Logitech Reviews | Glassdoor

Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance is nonexistent (in 12 reviews)

• Poor middle and upper management communication leading to churn (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Loving It"

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

--CEO is amazing and has built and incredible group of people around him (most since his arrival).
    --All about the best talent--lots of telecommuting, video conferencing and various ways that are OK to work
    --Big vision for the future; Logitech will surprise a lot of people with the future and changing the world
    --Super multi-cultural. HQ in both Zurich and SVC
    --Very open leadership and senior team

Cons

--Some legacy folks/leaders need to get up to speed with the new Logitech versus old school CE (forget it is about SVC and being progressive versus old school ideas)
    --Trying hard to make feel smaller but the reality is that it is a global company (pro and con)

Advice to Management

Keep it up and even move faster!

2. "Great Company 'in the Making'"

Current Employee - General Manager in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great products, open culture, progressive practices ... and it's getting cooler and cooler all the time

Cons

No big negatives, but keep the momentum going ... stay hungry, stay foolish!

Advice to Management

Absolutely on a great path but please keep it going ... the potential is big

3. "Love this company!"

Current Employee - Leader in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Leader in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cool products, attempt to create a small company culture, open environment, and great people. We love products and so will you!

Cons

Sometimes we operate too much like a big company but we are really trying to change. I think our office in Silicon Valley is kind of messy (sorry!) but it's at least really open and fun. Almost all the offices are cool or getting there!

Advice to Management

Listen to consumers and employees and encourage people to speak up and find challengers to their own ideas. It's the goal but we can't stop the all out effort to do this.

4. "Loving Life at Logitech"

Current Employee - Marketing in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture that starts with the CEO and continues through the leadership team. Lots of opportunities to move to new business units and grow new skills.

Cons

Healthcare plans are so/so. Cafeteria is expensive and there aren't a lot of options nearby.

Advice to Management

Keep on staying hungry and humble

"Great CEO"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Product Management in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Product Management in Newark, CA

Pros

The Sweet Spot for passionate product manager in consumer electronics. Ability to design cool product experiences that consumer use everyday. Small enough company to have an impact, large enough to have great design and engineering capabilities

Cons

Risk Adverse. Tend to be cautious about new categories. And slow at times because of the consensus building culture in certain part of the company.

"Amazing company with great culture"

Current Employee - Director in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture is unique and strong. Small company but established and successful. Employees can make an big impact. Nice employees that are easy to work with. Collaboration at all levels. Business strategy is making traction. A lot to look forward to.

Cons

Given growth phase, sometimes resources can seem limited as we control costs. Resources don't always seem evenly distributed across functions.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Great job so far. Stay humble and hungry.

"Great place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time

Pros

- love the finance culture and team. open, collaborative and lively
    - Great progress and focus on people development - love the training. lunches, vibe of it..
    - great focus on work life balance and automation/ process improvement
    - we can voice opinion and drive changes
    - great cohesive team, no silos and changes are easy to make

Cons

- free lunches once a week would be helpful (love the snacks)
    - launch a employee purchase website for 75%- we love our products
    - more huddle meetings, travel and group discussions- we global now
    - love the flexibility, should promote more and more. goes a long way

Advice to Management

please don't forgot small co culture- hungry, simple and powerful. keep it inspiring and lively- that brought all the changes..

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Treasury Services Consultant in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Treasury Services Consultant in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are happy to work at Logitech

Cons

I do not have a con to write about.

"Solid Products"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Logitech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Passionate team working on continually improving staple consumer electronic peripherals.

Cons

Somewhat old school, good old boy mentality. Not a great characteristic for a technology company.

Advice to Management

Evolve and break some of the old school culture. Even the buildings themselves feel so dated. Attract more progressive employees and perhaps new overall culture.

10. "Professional & Amiable work environment"

Former Intern - MBG Audio Test and Automation Engineering in Camas, WA
    Former Intern - MBG Audio Test and Automation Engineering in Camas, WA

I worked at Logitech as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many pros that have led me to love this company. I will try to list a few critical ones here:
    1. Quick Interview Process: The management wanted to hire when they created the job requisition. I applied the day the requisition was created, my resume was a match, I was called in for the interview and I had the management decision all with the offer letter within a week of my online application. Unlike companies that create job postings and never get back with the status of your application.
    2. Genuine Interview: The interview was well focused on the job role required.
    3. Proper directions and deliverable's discussed on starting: This I believe is one of the most important reason why I loved working at Logitech. My deliverable on first project was explained very well with every detail outlined. This helped me make the transition to work life from academia very easy.
    4. Constant Encouragement with appreciation and recognition of work: The credit of this goes to my manager and supervisor. But in general this is the company culture where everyone's role is considered important and his/her contribution is made known to peers.
    5. Friendly peers: This is another reason why I looked forward to going to work everyday! Loved the talks and laughs at the coffee machine, in the break room and even otherwise :)
    6. Flexible work schedule with excellent work life balance: Could enjoy this benefit as a new intern.

Cons

For me it was just one real downside when considering work at Logitech: Its Location.

Another downside was that my job role was very well defined with no scope of being innovative... But this could be a premature statement as I worked at Logitech for a short (3 months) duration and directions change once an employee sets into the job.