KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 69 of over 77 reviews

4.0
Logos Bible Software President & CEO     Bob Pritchett
Bob Pritchett
Pros
  • "unlimited vacation time, flexible work hours, etc(in 7 reviews)

• "Bellingham is a great place to live(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The work environment at Logos is strange(in 4 reviews)

• "No health insurance coverage for dependents(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Hahqhw

Mar 22, 2021 - Wouldn't You Like to Know ( HAHA )
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love it so much fun place.

Cons

Nothing is wrong working hwre

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Logos is an amazing company with a serious focus on cutting-edge software development

Dec 13, 2013 - Software Developer in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Profitable company not afraid of investing in emerging technologies to get a leg up on the competition * Invests in employees for long-term, including many optional training and growth opportunities on a day-to-day basis * Company policies/handbook are simplified to 7 core values that are taken seriously: Honesty, Openness, Awesomeness, Growth, Initiative, Elegance, Shipping * Flexible work environment with remote opportunities, ability to easily work around life events to help ease stress on employees, and easy for developers to move between teams as interests shift * Unlimited vacation policy * Crunch-time is nearly non-existent * CEO trusts his developers and is a software developer himself so truly understands at a technical-level all the company's products * CEO is a visionary who foresees how to keep each product relevant and ahead of the competition as technology evolves * Logos is bigger than just software - Logos is a leader in several areas dealing with digital media and has many super talented teams across several disciplines who work together efficiently to deliver products that are like no other

Cons

I've been working here about a year and can't think of anything negative to say. The company is constantly identifying areas to improve in and modifying our processes to address them. I haven't seen any glaring problems that go unaddressed for long periods of time so I can't really complain. This is the best company I've worked for in over 10 years of professional software development.

Logos Bible Software Response

CEO/President

Thanks! I'm glad you like it here, and appreciate your calling out the values.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I never want to work anywhere else

Mar 6, 2013 - Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about Logos is the people. The caliber of talent is amazing. Publications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Text Development and Development all have dedicated, intelligent, fun people working for them who strive to keep Logos an awesome place to work. Our CEO is always asking how we can make Logos a better place to work and employee suggestions are taken to heart. Individual growth is a priority at Logos. As a developer, if we need a technical book for work, or just for personal interest, we can simply ask and it's usually in the office the next day. Logos also offers a Read for Cash program almost every year where the company will pay you to read business books. Developers are treated very well at Logos. They are seen as an asset and not a liability. Logos makes every effort to ensure we have the best tools to do our jobs and we're working with the latest technology. Free coffee and beverages is a nice perk, as well as the foosball and ping pong tables in the common area. The employee insurance coverage is top-notch.

Cons

Enrolling spouses or dependents under the company provided insurance is cost prohibitive for most people because of the high level of benefits under the plan. Most employees generally opt for insurance on the open market for spouses or dependents. 401k matching is not as good as some companies. Neither of these are obligations for Logos to provide, of course, but they are factors to consider when looking at a employer.

4. 5.0

Good Company, Expensive City & Healthcare

Oct 9, 2014 - Senior Graphic Designer in Bellingham, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company, it's pretty easy to jump in and understand the culture and company priorities. Expectations are clear and there are tangible metrics and a good amount of feedback whether you're doing your job well or not. The culture is laid-back and is pretty flexible. I love having unlimited time off, free coffee and drinks etc. Compensation is fair from my perspective. Very much on par with other companies. Company seems to be very transparent and the CEO is more than willing to talk to anyone. This is refreshing. I really feel like leadership tries hard to live out it's own values.

Cons

There is a cost to work here; if you have a family you can just assume that you will want to explore alternative healthcare options for your spouse and your kids. To expensive to go through Logos. There are options, we made it work. The area is pretty expensive too. To live close to work, you'll spend more than 250k for a decent home. If you're willing to live farther out, it's not as bad. In terms of the company, being a culture that changes rapidly and starts and kills projects fast you'll have to get used to shifting focus constantly. Which for some, it's great. For others it can be overwhelming.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

One of the best Companies that I have ever worked for.

May 1, 2013 - Sales Representative in Bellingham, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-I have been working for Logos over 5 years and still love it. -I work for the Sales department members of the Team are like my extended family. -the pay is excellent and you get great bonuses, they are aware when you work the extra mile and compensate you accordingly. -I fully trust my Manager, he has been my Teacher for several years and always has time for me when I need him. -The Company spends to much money in having so many things available for the employes, drinks, Sophisticated Coffee Machines that do all sorts of specialty drinks, Employee Lounge with all sorts of entertainment, ping pong table, huge screen TV for electronic games, a library, a Bike Center... and much more. -they also give the opportunity to your Family members to work here, something that other Companies do not allow.

Cons

The only downside that I see, is that we have several buildings because we have grown so much.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work for certain people

Mar 12, 2013 - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers are very intelligent. Company is growing and has lots of room for personal growth and increasing your responsibilities. Awesome perks and policies (a "no vacation policy" policy, for instance). Location is great if you like downtown in a small city. Good views of the bay or mountains from some offices.

Cons

You must ask for raises and responsibility. The culture heavily favors those who have a lot of initiative. Low performers (sometimes a very subjective term) are weeded out without a lot of fanfare or notice on a frequent basis. This can be good because it means you are cutting the fat but its a bit disheartening sometimes to lose a co-worker. Pay is on the lower end of the scale compared to other companies in the area. While technically available for spouses and children, the healthcare is so ridiculously expensive that it may as well not be available. Pretty much everyone opts for different plans for their families. 401k matching is not great compared to other companies.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

From intern to Software Developer

Mar 6, 2013 - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely open, No specific hours, Unlimited (obviously within reason) vacation, Tons of communication between workers, Great communication from higher ups (even 1 on 1s with CEO) let you constantly know what direction the company is going in.

Cons

Location, if you like small-town Bellingham, it is great. If you want to be nearby anything else, it can be rough.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good people working on some boring stuff

Jul 18, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are lots of smart people who work here, and all pretty easy to get along with.

Cons

Over the last couple years I've grown to disagree with the direction the company is going, investing a lot into projects I don't think anyone outside or inside the company will actually use. They feel like pet projects gone awry. I can understand the desire to expand into new markets, but nobody inside the company is excited about these new things. There is also a meritocracy problem among the development team. Of course, having good performance is good, but Logos seems more interested in developers who live to work rather that work to live. This is probably also related to a problem they have giving good feedback to employees on their performance.

Logos Bible Software Response

CEO/President

I'm sorry you didn't like the direction -- or that the whole strategy wasn't clear enough. It's true we're working on a lot of projects. We have a big-picture strategy that involves building out a platform and ecosystem, and that requires a real mix of product offerings and entry points. It's not as easy as just focusing on our single most profitable product, but I believe it will help insulate us against changes in technology, hardware platforms, the market, etc. We're also fans of trying lots of things and seeing what works. I subscribe to the "If you aren't failing a lot, you aren't trying enough new ideas" philosophy, and I know that can be frustrating if you end up working on a project you don't understand the purpose of, or which is canceled / changed after you've invested time in it. That's a communication failure on my part, and I'll keep working to improve it. Thanks for the feedback!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Challenging job with more opportunity than I could have possibly expected.

Mar 6, 2013 - Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Logos Bible Software is a great place to learn and grow as a software developer. I'm faced with numerous challenges here which has helped me grow more in the last year than I have in my ten years of experience in this field. Many of the developers here are top in their field and are more than willing to share their knowledge to help you grow. Several of our developers contribute meaningful patches back to prominent open source projects, such as Mono. The benefits of working at THE Bible Software Company are fantastic as well! Requires prior knowledge of "The Princess Bride" to understand office humor.

Cons

In the year I've been here, I've been on two teams. The only problem I have with that is I didn't have enough time on the first team to learn what I needed to learn about the application architecture. Requires prior knowledge of "The Princess Bride" to understand office humor.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

There are plenty of opportunities for growth

Mar 16, 2013 - Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Logos is growing - There are leadership opportunities if you work towards them * There is plenty to learn - We pick up new technologies quickly * You have some say in the team you work on * Previous language experience is not mandatory for new projects * Unlimited vacation * Excellent people * Unlimited drinks/coffee and the coffee is good * Your pick of office chair (Herman Miller Aeron, Steelcase Leap, etc) * The CEO is very reachable and will take time to meet with you * Specs are Photoshop mockups and designers are willing to take suggestions * Developers are treated very well - Some companies treat developers as an expense, not here!

Cons

* Some teams have a mess for a codebase * You have to fight for what (career opportunities/project features/pay/etc) you want * Your family will need private health insurance * Seniority means very little

Viewing 1 - 10 of 69 Reviews