Logistic Services International Reviews

Updated Jan 8, 2021

3.4
Logistic Services International CEO Michael French (no image)
Michael French
Pros
  • "ESOP - Owner Operator laid back work enviroment(in 8 reviews)

• "Stress free work environment and easy to grasp systems and work flow(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "I haven't experienced any downsides to working for LSI(in 5 reviews)

• "Contract work and it comes to an end at some point(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - SME in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Logistic Services International full-time

Pros

Great Leaders, Great pay and great benefits

Cons

No Cons working for this Company

2. "I enjoyed my work at LSI"

4.0
    Former Employee - Network Technician in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Logistic Services International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Most of people that were there were so friendly, it felt like a community or a family almost. It's a small, employee owned company. I like the fact that I earned stock at the company (and still do) that will pay out at a future date.

Cons

I don't have too many complaints about working there. Better communication within our group would may be the only thing I would suggest, but in IT that can sometimes be an issue anyway.

3. "Treat your people right"

2.0
    Current Employee - Graphic Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Logistic Services International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They hire a lot of military, flexible, hrs, they have OKAY benefits. { do the research its just ok }

Cons

The pay across the board is well below average and the yearly raises don't quite make up for the cost of living increase- so they are slowly paying you less every year. [Look. It. Up.] The management seems to be the worst I've had in a long time- and I’ve been in the industry for 10 years. Since there is little upward movement, the people in management have been there so long that they no longer remember what it was like to actually do the work. Because of this, it seems like middle management’s core function is to pin the blame on the employees. They’ve actually cultivated a toxic environment where employees are throwing each other under the bus. It’s all disjointed instead of everyone working together as a team to complete the project. Top management makes horrible bids on projects they can’t seem to fulfill, ultimately losing money and retirement for you [the contractor employee they claim to care about]. TLDR= Basically little pay, lots of work problems that trickle down to the bottom that you will get pinned with, and no way to move up. This is not a good company for entry level. This is not a good company for people who stay a long time. This is a company that you take if you’re desperate or ill informed. Nothing else....

4. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Hardware Technician in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Logistic Services International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Esop employer with great benefits

Cons

No cons good place to work

5. "Low stress, but not good for entry level"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer I in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Logistic Services International full-time

Pros

Low Stress and decent pay

Cons

Nothing technical about the job and not a very young demographic

6. COVID-19

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Electrician in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

PTO, Flex time, We stayed open during COVID. HR does a great job.

Cons

None great place to work.

7. "Steppingstone for Ex-Military. Doormat for Everyone Else."

Graphics Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Logistic Services International

Pros

Reasonable pay for Graphics Specialists. Low pressure if you're dependable and skilled.

Cons

Minuscule chance of promotion unless you've served with key players of management; especially Graphics Specialist. There are Levels I-III but the work is pretty much the same. Rarely see Level I. Only 8 have ever promoted higher than III, 4 are left. Very conservative environment. If you're even a moderate liberal you will not likely fit in.

Continue reading
  8. "Good people, pay is low"

4.0

Pros

A company owned company allows you to have stake in it. Good people, laid back.

Cons

The Mechanical engineering department, the salary is skewed compared to the electrical. This should be fixed if they want to have retention of employees.

"It's.. "ok""

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Not much. Flexible schedules, mostly cool people. ESOP is ok. Monthly fundraisers for charities. PTO is pretty nice Wearing pants are nice but people who don't face customers on a regular basis should be allowed to wear shorts, especially in the summer (especially when our AC is always on the fritz..)

Cons

The culture is the biggest one. It's such a boring culture. Very very very old school. If that's your speed, that's cool, but if you are younger than 35 you might want to take a good look at/ask around about the culture before going in If you like natural light, this company isn't for you, especially if you are upstairs. Some things are hectic to get done because the chain of command involved in decision making is so large Extremely below average pay. Their excuse is the ESOP but sometimes that not enough, ya know? 401k match isn't as much as the past few companies I worked for The benefits went from ok to not great when we switched health plans. Very high costs for the area and deductible is huge too Little room for growth. Upper management is a boys club. The BOD can also be very condescending in the suggestion box on the internal portal

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Logistic Services International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

ESOP, BoD provides monthly company updates, good pay, comfortable work environment, flex hours, many morale-boosting events throughout the year.

Cons

Not a lot of choices for lunch spots,

Logistic Services International Response

May 7, 2019HR

Thank you for your response. You are right, LSI is a great place to work. Hopefully with the buildup on 103rd we will see some new food places.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 56 English Reviews