Logitech Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 20, 2017

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance is nonexistent (in 12 reviews)

• Poor middle and upper management communication leading to churn (in 9 reviews)

"Good culture"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst - Corporate Controllership in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Logitech (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance
    Nice managers
    smart employees

Cons

Performance of company is going down

2. "Headed in the right direction"

Current Employee - Analyst in Petaluma, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership is headed in the right direction - intent on making the company operate more as a small company by moving fast and making sound decisions based on data

Cons

Much like other worldwide corporations, there is still a lot of silo-type hoops to jump through when trying to make business decisions.

Advice to Management

Keep on pushing. The company is performing well and is headed in the right direction, with only more exciting news and products to come

3. "Senior Sales Operations Manger"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small Company with big ideas that wants to hear from all team members.

Cons

Open space environment and offer some employees to work remote.

Advice to Management

Management needs to offer more training for their employees.

"This is a truly design driven organization, not just makers of mice and keyboards"

Current Employee - Principal in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Principal in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Logitech has developed a lot of unique and market leading products in the last several years. It has a great suite of products ranging from the G-series gaming products, Ultimate ears (UE speakers), and tablet accessories like Keys to Go. These products are exciting and the culture here is great as the teams really want to create powerful designs and products consumers really want.

The company has more of a small company feel, very little hierarchy (all the way up to the CEO) and is incredibly international. You hear multiple languages

Great video collaboration tools with other sites

Cons

The history of the company (and long-tenured employees) is both good and bad. I like the loyalty, but the tenure can be challenging when there is too much focus on what worked in the past which can result in preventing new ideas (or leveraging part of the ideas in the past).

Also, this isn't a traditional free spending silicon valley tech company. No free food at lunch (the cafeteria is pretty good, but not cheap), no snacks around the office, or business class trips. Logitech tries to spend it's money wisely, but don't expect all of the crazy perks that you might in Mountain View.

Advice to Management

The culture is great, but the office space needs to be redone (to show out loud the color attitude and drive of the company). It still feels a little too much like an office.

"A lot of hype talk around growth areas but the "core" - mice and keyboards are ultimately driving decisions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I worked at Logitech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing design. Cool products. Strong engineering.

Cons

Sales/marketing and growth businesses understaffed and underfunded. Lack of scale in quality assurance and customer care. Poor return on acquisitions investments (e.g. LifeSize)

Advice to Management

Truly act as a small business. Put more wood behind the growth arrows. Reward/retain team members that care about and drive the business vs. those that are motivated by politics/career moves

"Good company with global orientation."

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at Logitech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company has diverse product portfolio. So, there are opportunities to work on a variety of products if desired. The company prides itself on high quality products. So, only high quality work is acceptable. Overall, good balance of work and personal life.

Cons

Some of the engineering is in Taiwan and Switzerland with manufacturing in China. Also, a lot of interaction with European sales & marketing is required. So, must be willing to respond to emails and do phone conferences at odd hours of day. This can make for long days.

Advice to Management

Keep providing employees with opportunities to express their ideas for new products. Explore more product opportunities in the mobile and smartphone market spaces.

7. "Camas, WA site is a family. Let us welcome you home."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

I have been working at Logitech (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you love music, passionate about the future, creative, and love a challenge, there couldn't be a better place to make your mark.
    I've been working for Logitech (Camas, WA) over 16 years now. Logitech challenges us to improve products, designs, and to be innovative. We are not just a team, group, or site, we have a culture of family. We help each other, support each other, and yes, from time to time will even get mad at each other. We are a family.
    We have activities that support our community. Rivers and streams to fish in. Lots of hiking (even in the rain). 1 1/2 hours from snow skiing on Mt. Hood or the ocean beaches of either Washington or Oregon.

Cons

It does rain a lot in Washington state. At times we may get snow. The summers seem short.
    Sometimes while we work on a project, the schedules can get crazy.

Advice to Management

Understand that individuals may have different needs. We have a company of multiple cultures and ages - likes and dislikes. Not everyone will be happy at the same time. Most of all - remember Life Happens.

"Great Working Environment"

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Fremont, CA

I worked at Logitech (More than a year)

Pros

Good Corporate Culture. The teams know how to work hard yet really have fun at the same time. The team works hard to make sure everything with the Logitech brand is meeting and exceeding the standards that a premium brand should have. Most corporate structures are really supportive of the product development process rather than being sales centric.

Cons

Too much focus on lower margins has made design work routine. Much of this work is being sent to ODMs that slap on the Logitech sticker on their work with US and European engineering teams focused maintaining quality rather then putting energy into innovation.

Advice to Management

Really need to work on the overall corporate vision. Return to focusing on creating products that generate memorable positive user experiences. Need to create products differentiate themselves not only by high quality but also by cutting edge innovation. They also need to realize they are no longer just in the peripherals market anymore. Things like wireless speakers, cloud cameras, digital music players are complex systems in need of platform engineering.

"It is a great workplace."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech (Less than a year)

Pros

- great people, helpful, nice, open minded
    - great salary for contractors
    - great experience with real responsibilities
    - have a wide range of work
    - company values is getting more and more innovative

Cons

- took forever to get the hiring process done (3 months after the first interview)
    - decided to extend the contract instead of hiring as a full time

Advice to Management

please consider:
    - adding more benefits to part time employees
    - including free catering services
    - improving the quality of food
    - value part time employees and considering hire them as full time than keep extending the contract

"Management should be more considerate and care about their emoloyees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company culture, nice people.

Cons

Senior management should care about their employees more. People have been asked to work overtime and weekends. No flexibility to work from home.