Logic Information Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Logic Information Systems Reviews

Updated November 8, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You will get opportunities to learn other retail modules (in 7 reviews)

• Managers are highly experienced in the Oracle Retail Implementation field so you are learning from the best of the best in the industry (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • People there go from consultants to partners without having to following the career path because they are friends of the upper management (in 3 reviews)

• Bangalore office location can be at some good place, Where connectivity is not an issue (in 2 reviews)

1. "Logic is a fine place to learn and grow, professionally and individually."

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined Logic as a fresher. I have been here for over year now.
    In my opinion, Logic is a great platform to start and build your career. They are focused on Oracle Retail products and direct their resources well to build expertise in their domain.
    In this time, I have found opportunities to learn and grow, professionally and as a person. They train the resources both technically with latest technologies and functionally with best industry practices.
    With focus on retail domain, one can find chances here to explore different ways to approach and manage businesses; all what goes behind the scenes from one biggest retailers all over the world. Over time, one can build expertise in retail domain and oracle products.
    It offers flexibility to try new things and push your limits, work out of your comfort zone. Thus you learn.
    People here are jolly and supportive. If you love brainstorming ideas and rigorous discussions, then Logic is the place.

Cons

Logic purely focuses on Oracle Retail products. If you wish to build knowledge on alternate domains, you can take from experiences here and correlate them. It is not much of a con. Logic is expanding its focus from Oracle products, initiating in house additions to existing products to serve the industry needs better.

Advice to Management

In time, I would want to see Logic building monopoly on Oracle Retail products. We can surely do this, with experience and expertise on hand. Initiating in house additions to serve industry requirements.
    Further, with things in place, venture unexplored domains, Oracle products cater.

Nov 22, 2016 – Manager - Talent Acquisition

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your role. We are sharing your feedback with our Logic India Executive Leadership. Thank you for taking the time to share your thought.

2. "Extended work family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I moved to this jobs with a lot of apprehensions in my mind. However once I was here, I quickly became part of the Logic family. The work atmosphere is very friendly. All the seniors in the organization are very approachable and you can get queries and issues addressed easily.

Work wise, it is a sincere team of people which works hard. No office politics here stemming from protecting turfs or vested interests. Everyone will speak their mind and get over with it.
    Logic is not a very big organization so everyone knows everyone else.

Everyday, I look forward to coming to the office as it gives me a chance to interact with people with varied experiences and backgrounds.

Cons

The organization has already started initiatives towards becoming a more process oriented organization so I will not really call it a con but a work in progress.

Advice to Management

None at this point of time.

Oct 4, 2016 – Manager - Talent Acquisition

3. "Great Company to Kick Start your Carrer"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Logic Information Systems (More than a year)

Pros

Great start for a fresher who wants to make career in Oracle Retail.
    Very Good pay hike .
    Very good in terms of knowledge transfer from peers, leads and even managers.

Cons

Range of opportunities are limited.
    Lot of Politics at manager level ( And they are even so dumb, that can't even hide it from down the ladder).

Advice to Management

Take the new office ASAP, we are loosing patience now.
    As i believe a teams performance and growth depends upon the person who is leading them ;make sure that people who are given promotions deserve it, not just by favoritism

Jul 25, 2016 – Manager - Talent Acquisition

"I have been working as Associate Consultant."

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

Pros

-Excellent learning opportunities.
    -Encouraging environment.
    -Growth is good.

Cons

- Difficult to maintain proper work life balance as utilization is very high.

May 3, 2016 – Manager - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for growing with Logic! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We value your input. We will be sharing your feedback with our Executive Leadership.

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - I Am Working As ORPOS Consultant in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - I Am Working As ORPOS Consultant in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Excellent Growth Opportunity
    -Less Political environment
    -Rewarding and encouraging environment
    -Exponential learning and Onsite opportunity
    -Excellent management structure

Cons

-Work life balance is little bad here being a smaller organization employee utilization is very high .

Feb 19, 2016 – Manager - Talent Acquisition

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your role. We are sharing your feedback with our Logic India Executive Leadership. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

"India office - Best avoided"

I worked at Logic Information Systems full-time

Pros

One year after I quit, am yet to find a single good reason to have joined this company in India. If someone else finds some pros, please let me know!

Cons

The management is thoroughly unprofessional and the company is run according to the whims and fancies of senior management. They have no concern for employees.

Advice to Management

The best course of action given the circumstances is to shut shop, or run the organization professionally by brining in outside management. Given the latter is not going to happen, consider the former option.

Mar 22, 2016 – Manager - Talent Acquisition

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time while working at our Logic India office. Your feedback has been sent to our Executive Leaders for their review. Best of luck to you in your future... More

7. "Good company"

Current Employee - Associate in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Associate in Bengaluru (India)

Pros

Good hikes,work culture,exposure,benefits,perks,compensation ,work life balance

Cons

none,nothing much,can be more flexible

Advice to Management

none

Feb 15, 2016 – Manager - Talent Acquisition

8. "The best company I worked in my career"

Current Employee - Oracle Retail Consultant
    Current Employee - Oracle Retail Consultant

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work at Logic in Brazil and reading the reviews I am utterly convinced that the CEO's mindset is disseminated worldwide. Logic knows how to keep its employees motivated and clearly adopts a "win-win" culture, at the end of the day you rest your head on the pillow knowing that you worked a lot but it worth.

The company provides everything you need to do a good job, you work on demand, on your own pace (since you can manage it) and depending on your position you can work at home most part of the time, if not, probably you will be traveling a lot (if it doesn't fit for you, let the others aware of it in advance because you really need to travel). Overall, you can balance quality of life and work.

Logic has less burocracy when compared to other companies. You can easily have straight conversations with your managers without worries.

Regardless the lack of an induction process (at least at the place where I work), the company invests in trainning and specific knowledges of your interest.

The company is located in top notch neighborhoods in every city I went to, thus, you have a nice neighborhood to settle down if you are moving or traveling frequently.

It is definitely a good place to work, to improve your career and meet nice people!

I disagree with past opinions saying you have to be friend of your manager in order to get a raise. In general, if you do a good job you will get it, the problems are the politics, which happen in the same scale of other companies.

Cons

Doing business internationally is complicated, so, this is a perspective from a spot, not a worldwide overview:

- Most of the managers were IT focused professionals who were promoted to a people management focused position without specific training, this is a problem because often we can see awesome architects in a "wrong" place trying to manage a team.

- Sometimes a transition between projects (working with different managers) doesn't happen smoothly. Specially if you are good, your boss will try to hold you with him, even if your choice is to learn something new and work with different people. Be aware if you want to face something new and get out of your comfort zone, otherwise you can get "stuck" to the same project. Again, that depend on the culture and a lot of extras are envolved but I could see this problem often at Logic when compared to past experiences.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great job! This "win-win" mindset and making your employees feeling like a partner instead of a regular employee are the best choices in order to deliver an outstanding job (as you're delivering) and keep everybody motivated. It is not easy to manage a company worldwide but focus on maintaining the structure and promoting the right people, those ones who run the business. The small sized company feeling makes Logic unique!

Americans and Indians in general know how to do business, make a company profitable and the most important one: changing people's life! Don't lose it!

Feb 4, 2016 – Manager - Talent Acquisition

"Best Company to Work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture is first and foremost at Logic, which could be the biggest reason to join the organization. Senior leadership does everything they can to make every employee happy and come to work excited. They are also HIGHLY visible every single day, including the CEO. Offices are open floor plans, so no corner offices for the senior leadership. They sit all over the building and amongst all of the different teams in their departments. Managers are highly experienced in the Oracle Retail Implementation field so you are learning from the best of the best in the industry.

Entry-level jobs are filled on personality and fit, which makes your coworkers unique and inspiring. Logic’s Training and Development team can (and will) teach you what you need to know to perform the job at the company, but you have to bring personality and drive every day to be great at it.

Logic bombards you with perks and swag, are always looking to improve employee benefits, and just takes unbelievable care of their own in general. Promotions are everywhere, so the opportunities are endless. Logic provides you the onsite opportunity if you are fit to perform so.
    Work wise, Hike wise, Environment wise I am totally satisfied and more than happy to be an employee of Logic Information System.

All the Joiners are welcome to a company that you will consider it as a family once steps in.

Cons

Bangalore office location can be at some good place, Where connectivity is not an issue.

Advice to Management

1)Health Insurance should include parents also for bachelors.
    2)Bangalore Office location can be at some good place.
    3)Can expand the services by developing own retail software products.

Jan 10, 2016 – Manager - Talent Acquisition

"I'm loving it :-)"

Current Employee - Karnataka in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Karnataka in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This workplace provides you a great opportunity to learn and share your knowledge for those who are focused in Oracle Retail. Team members are very co-operative and energetic. You will get opportunities to learn other retail modules.

Cons

It would be great if they improve office amenities in Bangalore facility.

Advice to Management

Expecting flexibility in Leave Policies. For example, leaves for the year can be credited in employee's account in the beginning of the year itself. This will help both parties.

Jan 7, 2016 – Manager - Talent Acquisition