LogRhythm Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Andy Grolnick

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-Life balance is great, everyone works hard but it's a play hard atmosphere also (in 14 reviews)

• Employees are looked after, Free Food Wednesday, Monday morning breakfasts and monthly massages along with numerous other benefits (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% do NOT recommend joining LogRhythm customer care, specifically support (in 4 reviews)

• There are no cons to working here (in 4 reviews)

1. "Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - RSM
    Current Employee - RSM

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product, great sales team. Working for LogRhythm has been excellent in every way imaginable, never had more fun. The product is a leader in this space and practically sells itself. No micromanagement but leadership steps in when they need to with the right resources. Couldn't speak more highly of the company!

Cons

None at this time, couldn't be happier.

Advice to Management

Awesome company, continue to do what you do! That being said, be sure there is a culture of accountability across the board at every position. Sometimes with Professional services and Support, silly mistakes and rescheduling of meetings can frustrate new customers. Do the little things right every time!

"Over 5 years at LogRhythm The Good, Bad and Ugly (Real Review)"

Former Employee - Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Engineer in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company was great to work for the the beginning! I learned a lot and had a fun time. Work was hard and long but felt like I was making a difference.

When the company was all in one building and no India, team collaboration was high. When we moved we lost a lot of that.

They spend a lot of money on parties, free food, beer, dog days, kid days. All where great! A big thank you for these :)

Building a SIEM is not easy and a lot of companies slow down. LR keeps pushing to try and build out this space. They hire very smart people.

They value innovation!

Cons

Where do I start here......

1) Flex Time - What a joke! They tell you can take as much or as little time off as you want but they track it. If you try to go over 3 weeks they do not allow you. Its just a cleaver way of not paying you PTO when you leave.

2) They are going public soon! Yea have been hearing that for many years! I call it virtual handcuffs. You need to stay to get vested. They will keep giving you stock options to keep you around. Then when you do leave and you buy your options, don't expect emails telling you anything. After investing a lot of money it would be nice to get an email every quarter or year.

3) Upward motion in the company. Yea that is another joke! If you are the 1% or top programmer they will treat you like a GOD. If you have management skill they will promote you and not pay you more. If you are everyone else just enjoy your free food and simple raises. You will not get any mentor or help moving between departments or up in the company... WHY you ask? Great question! The upper management find no value in that. They would rather hire a new person then help train a current one. Or more likely they will just give the job to India. No Joke

4) The last lie they will tell you. We are all a team hear. The Engineering, Sales and Support are all fighting on their own. No teams talk to each other, no teams collaborate. Again why do you ask? Good question! I asked that question in a Ask me Anything meeting and they refused to answer the question. My guess... Is upper management not wanting to answer for flaws or bugs in the product. There is a lot of work to be done here and free food is not the answer.

Advice to Management

I have read a lot of reviews on this site about LR. Some of the top voted post our screaming about management and upward motion. I have a lot of respect for the owners. It is not easy to make a SIEM! It is time to cut the fat. You know who we are all talking about. Why have a VP who is not personable and blocks team unity. Why have another manager that goes to meetings and does nothing. While your at it maybe address the 4 lies I showed above. If you do that, LR might become the best place to work!

"Fabulous company to work for"

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time

Pros

LogRhythm is very good to it's employees, and we have a lot of fun here. Everyone works hard and collaborates as a team for the success of our customers!

Cons

There are no cons to working here!

"Eesh (real review, real former employee of LogRhythm)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Genuinely warm and approachable CEO
    Free food
    A lot of worker bees who truly are trying their best

Cons

Product has some serious challenges and flaws and those are hidden from the customer. Encouraging employees to be disingenuous about the product isn't a recipe for success.
    Some people who are good at their jobs are promoted to management positions. It takes an entirely different set of skills to be a good manager.
    Training is completely inadequate. Laughable.
    Lack of consistency in expectations of employees.

Advice to Management

Weed out the people who aren't qualified to do their jobs. When a company is in start up mode, hiring family and friends to do important jobs flies. At some point, the company needs to grow up and hire people who are actually qualified for their roles. Good people are leaving for a reason.

Jul 21, 2017 – President & CEO

It's unfortunate that you didn't view your experience at LogRhythm more positively. Our product has consistently received awards and recognition over the years for it's overall capabilities and... More

"Great Place and even greater people"

Current Employee - Support Service Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Support Service Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People
    Structure
    Caring
    Gym
    Great Training
    I have only been here a week and know this will be my home for a long time to come

Cons

None yet
    Even under stress the continue care for the employee

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Jul 21, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to have you on board. Feel free to stop by with your ideas and let me know how you're doing.

"Awesome Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Marketing in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing company culture with intelligent, hardworking and fun employees. Everyone who works here is willing to help, regardless of their title. Everyone is dedicated to the company's success and works hard to get the job done. The company values its employees. Flexible work schedules, flexible time off, company happy hours, and free lunch every Friday are just some of the perks. One of the company values is "work hard, live well, have fun"... and you can see that every day at LogRhythm. It is by far the best company I have ever worked for!

Cons

There are no major cons worth noting.

Jul 21, 2017 – President & CEO

It's really great to hear how you're experiencing our core values and culture on a daily basis, particularly around teamwork and folks being willing to roll up their sleeves at all levels.

7. "Very good technology, entrepreneurial spirit"

Pros

LogRhythm's product always has been solid, the pay was good, I got to work remotely and I fortunately had a good boss.

Cons

Being a remote employee can have its cons since a great deal happens at HQ that can be critical to success.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the mission and technology direction, being sure to include all vertical and internal groups as revenue generators.

"Drinkin' that LogRhythm Koolaide"

Former Employee - Technical in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Technical in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time

Pros

Paid health insurance.
    Lots of time off.
    Free bikes to ride at lunchtime.
    Free food. Great if you want to gain weight, Yay.
    "Some" good technical training in meetings.
    Good salaries for some people.
    People on my team were very decent (not including manager)
    Some nice people and a few good managers.
    They got rid of this one support manager who played favorites and had a bad temper.

Cons

They work support people to death. It’s incredible to watch. After the rollout of 7.1, support people were so angry because they had to deal with angry customers all day long.

Work spaces are tiny. The environment can look skanky. A lot of commotion.

Millennial workers, ugh. If you’re a millennial and love beer, dogs, pot, Star Wars, and video games, this is the place for you! But don’t try to have a conversation with them about anything else.

The two founders are not personable, and can even come across as snobs. They ignore most of those who were hired after 2015.

They hire spouses or people who live together and put them in the same department, and I’ve heard HR gets testy when you mention that it causes favouritism. Everyone pretends like there is no problem but behind the scenes, people hate it. Isn't this unethical?? It should be stopped.

Some engineers are arrogant, to say the least.

Middle management is pretty awful. They buy flashy cars and big houses and boast about it.

Salespeople are treated like first class. Turnover is high.

Training group is bad. Mean adminc. Materials are confusing, either go way over your head or are dumbed down. Trainers aren’t very technical. One of the trainers trashes the product a lot. It’s embarrassing. I didn’t feel prepared to do my job after taking the training. Avoid training if you can. You’ll pick up on more by just reading about the product.

Some of the people who work in events planning are beyond rude. They should be fired for being so nasty to employees.

I left because there was no path of growth or promotion for me. Not once did my manager talk to me about my future there. NOT ONCE.

The worst thing though is that LogRhythm tries to build a cult around their product. LogRhythm would have you believe that they are better than their competitors and it just isn’t true.

Advice to Management

Provide a real career path for people instead of focusing mainly on freebies, benefits, and the cult of Logrhythm. Have the founders take a charm school class. Hire managers on the basis of real ability with people. Force managers to talk to employees about career growth or you will continue to lose people.

Jul 21, 2017 – President & CEO

Thanks for your feedback. LogRhythm has a positive culture and work environment that encourages learning, career progression and promotion from within. We have many examples of this over the years... More

"Engineering"

Pros

Amazing work life balance. Tons of fun stuff like free food Friday and chili cook off and health programs. Able to learn and grow while performing job duties.

Cons

Teams are a little disparate but not horribly so. There is so little I could say negativity about LogRhythm!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Treated like a professional, work with professionals, great work / life balance, happy to come to work.

Cons

Salary not exactly commensurate with experience. Lowballed on the way in

Jul 21, 2017 – President & CEO

Good to hear you're happy to come to work. A good measuring stick. Thanks for the feedback.