Logix Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dave Styler

"Great Company to work for!"

I have been working at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

I have enjoyed working with Logix. They treat their employees very well. They are voted Best Credit Union in L.A. County to work for. They have multiple benefits for their employees. In-N-Out Burger, Employee BBQs, Annual Awards Banquet, Holiday Party and multiple events.

Cons

It seems difficult to get hired.

Advice to Management

Make sure that new management is CATFISH.

2. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Member Service Officer in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Member Service Officer in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Expanding company, hiring/promoting all the time. Member service oriented. I really like working here.

Cons

Hard to get a job - but once you're in, you're golden.

Advice to Management

Always look to promote within. Help those that you can tell want to pursue a career and mentor them to the best of your ability.

"One of the best employers I ever had but there is room for improvement"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Burbank, CA

I worked at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, bonuses, monthly fun events for employees, great employees

Cons

CEO is easy going and down to earth, but has given too much power to Management who acts self entitled. Your previous work experience has no impact for possible promotion, it's all politics. Managers in certain departments don't act like Leaders/Mentors, they act like they are better than you just because he/she is a Manager, please come down from the clouds already
    Long process to get hired and definitely not about skills only, a lot of employees have spouse, boyfriend, sister, brother, cousin working there, but not all referred employees are given proper job consideration.
    Instead of commending employees for hard work during busy times, Management looking for opportunities to write you up at every chance. If this is indeed such a great place to work listen to your employees vs Management

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach and don't empower Management so much they truly don't deserve it
    To the CEO please focus on employee retention specially of employees who have banking experience, and see Logix as their last employer vs temp job. Not everything is as it seems, and there are always 2 sides to a story. Show that you truly care about employees who love working there, before losing good employees due to whatever Management is telling you Mr Dave Styler ...

5. "Truly a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Well managed organization; pleasant, positive and fun environment; management cares and invests heavily in their employees; many Great Place to Work events hosted for employees throughout the year; good salary and benefits; many opportunities for advancement, and much more.

Cons

Parking can be a little rough at times, but this is due to the rapid growth of the company and will be solved when we move to our brand new, larger building in Santa Clarita.

"Great Company"

I worked at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

AMAZING medical benefits! Worth it just in itself. The company also tries to make it a fun environment for employees.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"I guess I ended up in a bad department and encountered a witch along the way."

Pros

Close to home. Parking lot is spacious and convenient.

Cons

Dark, enclosed, claustrophobic, jail-like office. Dark, dusty, dingy, and just plain dirty (actual dirt spread all around from dead plants) work space with extremely crowded desks that scream -- hoarders work here --). Many tattooed employees who do not seem to care about looking professional. Perfect environment for an older crowd. Avoid visiting the bathrooms as much as possible - they are stinky, outdated, and still showcase latrines from the 1920's, perhaps even older.

"Logix"

Pros

Great company. Lots of free food and events.

Cons

Hard to get high scores on performance reviews.

"Competent Coworkers – Good Pay – Fun Culture"

Current Employee - Online Marketing & Social Media Manager in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Online Marketing & Social Media Manager in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Logix for four years, and I continue to be energized by the culture here. The credit union offers me the chance to be rewarded emotionally and financially for doing something I really love doing, which is helping people live satisfying financial lives.

Logix is a place where high-performers are rewarded and non-performers don't make it, which is wonderful for the high-performing employee because it is very rare that you are let down by your coworkers. In fact, while the frequent "great place to work" events like free food trucks, coffee bars, etc. are fun little reminders that the company appreciates us, the fact that my fellow coworkers are competent and reliable is the most satisfying part of my job.

This culture of accountability, mixed with fun and humility, ensures that the company does well. It's always nice to know that your bonus is backed by 78 years of steady profitability, with not one single year of loss.

Lastly, every employee has an anonymous email link to the CEO, and he publicly responds to these questions every week in a company-wide email. The questions range from the trivial (who's your favorite NBA player) to some critical things we may need to address as an organization. If you've ever worked for a massive company, or even a small one with an indifferent boss, you'll appreciate that a standard of open and honest communication is demonstrated from the top down.

Cons

The extreme focus on member service will often mean having to refocus your energy exclusively to a member issue instead of getting other work done. It can also mean long hours in certain positions. This style of work may not be appealing to a "clock-watcher."

Advice to Management

Let's do something about the ice machine!

"Great Work/Life Balance"

I have been working at Logix Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Management strives for great work/life balance. They're getting better with allowing employees to do their jobs and empowering employees. The pay is good/great and if you work hard, there are many opportunities for growth, typically. Logix is growing and hiring! They offer certain benefits that most employers in this category don't offer, such as added money to the 401k to compensate for doing away with the pension. Also, their tuition assistance program and employee mortgage program is amazing. They have a great culture and management does a great job with keeping everyone on track with that culture. The CEO is amazing and has an open-door policy. Dave is very approachable, witty and just a great guy.

Cons

Employee referral program is seemingly lackluster. I've referring several great candidates and only one has ever even received a face-to-face interview. Management is improving with empowering employees, but they have a ways to go in this area. There used to be A LOT of upper-management micro-managers, but they've made great strides in this area and are continuing to improve. There are really no major "cons" to working here, so if you're offered the job, I'd highly recommend you take it.

Advice to Management

Keep making strides towards empowering employees to do their jobs. Overall, management here is outstanding and getting better every day.

"Great place to work!"

Pros

Logix goes out of their way to take care of the employees. The CEO is fun and has a great sense of humor. The core values really keep the company consistent. They help you to grow and make the most out of your career.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about :)