LogRhythm Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Andy Grolnick

Pros
  • There is fantastic work life balance for those who self practice reasonable hourly restraint (in 12 reviews)

• Company functions are super fun and Tube to Work day was a great success (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% do NOT recommend joining LogRhythm customer care, specifically support (in 4 reviews)

• Not a ton of opportunity or roadmap for career advancement in place then, not sure where things stand today (in 3 reviews)

"Engineering"

Pros

Amazing work life balance. Tons of fun stuff like free food Friday and chili cook off and health programs. Able to learn and grow while performing job duties.

Cons

Teams are a little disparate but not horribly so. There is so little I could say negativity about LogRhythm!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Drinkin' that LogRhythm Koolaide"

Former Employee - Technical in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Technical in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time

Pros

Paid health insurance.
    Lots of time off.
    Free bikes to ride at lunchtime.
    Free food. Great if you want to gain weight, Yay.
    "Some" good technical training in meetings.
    Good salaries for some people.
    People on my team were very decent (not including manager)
    Some nice people and a few good managers.
    They got rid of this one support manager who played favorites and had a bad temper.

Cons

They work support people to death. It’s incredible to watch. After the rollout of 7.1, support people were so angry because they had to deal with angry customers all day long.

Work spaces are tiny. The environment can look skanky. A lot of commotion.

Millennial workers, ugh. If you’re a millennial and love beer, dogs, pot, Star Wars, and video games, this is the place for you! But don’t try to have a conversation with them about anything else.

The two founders are not personable, and can even come across as snobs. They ignore most of those who were hired after 2015.

They hire spouses or people who live together and put them in the same department, and I’ve heard HR gets testy when you mention that it causes favouritism. Everyone pretends like there is no problem but behind the scenes, people hate it. Isn't this unethical?? It should be stopped.

Some engineers are arrogant, to say the least.

Middle management is pretty awful. They buy flashy cars and big houses and boast about it.

Salespeople are treated like first class. Turnover is high.

Training group is bad. Mean adminc. Materials are confusing, either go way over your head or are dumbed down. Trainers aren’t very technical. One of the trainers trashes the product a lot. It’s embarrassing. I didn’t feel prepared to do my job after taking the training. Avoid training if you can. You’ll pick up on more by just reading about the product.

Some of the people who work in events planning are beyond rude. They should be fired for being so nasty to employees.

I left because there was no path of growth or promotion for me. Not once did my manager talk to me about my future there. NOT ONCE.

The worst thing though is that LogRhythm tries to build a cult around their product. LogRhythm would have you believe that they are better than their competitors and it just isn’t true.

Advice to Management

Provide a real career path for people instead of focusing mainly on freebies, benefits, and the cult of Logrhythm. Have the founders take a charm school class. Hire managers on the basis of real ability with people. Force managers to talk to employees about career growth or you will continue to lose people.

"SDR"

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time

Pros

growing company, great work life balance, great people, great product

Cons

none that i can think of to be honest

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Treated like a professional, work with professionals, great work / life balance, happy to come to work.

Cons

Salary not exactly commensurate with experience. Lowballed on the way in

"Love it here"

Current Employee - Support Services Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Support Services Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome atmosphere, the pay is good, good balance of work and life, good coworkers, training allowance, flexible time off, upward mobility in pay and position.

Cons

Training program could use work, cross departmental communication is not always the best

"Awesome though demanding and results oriented place to work"

Pros

Amazing though immensely busy and measurable tangible goals/results all done with the highest of moral and ethical standards are king place to work.

Management at all levels though actually cares about our overall wellbeing, safety, dedicated to maintaining a relaxed/open almost second family feeling culture by hiring for right fit in addition to qualifications, as well as, a solid work life balance.

Easily in the top 3 companies I have worked for in my career to this point!

Cons

Still finding its way with best practices and organization/structure

Advice to Management

Keep refining and improving. Solid company just needs a little tweaking here and there

Dec 29, 2016 – President & CEO

Thanks for the thoughtful and fair feedback. We will continue to grow and mature best practices.

"Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - RSM
    Current Employee - RSM

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product, amazing culture, and despite what a couple of bitter salty people say solid leadership. Yes there is room for improvement, but isn't there always? Sounds like the negative reviewers have never worked anywhere else, maybe first job out of college? This is the real world and guess what there are challenges and not everything is going to be puppy dogs and rainbows despite what your mommy told you while paying your out of state tuition at CU. Grow up!!

Cons

some product issues with inital release of v7 causing hiccups with install base. They have since been ironed out. Pay is a bit low compared to rest of industry. Unrealistic quotas make it very difficult for 80 percent of reps to hit numbers.

Advice to Management

Get pay on par with rest of industry, listen to sales and respond accordingly (we hear directly from customers and prospects), make comp goals achievable for over half of reps not 20%.

Nov 17, 2016 – President & CEO

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback and insight. I also admire the creative approach to lobby for lower quotas:)) In all seriousness, we're always evaluating the right balance around sales quotas ... More

"Good company with great people!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed working at LogRhythm. The company provided me many opportunities to learn and grow professionally. I always really liked and respected the people I worked for and with. There is a roll 'em up mentality because there is a lot of work to get done but they also set realistic expectations. For the most part the company does a good job of recognizing top contributors. The company has a great culture which comes from the top
    down, starting with their amazing CEO who treats everybody with respect and is genuinely enthusiastic about the company and the employees. This guy is the real deal!

Cons

Everyplace has their issues but the good far outweighs the bad in my opinion. Paths to promotion and career advancement could have been better defined but I believe HR is working on that.

On a side note I read someone's review that bashed on the culture and the perks saying it was too much. I am sorry but if you don't like it, don't participate and focus on your work and worry less about what other people are doing. People really love to complain #firstworldproblems.

Nov 17, 2016 – President & CEO

Appreciate the feedback and glad that your experience was positive. As you point out, we are putting a lot of work into better defining career advancement paths. Wish you all the best.

"Don't believe the Hype and there is a lot of it..."

Former Employee - Customer Relations Manager in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Relations Manager in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work around
    Nice office space
    Nice perks

Cons

Management is terrible. They really don't care about employees - well, they care about the favorites, it truly is a cult like culture and you are either in the "in" crowd or you are not. Therefore all those perks they advertise, like WFH, forget it unless you are a management favorite. They don't listen to ideas and many days it feels like high school.

Customer's were constantly complaining about updates and hot fixes not working. That is a fact. It was a daily grind of listening to customer's complain.

Low pay compared to industry.

Advice to Management

Hire grown ups to manage others. Not much to be done about the co founders, though they should step back as they cause more headaches than needed to grow the company.

Dec 29, 2016 – President & CEO

Readers of this review should understand that we haven't had a Customer Relationship Manager leave the company in over 2 years and they will see a strong majority of reviews on this site counter to ... More

"Enterprise Sales Engineer"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Passionate about they do best! Care about their employees quality of life. Unrelenting in raising the bar for their industry. Strong support from your fellow SEs. Some of the best folks I've met to date. Some very talented engineers that have the ability and patience to explain difficult topics and disseminate information accordingly.
    Last point, not sure if this is a Pro or Con for the reader? To the folks that rant about bad experiences or managers... I can't speak to that directly. My experience was rewarding, enriching and empowering. Granted I might have been around long enough to make all the necessary inroads to always know who to contact. Make no mistake LogRhythm is a growing market leader. Some bad seeds will get hired, promoted, etc... Your experience is what you make it. If you cannot find someone to help you then probably aren't talking to the right person. Don't let the free food or free beer fool you. This is not an easy job, not a easy industry and the job market is competitive. Do your homework! Live Log and Prosper!!

Cons

Drink their own Kool-Aid too much (a result of being passionate). The powers that be can make decisions from time to time that really don't take the customer experience in consideration. They can also lean towards arrogance, but again I feel that's the side effect of burning passion to be the market leader! Like many other software companies they have bugs, it when they release the version too soon that will leave you scratching your head and dancing in front of your customer until the hot fix.

Advice to Management

Stay laser focused as you are and be humble. Gartner reports might allow you to carry a big stick but doesn't mean you have to flaunt it. Don't focus so much on rewards from critics rather focus on happy customer reviews. Bake the product more before releasing to the masses. I cannot tell you how many discussions I had with current customers about the fox that is coming, the fix is coming, the fix breaks this but the Next Fix will be.... Argh. Couple that with Support fiasco you didn't give us much to stand on after essentially telling us we had to get all customers on 7. Obviously not everyone felt this pain in the SE but the West was not won with Unstable product.
    Best of luck everyone. I'm rooting for a fantastic 2016 from you!

Nov 18, 2016 – President & CEO

Thanks for the feedback and your contributions over the years. Our current software has been very well-received by customers and has proven to be both stable and highly scalable. Our new version ... More