Logicworks Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Logicworks CEO Kenneth Ziegler
Kenneth Ziegler

1. "Lives up to the expectations!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Logicworks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Logicworks is a place that appreciates feedback and encourages projects ownership and innovation. This is not a place that is afraid of change. My colleagues are some of the brightest, wittiest and hardest working people I've ever worked with. The leadership is smart and open to new ideas and feedback. There is not a ton of middle management which is lends to how in tune with the business the leaders are.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. I would probably say, if you're considering applying here, make sure you're the kind of person who wants to get their hands dirty. The "that's not my job" mentality will not play well here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Family is what it's about and Logicworks is family"

Current Employee - Data Center Engineer
    Current Employee - Data Center Engineer

I have been working at Logicworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I will say that over the years I've had some really painstaking jobs that now I come to realize that I am truly blessed to have this opportunity. There is nothing more than knowing that everyday is exciting and filled with lots of great support. Whether you are a seasoned vet looking to develop skills or a beginner looking to acquire new skills necessary to grow. This is where you want to be. The potential is unlimited as management creates a culture of family, work life balance which creates a bond that is so tight, you will go above creativity and find new ideas that come naturally. Logicworks is a small private organization, so really you are your own boss as you are able to maximize your knowledge and assist the company's objectives in a way that you could never imagine. Overall, I am well satisfied and everything I could ever dream of is here for me to utilize and grow.

Cons

There is really nothing bad I could say. Although I work here currently it's really up to the individual relationships and experiences you build and how you feel. Personally I feel that I have the opportunity and its what I choose to do with it. Other than that there is nothing to complain about.

Advice to Management

Only thing I could say is keep up the good work. Keep it simple and build on the things that have been working for over 20 years.

"Awesome place. Good talented People."

Former Employee - NOC Engineer in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - NOC Engineer in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Logicworks (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked previously with Logicworks its a great company. People are very professional and talented.
    All senior engineers are very cooperative and fun to work with. Great place to work.
    These company will hires you if you have good talents, experience and have good fundamental IT knowledge.

Cons

Nothing I can think about

"Great Training Ground"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Logicworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the people are great and management is smart. the tech stack is decent and the level of responsibility and knowledge you gain by doing is sick. you are working with different clients on a variety of systems so you never aren't busy - though some of the work is repetitive.

Cons

salaries are pretty low for the industry and hours can be long. you need to know what you are worth and want and ask for before applying - I wasn't ready to talk about compensation on my first interview so ended up lowballing myself. the company isn't growing super fast so opportunities to get into management are few and far between.

Advice to Management

make sure your current employees are getting paid what they are worth or more people will find better paying jobs

"Awesome place, cool people"

Current Employee - NOC Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - NOC Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

Lots of tech people, all together in one place. Culture is great.

Cons

can we get some vents in restrooms??

Advice to Management

Install vents in restrooms.

Logicworks Response

Jun 12, 2015 – Recruitment

We completely agree. Highly recommend going to the 4th floor and using code 421 for Men's and 432 for Women's.

"Do the plusses outweigh the minuses? Possibly..."

I worked at Logicworks full-time

Pros

Logicworks provided excellent exposure to new technologies, offered access to a unique and diverse customer base and appeared to have a solid business model. This was a great opportunity to see IT infrastructure implemented at a scale most engineers would never encounter. During my tenure, I was proud to have an impact on highly-visible systems and felt a sense of accomplishment knowing that Logicworks was a trusted business partner to important clients.

My coworkers were some of the most loyal and hardworking people I'd ever seen in an organization. This was true to a fault, in that most employees were not aware of their (tremendous) value on the open market. But *every* employee in my group went above and beyond in their efforts to support the company and customer base. Most staff had been with the firm for a long time and grew up within the organization.

Leadership in the C-suite was inspirational and the clear selling point for me the join the firm. The marketing and sales teams worked miracles, despite having constrained engineering resources to execute them.

Day-to-day and in-office culture was friendly; almost family-like. The staff generally worked well together, with some notable exceptions. There was minimal political maneuvering within the general employee ranks.

Cons

The issues with Logicworks stem from an abundance of tribal knowledge and poor management and employee-development practices.

Having such talented engineers and support staff breaks down when those staff are not following industry best-practices. There was an uncanny resistance to exploring larger industry trends and processes; with management opting to do things the way they've "always been done". I sensed tremendous mistrust of newer employees hired from the outside. Culture starts at the top, and this reluctance at the management layer impacted the client base, hurt system stability and consequently, the firm's reputation. I'd liken the rate of change and adoption of ideas to that of a large corporation; unreasonably conservative for a firm this small.

The hardest-working people were stretched thin and often burnt-out. Some of this was a matter of working hard, but not "working smart". Working smarter was feasible, but was hampered by a collective myopic view of information technology. There's a fair amount of "knowledge hoarding", with key information often residing with a single engineer who was always in the critical path of projects. Management was hands-off here and did little to address knowledge and communication barriers. Despite these faults, the sales and the client management teams picked up the pieces. The customers were surprisingly accepting of this.

My HR and management interactions were stressful and fraught with disappointment. From initial onboarding, to compensation, to handling expenses/taxes/benefits, reviews, company policy and even separation, the level of professionalism was far below what I've experienced in other positions. The management encounters were just plain contentious.

Advice to Management

Strive to fix broken processes - Encourage better communication. Address toxic relationships! Every company has issues, but recognizing them is the first step in improving the workplace.

Support your employees - They are your greatest resource. Don't discount their feedback and concerns because the level of talent of the Logicworks staff is high enough that they *do* have other industry options.

8. "Awesome company to work for! Highly recommend Logicworks"

I have been working at Logicworks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice Environment to work and great staff. Great place to learn. Constantly exposed to new technologies

Cons

nothing bad comes to mind. Logicworks is a great company.

9. "Very satisfied, in it for the long haul!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Logicworks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Logicworks is by far the best organization I have worked for. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and you get to work with amazing talent! Work-life balance is great and the leadership team is always listening and acting on feedback. Logicworks is a "people first" company and this applies to both the employees and clients.

Cons

Would like to see options to invest into the company, or be provided stock/options as part of benefits package.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing a fantastic job, please keep it up!

10. "Best place to work ever"

I have been working at Logicworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So much exposure to everything, the management team are amazing, and the people are beyond compare.

Cons

Compensation is about on a level with most places, but who wouldn't like more money?

11. "Great Atmosphere"

I have been working at Logicworks full-time

Pros

I. Great place to learn and advance your career
    II. Very competent engineers who know their stuff and work hard
    III. Growing company that places employee morale as a priority
    IV. Opportunity for advancement

Cons

I think the company does a great job of balancing work and real-life. As the company continues to grow, I think it will be important to have company gatherings to instill a sense of motivation and also to serve as a means for everyone to get together and get to know one another a little better.

Advice to Management

The company seems to be headed in the right direction. I think it's important to focus on the morale of the employees in order to keep everyone motivated and focused on the big picture.

Logicworks Response

Sep 19, 2014 – Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback, and I hope you enjoyed our company gathering this past Tuesday. As a company, we get together each quarter to discuss where Logicworks is and where we're growing. You are ... More