Logic Information Systems "oracle retail" Reviews | Glassdoor

Logic Information Systems Employee Reviews about "oracle retail"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Logic is a fine place to learn and grow, professionally and individually."

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined Logic as a fresher. I have been here for over year now.
    In my opinion, Logic is a great platform to start and build your career. They are focused on Oracle Retail products and direct their resources well to build expertise in their domain.
    In this time, I have found opportunities to learn and grow, professionally and as a person. They train the resources both technically with latest technologies and functionally with best industry practices.
    With focus on retail domain, one can find chances here to explore different ways to approach and manage businesses; all what goes behind the scenes from one biggest retailers all over the world. Over time, one can build expertise in retail domain and oracle products.
    It offers flexibility to try new things and push your limits, work out of your comfort zone. Thus you learn.
    People here are jolly and supportive. If you love brainstorming ideas and rigorous discussions, then Logic is the place.

Cons

Logic purely focuses on Oracle Retail products. If you wish to build knowledge on alternate domains, you can take from experiences here and correlate them. It is not much of a con. Logic is expanding its focus from Oracle products, initiating in house additions to existing products to serve the industry needs better.

Advice to Management

In time, I would want to see Logic building monopoly on Oracle Retail products. We can surely do this, with experience and expertise on hand. Initiating in house additions to serve industry requirements.
    Further, with things in place, venture unexplored domains, Oracle products cater.

Nov 22, 2016 – Manager - Talent Acquisition

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your role. We are sharing your feedback with our Logic India Executive Leadership. Thank you for taking the time to share your thought.

2. "Great Company to Kick Start your Carrer"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Logic Information Systems (More than a year)

Pros

Great start for a fresher who wants to make career in Oracle Retail.
    Very Good pay hike .
    Very good in terms of knowledge transfer from peers, leads and even managers.

Cons

Range of opportunities are limited.
    Lot of Politics at manager level ( And they are even so dumb, that can't even hide it from down the ladder).

Advice to Management

Take the new office ASAP, we are loosing patience now.
    As i believe a teams performance and growth depends upon the person who is leading them ;make sure that people who are given promotions deserve it, not just by favoritism

Jul 25, 2016 – Manager - Talent Acquisition

"Best Company to Work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture is first and foremost at Logic, which could be the biggest reason to join the organization. Senior leadership does everything they can to make every employee happy and come to work excited. They are also HIGHLY visible every single day, including the CEO. Offices are open floor plans, so no corner offices for the senior leadership. They sit all over the building and amongst all of the different teams in their departments. Managers are highly experienced in the Oracle Retail Implementation field so you are learning from the best of the best in the industry.

Entry-level jobs are filled on personality and fit, which makes your coworkers unique and inspiring. Logic’s Training and Development team can (and will) teach you what you need to know to perform the job at the company, but you have to bring personality and drive every day to be great at it.

Logic bombards you with perks and swag, are always looking to improve employee benefits, and just takes unbelievable care of their own in general. Promotions are everywhere, so the opportunities are endless. Logic provides you the onsite opportunity if you are fit to perform so.
    Work wise, Hike wise, Environment wise I am totally satisfied and more than happy to be an employee of Logic Information System.

All the Joiners are welcome to a company that you will consider it as a family once steps in.

Cons

Bangalore office location can be at some good place, Where connectivity is not an issue.

Advice to Management

1)Health Insurance should include parents also for bachelors.
    2)Bangalore Office location can be at some good place.
    3)Can expand the services by developing own retail software products.

Jan 10, 2016 – Manager - Talent Acquisition

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your role. We are sharing your feedback with our Logic India Executive Leadership. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

4. "I'm loving it :-)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This workplace provides you a great opportunity to learn and share your knowledge for those who are focused in Oracle Retail. Team members are very co-operative and energetic. You will get new challenges to work with and nice opportunities to learn other retail modules.

Cons

It would be great if they improve office amenities in Bangalore facility.

"I'm loving it :-)"

Current Employee - Karnataka in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Karnataka in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This workplace provides you a great opportunity to learn and share your knowledge for those who are focused in Oracle Retail. Team members are very co-operative and energetic. You will get opportunities to learn other retail modules.

Cons

It would be great if they improve office amenities in Bangalore facility.

Advice to Management

Expecting flexibility in Leave Policies. For example, leaves for the year can be credited in employee's account in the beginning of the year itself. This will help both parties.

Jan 7, 2016 – Manager - Talent Acquisition

"Great place to work in."

Current Employee - Manager - Talent Acquisition in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Manager - Talent Acquisition in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being a Consulting company there is tremendous opportunity for every employee to showcase their talent. Personally, I have had a lot of new learning in the Process followed at Logic. Hiring for the Retail domain has been challenging, exciting and rewarding. Opportunity for freshers and lateral hires are more or less balanced. A great place to work in for anyone who is very focused in Oracle Retail.

Cons

With the number of employee count on the rise, a new office facility for Bangalore would be an advantage.

Advice to Management

Expanding into an additional domain can help in creating a balance in the long run.

Logic Information Systems Response

Dec 17, 2015 – Talent Management Representative (US)

We are so fortunate to have you join our global team. We look forward to continuing to grow Logic together!

"Good Learning"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Pros

Experienced professionals in niche Oracle Retail space
    Flexibility and autonomy granted as long as you get your work done
    Good learning opportunities so far
    Friendly coworkers

Cons

Benefits (e.g. retirement, tuition reimbursement) weren't as gracious as I was used to but that's to be expected coming from a larger corporate environment to a relatively smaller company. I have noticed they are more efficient with resources which is refreshing.

Advice to Management

Recognize new talent and be careful of those that are just playing politics

Jun 4, 2015 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your role and training opportunities here at Logic. Thank you for your constructive feedback. As Logic continues to grow we will continue to look at ways... More

"Great culture!"

Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Logic Information Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fair and just
    Great leadership
    #1 - what's best for the consultants
    #2 - what's best for the clients

Logic gets things done on time with quality

Cons

There can be a lot of adjustment periods specially every time you roll to a new client, but this is the nature of consulting. Just need to learn and master stepping out of your comfort zone.

Agree to one of the reviews that few mid management does not know how to run a project. However this is not too bad as what was pictured. Logic has the best/ most world class Oracle Retail consultants in the world that compensates this drawback

Advice to Management

Avoid selling the project short at the expense of consultants - meaning put the right amount of resources and budget to avoid lots of stress and burn out to the project team and people - specially to the technical team who wears many hats

Jun 4, 2015 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

First of all, thank you for your contributions over the past 5+ years. As a seasoned Logic employee your feedback is so important. As Logic continues to grow we may experience occasional pains... More

"DO NOT join this company. This company deserves a ZERO star..."

Former Contractor - Senior Implementation Consultant in Inver Grove Heights, MN
    Former Contractor - Senior Implementation Consultant in Inver Grove Heights, MN

I worked at Logic Information Systems as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Somehow they get Oracle retail projects by claiming that they would do the implementation faster.

Cons

1. Middle Management has no idea on how to run Projects
    2. Senior Management does not know what is happening in Project
    3. Employees are treated like slaves by Middle Management

Advice to Management

1. Stop Micro-Management. Your employees are smarter and more responsible than you
    2. Listen to employees - Start listening. You will need to be coached on that
    3. Treat everybody equal (irrespective of Gender, race, country or new-comer or long-timer)
    4. Communicate to your team at right time the right information