Logitech Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 29, 2017

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance is nonexistent (in 11 reviews)

• Poor middle and upper management communication leading to churn (in 9 reviews)

"It is a great workplace."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech (Less than a year)

Pros

- great people, helpful, nice, open minded
    - great salary for contractors
    - great experience with real responsibilities
    - have a wide range of work
    - company values is getting more and more innovative

Cons

- took forever to get the hiring process done (3 months after the first interview)
    - decided to extend the contract instead of hiring as a full time

Advice to Management

please consider:
    - adding more benefits to part time employees
    - including free catering services
    - improving the quality of food
    - value part time employees and considering hire them as full time than keep extending the contract

"Management should be more considerate and care about their emoloyees"

I have been working at Logitech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company culture, nice people.

Cons

Senior management should care about their employees more. People have been asked to work overtime and weekends. No flexibility to work from home.

"Avoid working in the accounting/finance team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I worked at Logitech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learnt a lot in the field of accounting.

Cons

The work life balance is thing that seizes to exist in this company. They would request us to work during the weekend even though it was not of any urgency. We were not allowed to work from home (weekday/weekends included). The work culture in that team is that all the work needed to be done in the physical location and hence people left pretty much everyday after 8 p.m. The manager is highly inefficient in doing his job. He continues to give all the other teams, the time and freedom to continue booking journal entries but only crunch his own team to work harder without having any realistic sense of how things can take time. In fact, the CEO had announced that he wants to be connected only with his current employees but not through LinkedIn, they should reach out to him by email/phone call. Because they are no longer worthy of his time. This is a company, where one can learn on how not to be a bad manager/company and learn to respect its employees to say that it is perfectly fine for them to have a work-life balance. Do not join this team, if you have an health condition that needs a doctor's appointment even once a month. They have clearly stated that it disrupts the work and will consider you to be an efficient employee. I'm glad I no longer belong to this team.

Advice to Management

Learn to respect your employees and create a work-life balance so that I can contribute more.

"Experience at logitech"

Current Employee - Accounting Group in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting Group in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has changed and is changing fast. Enjoyable, Fulfilling, Great team AND Great Perks....along with Two things which I like and people here enjoy the most is fast moving and adopt new ideas. The culture is small company with great vision. Management is approachable and receptive to great ideas. great culture and great people around, who are focused on making things simple, easy, effective and you are listened and appreciated. The people around are good, great team sprit. location wise, very well located for me, mostly against traffic, which I love with the perks of free gym, free electric car charger and awesome discount on products of 50% and above. Given the European base, you get to travel to Europe, which is awesome.

Cons

Have to keep driving the culture and embrace the change.

5. "The best place for finance department ever worked with and all nice people"

Current Employee - Sec Reporting Manager in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Sec Reporting Manager in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work area is open space and no one is sitting in an office room including CFO and CEO. The tone at the top is very good and CEO and CFO are very open to suggestions to improve the business and process. There are no complex protocol to get good ideas executed. I can walk to CFO and present my idea and gets approved immediately as long as the idea gets adopted.
    My contribution to the Company is well recognized by the supervisor and CFO via a good compensation package.

Cons

Cross function department communication and support needs a little reinforced to get the whole process more efficient.

"Liking the job more than I expected to"

I have been working at Logitech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The execs walk around like regular folk, especially Bracken. There are sightings of him all over the place, including the café, hallways, work areas, and more. He's very approachable, as are all the execs. I am adjusting much better to the open environment than I expected I'd be able to. I like the level of work I'm assigned, and I appreciate a very good work-life balance. I also think my manager is great. This is about my eighth job in 8 years due to constant contract work changing and ending. I am so glad I made the move to Logitech and feel lucky to have landed here, and as an FTE I'm expecting to stay a long time.

Cons

As a small company there aren't too many jobs that overlap, so sometimes questions can't get answered as fast as a newbie would like. In the past, there were 4 or 5 people doing my job alongside me, but now I am dependent on one person only. But the tradeoff is worth it. I'm thriving and producing now, which feels great.

Advice to Management

At every event where you are speaking to Logitech employees and contractors, please let us know who you are, both by name and job title.

"Getting much more interesting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time

Pros

A lot of good changes over the last year. CEO and Execs really serious about building fewer but much bigger products and overall the teams are operating at a faster pace. Very international culture.

Cons

Still too consensus-driven. Rebranded HR into People & Culture, but unclear what this changed beside the naming. Mixed bag of top talent and under performers, making key to find the right team.

"On the move, great potential."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Logitech has a very strong history of innovation and great products. The multinational culture provides an opportunity for truly global work experience. The new CEO is a breath of fresh air and the environment reflects hid 'winning behaviors'. This is a great place to work if you want to make a difference and create amazing experiences for your customers.

Cons

At times the successes of the past create a sense of entitlement in the long-term employees. There is not enough time spent on learning from mistakes and using the learnings to inform future actions.

Advice to Management

While it important to have continuity in the management and leadership team it is just as important to hold leaders accountable for their performance.

"Great place to do great things"

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Under the new regime of Bracken, Logitech has made an incredible turn-around. The vibe is getting increasingly more positive and the culture is dramatically improving. I love the fact that we use video conferencing and can instantly connect face-to-face with any of our colleagues from around the world. This makes work a lot more productive without the hassles of traveling/being away from the family.

Cons

There are some legacy employees that are perpetually negative. The AMR region seems to try everything it can to work "against" the Business Groups vs with them. Not sure why this is...seems as if it's just "always been this way" and there are lots of legacy people who continue to feed this mentality. The workspace is all open office concept, but not in a "cool" way - it's ugly and cluttered.

Advice to Management

Great work turning the culture around, keep it up! Would be nice to have a better work environment setup - the current open workspace environment is ugly, uncolorful and cluttered. Help to foster an environment where the AMR team isn't encouraged/incentivized to work against BGs.

"Fast pace and constantly changing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My boss is amazing and she really gets it. Vacation, time off, work-life balance, flexibility, open work space environment---the whole shabam. I joined Logitech just under 2 years ago and have been impressed with the evolving company culture.

Cons

Small company who talks about changing the company environment, but is slow to do so. It can take awhile to get things done.

Advice to Management

For being such a large company, we should be more involved with the community and develop a volunteer program. We should also create a stronger university program here on site. Logitech needs a stronger presence on college campuses and around the globe.