version too soon that will leave you scratching your head and dancing in front of your customer until the hot fix.

Advice to Management

Stay laser focused as you are and be humble. Gartner reports might allow you to carry a big stick but doesn't mean you have to flaunt it. Don't focus so much on rewards from critics rather focus on happy customer reviews. Bake the product more before releasing to the masses. I cannot tell you how many discussions I had with current customers about the fox that is coming, the fix is coming, the fix breaks this but the Next Fix will be.... Argh. Couple that with Support fiasco you didn't give us much to stand on after essentially telling us we had to get all customers on 7. Obviously not everyone felt this pain in the SE but the West was not won with Unstable product.
    Best of luck everyone. I'm rooting for a fantastic 2016 from you!

Nov 18, 2016 – President & CEO

Thanks for the feedback and your contributions over the years. Our current software has been very well-received by customers and has proven to be both stable and highly scalable. Our new version ... More

"Company full of uneducated people who only care about the perks"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time

Pros

The ONLY pros are the start up company type perks:
    - Unlimited PTO
    -Flexible WFH (depending on your manager)
    -Free lunch Fridays
    -Ping pong table, foosball table, rental bike, gym, outside basketball court, arcade game
    -Free and unlimited soda, coffee, and tea
    -Take your dog to work day, Tube to work day, Fitness challenge (you get a free Fitbit zip and T-shirt)
    -Casual dress code
    -Stock options
    -Happy hour every other week
    -Modern new building (in addition to two old buildings that are modern inside)

Cons

Everything important that matters in a job:
    -Poor leadership
    -No mentorship
    -People come in, do their job, and leave. No one cares to improve previous processes, help out other team members, or even cares to work on growing oneself in anyway. People come in at 9-9:30, take 1-1.5 hour lunch break, and leave at 4-5.
    -The company is full of knuckleheads from no name schools who can't get a job at a successful established company
    -There are so many young people who are there just to have fun and don't take work seriously
    -The company blows so much money on unnecessary things- it's unbelievable. They do not spend their money wisely in terms of helping the business grow
    -Management is THE WORST. There is no communication amongst any one and thus absolutely poor decisions are made. I have never been around such incompetent and careless management before in my 5 years of working
    -Absolutely no upward mobility. They would rather spend money on buying everyone tubes, t-shirts, fit bits, lunch, and alcohol than promote you and give you a raise
    -Pay is FAR below the industry standard. Do NOT let the perks sway you into picking this job over a much better higher paying job! Pick the other one!

Advice to Management

Hire some qualified, competent people who actually care about helping the company grow- not the knuckleheads who just do the bare minimum and are only at the company for the start up company perks. Oh and fire your current management and hire ones from successful, established companies.

"Growing company with good values"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time

Pros

I have worked as a senior developer at LogRhythm since 2013.The majority of the coding I do is with C++ on Linux systems. The rest of the coding time is done in Lua, php, JavaScript, Java, Python and Go.

During my 3+ years the company has matured a lot. There were some growing pains for sure but in the last 1.5-2 years the company has turned into a workplace I truly cherish.

I am baffled by some of the negative reviews but maybe they were from people in a different department?

Things I cherish at work, in my team:

- whiteboard brainstorming Sr to Jr level engineers to solve hard problems.
    - management and peers show appreciation for what the individual as well as the team achieves
    - good (and it's getting better) contact with clients through our public forums
    - working with some open source software. We can contribute back to the coding community during office hours :)
    - TDD team dojjo's, team lunch brown bags (the last was "clean code")
    - hackathon
    - a mature insight that quality in code is key to success
    - product management that realizes that focus is key and feature creep should be avoided.
    - a reasonable approach to the classic dilemma with release deadline vs scope
    - team outings and release celebrations
    - open and honest feedback from the peers in my team

Cons

Some teams and departments are obviously better managed than others. I think the negative reviews are proof of that. It's weird though, I cannot even connect with some of the negative reviews I have seen here.

Advice to Management

Please look at the teams that make it a joy to be in as well as the teams that have issues.

What makes a team great? Maybe there are lessons to learn here that can benefit other teams and departments?

When a director, team lead or developer is not contributing and is making the workplace sour instead of contributing to create a great workplace then please act faster on helping them improve or (if it would go to that) let them go.

Shape up regarding our departments quarterly retroactives! --> There is great wisdom shared from the engineeing dept. , by listening and taking action on what the teams suggest a great workplace can become world class!