Logitech Intern Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Cons

1. "Channel Marketing Intern"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Logitech (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people who are great managers. Gained useful training and was given plenty of responsibility to complete my task.

Cons

No real cons. Just had a really long commute because Logitech is located in Newark.

"Business Intern"

Current Employee - Intern in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Newark, CA

Pros

1. There are tons of other interns at Logitech and many opportunities to network, and hang out. It's a great way to meet new people.
    2. Weekly Lunch & Learns with upper level management + free lunch, these were some of my favorite parts of the program.
    3. My manager and team in my group were great. They were all very supportive friendly and helpful.

Cons

1. Generally interns are given a specific project to work on. Sometimes this means you're not working with current employees on ongoing products for the company. However, there are still plenty of opportunities to learn and if you ask your manager they can get you involved with other tasks besides your individual project.

Advice to Management

You have a great intern program. I feel like the company valued their interns and tried to make the experience good one.

Logitech Response

Sep 26, 2016 – Sr Director, Global Talent Acquisition

We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us at Logitech! We all get a lot out of the program and the innovation that emerges from our interns' projects and perspectives. Thanks for feeding back. ... More

"Great place to work!"

Former Intern - Business Intelligence Intern in Newark, CA
    Former Intern - Business Intelligence Intern in Newark, CA

I worked at Logitech as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Medium sized company with a start up atmosphere.
    Management is very approachable.
    Great people.
    Collaborative work environment

Cons

Company has great products, but needs to improve marketing efforts. Invest in building a brand around Logitech.
    Pay needs to be higher.

Advice to Management

The company has a good strategy for the future, but needs to speed up on implementation. Hike up salaries a bit to retain talent. Piggy back on the UE brand.

4. "Great Internship Program"

I worked at Logitech as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a really solid Internship program, you get to do some fun trips on urban hikes and baseball games, as well as some volunteer work. Though it appears as though they had only recently ramped up the internship program, it was by far the best internship experience I've had, even without the employee discount I had while I was there.

Cons

Sometimes the bureaucracy can be a little stifling. Getting a plane ticket home, for example, meant talking to 3 different people explaining to them my situation and what to do. Team sizes were small, and I prefer larger teams.

Advice to Management

Perks were great, compensation and time-off policies were fine.

"Intern"

Former Intern - Summer Intern in Newark, CA
    Former Intern - Summer Intern in Newark, CA

I worked at Logitech as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with a number of cool products. Working environment is open and people are friendly. You can have a great discount in garage sale and employee discount.

Cons

Although the CEO is trying to drive this company to move fast and to be innovative so hard, the culture there doesn't really reflect that.

6. "Great and growing company culture"

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Newark, CA
    Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly all around, there are no cubicles because it is an open environment, and there are awesome employee discounts!

Cons

Employee discounts are so crazy, you end up buying so many things to the point where you might hoard...

Advice to Management

The internship was great, but oftentimes the dangling of a full time position offer drove the interns into paranoia. Personally, I feel that they should never be told that they are going to receive a full time position unless it is their last 2 weeks on the contract.

"Intern"

I worked at Logitech as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a good experience working at Logitech as an intern.

- The team I worked for was comprised of members who were kind, enthusiastic, engaging--they appeared to enjoy their work, and they were specialists in their fields.

- The building in which I worked was clean, organized, spacious.

- I enjoyed sitting in short meetings with my team members to share ideas and brainstorm new projects to be worked on. .

Cons

I would have liked to engage with the other interns more during my time. We were working within our respective departments, so I became close to only the ones in my immediate vicinity.

Advice to Management

Great ideas thus far, needs a few more big winners that can perform in the long-term, not on for short-period momentary basis. Keep it up!

"A company in transformation with great culture and opporutnities"

Current Intern - Global Supply Chain Intern in Newark, CA
    Current Intern - Global Supply Chain Intern in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Really diverse workforce. you get to learn how to work with talents around the world
    2. Good work life balance and flexible working hours
    3. It values the coherence within the company. They have lost of company events during weekdays. Ice cream social, BBQ lunch in parking lot, weekly company huddle, etc.
    4. The CEO is really engaging. you can easily see him walking around and talk with you just like one of your coworkers
    5. The company is in the process of transitioning. Products, process and people are been changed or adjusted toward the new market segments and lean organization. Lots of opportunities to work on influential projects that significantly improve top and bottom lines

Cons

1. Just like every big company over 30 years, sometimes you got to deal with bureaucracy
    2. Right now I have not seen products that are really promising in bringing in new revenue streams.

Advice to Management

1. Acquire promising startups
    2. Hire more young talents

"Great Company"

Current Intern - Intern in Newark, CA
    Current Intern - Intern in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great workplace, smart people and diverse, awesome products.

Cons

Company is being re-estrucutred but I prefer to see this fact as an opportunity.

10. This is the end of reviews that meet your filter criteria (US - All Cities). Below you will find more reviews from other countries

11. "Database QA"

Former Intern - Intern - Software in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Intern - Intern - Software in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Logitech as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The folks I worked with were generally great people to work with. They had a few socials, such as poker night and once in a while threw lunches. During Christmas they would provide massive discounts to employees for all products.

Cons

It was a very repetitive task of basically validating database entries of users for the Harmony device division. It was a very tedious task that took the fun out of work. I wasn't sure why management wanted to pay a whole bunch of interns to do this when they could either a) outsource or b) automate the process.

Advice to Management

Need to give employees more freedom to work on ideas. I sometimes went to them with ideas, and suggested I could explore more after work. They didn't like the idea, even though I was happy in spending extra time with no additional pay.