Logic Information Systems Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Logic Information Systems CEO and Co-Founder Bill Szlaius
Bill Szlaius

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You will get opportunities to learn other retail modules (in 7 reviews)

• Managers are highly experienced in the Oracle Retail Implementation field so you are learning from the best of the best in the industry (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • People there go from consultants to partners without having to following the career path because they are friends of the upper management (in 3 reviews)

• Bangalore office location can be at some good place, Where connectivity is not an issue (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great place to work with personal touch"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can walk up to CEO and share your ideas anytime. They provide best services which you would want to be part of for clients.

Cons

The HR structure and pay are some opportunities which Logic could work on.

Advice to Management

Having such deep expertise, they should also think about product versus always being focused on services

Nov 27, 2017 – Director of Talent Management

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. If you have concerns about the HR structure or compensation, we encourage to discuss this your manager or practice leadership. If these avenues do not... More

2. "Consulting company mostly data wareshouses and BI for retail industry"

Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Logic Information Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Flexible working hours.
    - Helpful co workers

Cons

- The company doesnot provide compititive salary

Advice to Management

Not any

Logic Information Systems Response

Mar 21, 2017 – Talent Management Representative (US)

Thank you for providing feedback. Regarding compensation, I hope you were able to address your concerns with your performance leader or managing director while you were at Logic.

3. "Lack of Communication from the Executive Team"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers are like family - very supportive of each other, Salary is competitive, Benefits are standard, PTO is good and if you communicate in advance that you want to take more time off than you have, they will work with you.

Cons

raises, bonuses, 401k are minimal, no training, no communication from the executive team, remote employees feel "out of the loop", well know amongst consultants that the home office plays favorites when placing consultants on projects.

Advice to Management

Communicate!! find a way to fairly place consultants on projects, rather than play "favorites". INVEST in your consultants. Loyalty goes a long way and I don't see any loyalty here. Invest in a true salesteam!

Logic Information Systems Response

Feb 8, 2017 – Talent Management Representative (US)

From Amber Naqvi, President of Logic Information Systems:
    We are committed to creating a transparent and collaborative environment where employees are welcome to discuss their frustrations and... More

4. "Amazing Culture! Progressive Company!"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

Pros

Since starting at Logic I have been most impressed with the communication and spectacular leadership from the Management Team. Rarely does a company put so much focus on the well-being and happiness of their employees. Logic truly gets it. It is well understood that without employee satisfaction and positive moral there is no company success. The methodology used at Logic to approach service it's clients is both logical and thorough, making it easy for consultants and P.Ms. to hit the ground running on new projects.

Cons

Could do a better job at clearly communicating employee career paths.

Sep 23, 2015 – Talent Management Representative

We appreciate you letting us know what Logic is doing right! We are thrilled that you are finding your employee experience to be so rewarding. We really take into consideration what opportunities... More

"No promotions or raises"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Used to be a good company until upper management started promoting their friends with no education.

Cons

I worked for Logic for 6+ years and received very small raises and no promotions. People there go from consultants to partners without having to following the career path because they are friends of the upper management. If you are part of the "favorites" group you will go far. Training not very good either.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the employees that are making the money for you that are working hard and not out socializing.

Nov 14, 2015 – Talent Management Representative

Sorry to hear you were unable to achieve your career goals while at Logic. Executives at Logic have an open door policy and I wish you had shared your frustrations while you were still an employee... More

"More than just a place to work, a place to feel welcomed!"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Bloomington, MN

Pros

Solid foundation and set of processes in place make it very easy to contribute but also allows for individual skill to be showcased

Cons

Communication is sometimes slow and slows down other processes

Advice to Management

Continue to increase training opportunities to improve our offerings

Jun 4, 2015 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our goal is to make every employee feel valued. We continue to look at new ways to improve our communication as we face the exciting challenges of a being a... More

"Business Consultant"

Current Employee - Business Consultant
    Current Employee - Business Consultant

Pros

-A global company that feels like a small company but growing!
    -The people that work here are the greatest asset - culture is very inviting
    -Very supportive environment in which to learn and grow
    -Hard work and delivering customer service are definitely recognized
    -Impressed with the structure and organization of everything

Cons

Nothing comes to my mind

Jun 4, 2015 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Wow, thank you for taking the time to share with us your experiences here at Logic. We will continue to strive to make this a place you feel proud to be a part of!

"Constructive, Structured and Prolific. Simply a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Executive Team
    Great work ethic and culture
    Pragmatic training programs

Cons

With respect to my tenure, I have not been able to point out anything specific.

Advice to Management

The pace at which Logic is growing, Please continue to foster it's DNA of being a people's place to work!

Jun 4, 2015 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts with us. Our Executive Leaders realize the importance of growing our talent organically and you are a perfect example of that initiative. We... More

"Management needs to treat people better"

Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have nice work parties

Cons

Management doesn't treat people very well. Long hours, low per diems, work hard and only friends of the upper management ever get promoted. Poor training department.

Advice to Management

Send your managers somewhere to teach them how to respect employees. I am looking for another job due to poor treatment from this company. Don't just pick your friends for promotions. Look at how hard people work and the long hours they put in.

Jul 30, 2015 – Talent Management Representative

From: Amber Naqvi, President of Logic Information Systems
    Ouch- that one hurts to read – I do hope you have expressed these concerns internally as I haven’t heard of these issues. I strive to run... More

"great place to work"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership is very transparent with upcoming projects, and details on current projects. When between clients, or on the bench, there are usually fun and interesting projects to work on, whether learning opportunities, playing around with new software, etc. You'll never be bored.

Cons

401K: Up to 3% 401k company match is based on company performance, and is done as a lump sum after year-end. Logic would be doing themselves and employees a much better service by tying company performance to bonuses instead of retirement benefits.

Jun 5, 2015 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

We are so happy to hear that you are experiencing some of the values that Logic strives to uphold. We appreciate you addressing your concerns in regards to the 401k company match. Outside of the... More