LogRhythm Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Andy Grolnick

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work-Life balance is great, everyone works hard but it's a play hard atmosphere also" (in 15 reviews)

• "Employees are looked after, Free Food Wednesday, Monday morning breakfasts and monthly massages along with numerous other benefits" (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "100% do NOT recommend joining LogRhythm customer care, specifically support" (in 4 reviews)

• "There are no cons to working here" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Sales Ops"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, great culture.

Cons

Hours can be long but worth it.

"Still a fan, 3+ years in"

Current Employee - Marketing in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time

Pros

Incredibly friendly and approachable CEO
    Committed management team that is in house and active / hands on
    No matter your position or tenure, there is something new to learn here every day you show up.
    No longer boot strapping it like a start up, we're face to face with established competitors and taking an aggressive approach.

Cons

Definitely a large company at this point, and that has led to different teams walking their own path. Not always easy - or quick - to align the different departments to ensure everyone is together on larger initiatives.

Advice to Management

Simplify our annual objectives -- putting forward 15+ objectives enables each team to pick and choose what they want to work on. That seems to lead to issues with alignment and prioritization, which leaves us blind to future issues/frustrations.

"Sales"

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time

Pros

Innovation, culture, growth, care for employees and customers.

Cons

Not always sure leadership are getting the full picture.

Advice to Management

Solicit no BS feedback loop with customers and employees.

"The Company Behind the Curtain Isn't as Glamorous"

Current Employee - Manager in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Many great people as coworkers
    - Living in a great place
    - Good work/life balance

Cons

- A lot of snakeoil peddling
    - Clueless product direction only looking at the heels of their competitors
    - Innovation means new ways of doing what other companies are doing
    - Over reliance on what Gartner says
    - Little vision beyond "make more money"
    - Let poor performers drag company down

Advice to Management

Stop watching Splunk or Exabeam for inspiration. Stop worrying about IPO possibilities. Go back to our roots, fix all the lingering techdebt without looking for shiny bells and whistles. The company is struggling and the future looks bleak.

5. "Regional Sales Manager"

I worked at LogRhythm full-time

Pros

Great culture, fantastic manager. Processes are solid and work is clearly defined. Good opportunities.

Cons

Very competitive marketplace. My manager was great, but some of the others are extremely difficult and micromanage-y.

Advice to Management

More numbers, more spreadsheets and more time spent in SFDC doesn't make people better at selling. Help people sell by removing roadblocks, not by putting more in place.

"SDR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

a lot of fun great team environment, great people

Cons

Lack of transparency with upper management

"Support Engineer"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO, Free Food Friday and a casual work environment.

Cons

1.) Under paid for the industry
    2.) Micromanagement within the customer success department
    3.) Not enough employees to handle current case load.
    4.) Employee's are resigning after a year or less, as there is too much competition to move up the ranks or into a different department.

Advice to Management

Hire people who actually have managerial experience. Not technicians! Keep these individuals in their current roles to keep up with the work load. We need all the help we can get! Not a handful of managers.

"Sometimes Painful"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cutting edge security startup company always listening to customers to come up with a great product. Marketing makes a lot of effort to collect fees back and get that info to engineering to creat the best SIEM platform.

Cons

Some basic issues on handling customer requests regarding support, sales, training, etc.. go unaddressed for years. Unhappy customers make an unsuccessful company. More focus made on telling customers rules to follow rather than solutions that make for an easier experience.

Advice to Management

Focus on the customer experience from start to finish. Lots if coordination around the product without any focus on how to use it. Just day to day use can be painful and usually the only option is contacting support directly. Getting free resources on how to use most features usually is something you have to pay for and/or are required to schedule a class to obtain. There is plenty of work put into instructions on making me understand the concept, but nothing about a plan on what it takes to stand it up and use it on a daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.

9. "Sales Executive"

I worked at LogRhythm full-time

Pros

Positive and professional executive team, amazing culture, willing to adapt and change based off internal needs, as well as client recommendations.

Cons

Minimal - rapid growth at times. Training for new employees could improve and be more hands on.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Over 5 years at LogRhythm The Good, Bad and Ugly (Real Review)"

Former Employee - Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Engineer in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company was great to work for the the beginning! I learned a lot and had a fun time. Work was hard and long but felt like I was making a difference.

When the company was all in one building and no India, team collaboration was high. When we moved we lost a lot of that.

They spend a lot of money on parties, free food, beer, dog days, kid days. All where great! A big thank you for these :)

Building a SIEM is not easy and a lot of companies slow down. LR keeps pushing to try and build out this space. They hire very smart people.

They value innovation!

Cons

Where do I start here......

1) Flex Time - What a joke! They tell you can take as much or as little time off as you want but they track it. If you try to go over 3 weeks they do not allow you. Its just a cleaver way of not paying you PTO when you leave.

2) They are going public soon! Yea have been hearing that for many years! I call it virtual handcuffs. You need to stay to get vested. They will keep giving you stock options to keep you around. Then when you do leave and you buy your options, don't expect emails telling you anything. After investing a lot of money it would be nice to get an email every quarter or year.

3) Upward motion in the company. Yea that is another joke! If you are the 1% or top programmer they will treat you like a GOD. If you have management skill they will promote you and not pay you more. If you are everyone else just enjoy your free food and simple raises. You will not get any mentor or help moving between departments or up in the company... WHY you ask? Great question! The upper management find no value in that. They would rather hire a new person then help train a current one. Or more likely they will just give the job to India. No Joke

4) The last lie they will tell you. We are all a team hear. The Engineering, Sales and Support are all fighting on their own. No teams talk to each other, no teams collaborate. Again why do you ask? Good question! I asked that question in a Ask me Anything meeting and they refused to answer the question. My guess... Is upper management not wanting to answer for flaws or bugs in the product. There is a lot of work to be done here and free food is not the answer.

Advice to Management

I have read a lot of reviews on this site about LR. Some of the top voted post our screaming about management and upward motion. I have a lot of respect for the owners. It is not easy to make a SIEM! It is time to cut the fat. You know who we are all talking about. Why have a VP who is not personable and blocks team unity. Why have another manager that goes to meetings and does nothing. While your at it maybe address the 4 lies I showed above. If you do that, LR might become the best place to work!