Logix Federal Credit Union Reviews in Burbank, CA | Glassdoor

Dave Styler

1. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Member Service Officer in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Member Service Officer in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Expanding company, hiring/promoting all the time. Member service oriented. I really like working here.

Cons

Hard to get a job - but once you're in, you're golden.

Advice to Management

Always look to promote within. Help those that you can tell want to pursue a career and mentor them to the best of your ability.

"One of the best employers I ever had but there is room for improvement"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Burbank, CA

I worked at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, bonuses, monthly fun events for employees, great employees

Cons

CEO is easy going and down to earth, but has given too much power to Management who acts self entitled. Your previous work experience has no impact for possible promotion, it's all politics. Managers in certain departments don't act like Leaders/Mentors, they act like they are better than you just because he/she is a Manager, please come down from the clouds already
    Long process to get hired and definitely not about skills only, a lot of employees have spouse, boyfriend, sister, brother, cousin working there, but not all referred employees are given proper job consideration.
    Instead of commending employees for hard work during busy times, Management looking for opportunities to write you up at every chance. If this is indeed such a great place to work listen to your employees vs Management

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach and don't empower Management so much they truly don't deserve it
    To the CEO please focus on employee retention specially of employees who have banking experience, and see Logix as their last employer vs temp job. Not everything is as it seems, and there are always 2 sides to a story. Show that you truly care about employees who love working there, before losing good employees due to whatever Management is telling you Mr Dave Styler ...

3. "Truly a Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Well managed organization; pleasant, positive and fun environment; management cares and invests heavily in their employees; many Great Place to Work events hosted for employees throughout the year; good salary and benefits; many opportunities for advancement, and much more.

Cons

Parking can be a little rough at times, but this is due to the rapid growth of the company and will be solved when we move to our brand new, larger building in Santa Clarita.

"Competent Coworkers – Good Pay – Fun Culture"

Current Employee - Online Marketing & Social Media Manager in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Online Marketing & Social Media Manager in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Logix for four years, and I continue to be energized by the culture here. The credit union offers me the chance to be rewarded emotionally and financially for doing something I really love doing, which is helping people live satisfying financial lives.

Logix is a place where high-performers are rewarded and non-performers don't make it, which is wonderful for the high-performing employee because it is very rare that you are let down by your coworkers. In fact, while the frequent "great place to work" events like free food trucks, coffee bars, etc. are fun little reminders that the company appreciates us, the fact that my fellow coworkers are competent and reliable is the most satisfying part of my job.

This culture of accountability, mixed with fun and humility, ensures that the company does well. It's always nice to know that your bonus is backed by 78 years of steady profitability, with not one single year of loss.

Lastly, every employee has an anonymous email link to the CEO, and he publicly responds to these questions every week in a company-wide email. The questions range from the trivial (who's your favorite NBA player) to some critical things we may need to address as an organization. If you've ever worked for a massive company, or even a small one with an indifferent boss, you'll appreciate that a standard of open and honest communication is demonstrated from the top down.

Cons

The extreme focus on member service will often mean having to refocus your energy exclusively to a member issue instead of getting other work done. It can also mean long hours in certain positions. This style of work may not be appealing to a "clock-watcher."

Advice to Management

Let's do something about the ice machine!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Pros

Logix regularly places highly in the "Best Place to Work" lists. The company really goes out of its way to make employees happy. Logix is one of the strongest credit unions in the country and continues to grow.

Cons

Logix is never complacent. The project lists are robust and this is not a place for people who want to coast through their day.

Advice to Management

Continue working to make your employees happy and they will continue to produce the great results for which Logix is known..

"Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Teller in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Teller in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture
    Great Co-Workers
    Great Place to Bank

Cons

Hard to Move Up
    It's all about who you know, and if you're in the right place at the right time for promotions.
    Very Slow to Promote
    Tellers are not paid that well, but the rest of the company is
    Very Conservative Company
    More of a mature crowd. Not really for young innovators.

"This place is a complete JOKE!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked 8-5. That's about it.

Cons

If I enjoyed being paid in potlucks and Costco pizza then this would be an awesome place to work. As any commission sales person would expect, you'd want to see commissions being earned within your first 90 days. At Logix, you'd better sit back and wait till your 7th or 8th month. They want to put you through a world of training. 95% of it is completely useless to the job. The CEO spends his time sending out "the thought of the day" and a weekly photo of which you have to write a caption." This place has so many people in upper management and I have no idea what they actually do? Its a lot like Office Space. I didn't fit in there because I am used to working with people who want to be successful and earn a solid living. I felt like I was back in third grade working there. Some real boneheads run that place. I can honestly say its the worst company I've ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Get with the times!

"Came here looking for a paycheck and found a home. I love this company."

Current Employee - Manager in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Logix has all of the perks of working for a big bank, but with the heart of a credit union.

One of the best things about working here is the opportunity to interact with, and learn from, some of the most talented people in the financial industry. (There is no exaggeration in that claim - we're one of the fastest growing, healthiest FIs in America.) I know that many organizations claim an open door policy, but in actuality, there's not much behind the words. At Logix, the CEO knows the name of all 500 employees and welcomes/seeks conversation with each one. He's set an example that most of our staff follow, which leads to many opportunities to grow and learn.

In addition to feeling supported in my career, I leave work every day feeling like I've actually helped someone. As a credit union, Logix often becomes refuge to people who have been worked over by "big banks." It feels good to know that, because we are member-owned, every decision I make will eventually benefit the person I'm helping instead of some faceless stockholder on Wall Street or overseas.

In summary, I came here for a paycheck and found a home. You don't leave a place like Logix without a good reason, and they haven't given me one yet. To the contrary, they keep getting better.

Cons

The dedication to member service is fierce. You may think that is a veiled compliment to the place, and in some ways it is, but it might not feel like it when you’re scrambling to help someone on a weekend. Logix is not a good fit at all for someone who wants to leave work at work. I’ve never worked harder, but I’ve never had such satisfaction in doing it.

Advice to Management

More jeans days!! (LOL)

"Used to be better"

Current Employee - LPC Loan Officer in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - LPC Loan Officer in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work and life balance is so so. Our department needs to be restructured

Cons

Loan phone center Loan officers must sell consumer loans, mortgage loans, as well as process service requests, and increase Visa card limits. Sadly, as loan officers, we only get paid on 2 out of those 4 things. Bottom line is that The base salary should be higher than what it is for having to juggle all these things normally not associated with a loan officer title. We are essentially a Financial services officer with a lower salary. Things used to be different where every call was a potential sales opportunity, however we are now more customer service reps than loan officers as per our title and job descriptions indicate.

Advice to Management

See the cons. Recognize the high turn over in our department. The writings been on the wall. Pay us what we deserve, or take away non stop, non sales related calls

"Best company out of 6 in my career"

Current Employee - Management in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Focused on providing outstanding customer service, high standards of performance, financially strong, good enterprise-wide communication, and makes an effort to have fun at work.

Cons

Variety and frequency of advancement opportunities limited by company size. Minimal opportunities outside of the Southern California area.