KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Lombardi Publishing Reviews

Updated Apr 5, 2021

Found 28 of over 29 reviews

3.6
Lombardi Publishing President Adrian Newman (no image)
Adrian Newman
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Boutique consulting firm focused on corporate training and sustainabile management consulting for SMCs.

Apr 5, 2021 - Managing Partner in São Paulo, São Paulo
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working directly with business owners and have results faster is a plus. Been able to improve a small business standard is great.

Cons

Small teams and usually tight budgets.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, but poor job security

Jul 1, 2020 - Senior Editor in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Fun collection of people -Nice office space, easy to reach by public transport or driving -Opportunity for growth

Cons

-High employee turnover, low job security -Poor long-term planning

3. 5.0

Like a Second Family

Oct 29, 2019 - Manager in Vaughan, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Warm welcoming company with a good vibe. Open to new ideas and good opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Some expectation of overtime hours beyond regular workday.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee

Chance or Choice

Apr 24, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a good stepping-stone company, as someone mentioned. A place for recent grads to get a year of experience before moving on to better things. The pay was ok. Opportunities for advancement, if you played the game. Typical office where everyone is into your business. Owner cares about his staff and caters lunches, deserts, parties. Flexible hours.

Cons

People get into your business. Overwork is common. Morale is really low. Manual systems used. Also the company sorta sells investment tips that may or may not be legit (Google it).

President

Thank you for your review. Lombardi Publishing has been providing unbiased investment advice to consumers around the world for 33 years. All of our investment advice is verifiable and our track record is well-documented. To suggest that our "investment tips may not be legit" is completely false. While not everyone is going to have a positive experience working for any company, we're proud of our employment history and company culture. Many key management personal started with us in very junior positions and have elevated their careers over the years to attain high-level promotions with the benefits that come with them.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It's ok but watch out for sudden death

Dec 10, 2018 - Analyst in Vaughan, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work was interesting and the colleagues were great

Cons

No matter how well you think you're performing, a slight shift in the business wind will make your position redundant and leave you out cold.

6. 1.0

Stepping Stone

Sep 23, 2018 - Content Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get paid! But there's no direct deposit because the company is stuck in the past.

Cons

I'd just like to preface this by saying most of these reviews are fake. Employees were coerced into leaving positive reviews. I know this for a fact. I would only recommend someone work here as a stepping stone to something better. I can't speak for other departments, but the writers and editors are treated poorly. There is no autonomy, the pay is next to nothing, and you're expected to work long hours for no rewards. They outsource a lot of their work to India, leaving in-house staff to work double to clean up the incompetent writing. Writers and editors have no say in what they do and are treated like machines. People are constantly getting fired and their jobs are outsourced or pushed onto other people. Their websites are failing and management blames everyone besides the people responsible. There is an unbelievable amount of gossip and drama in the office, mostly started by upper management.

5 people found this review helpful

President

While we welcome constructive criticism and try to improve all aspects of our company regularly, there are many false statements with this review: - None of our reviews our fake. These were posted by actual employees sharing their actual experiences, positive and negative. - We don’t coerce our employees to write reviews. To suggest this is a fact is simply untrue. - We do not outsource work. Every piece of content we produce is written and edited by salaried employee of one of our companies. - We allow most of our writers and editors to work remotely. In fact, a few of our writers have moved away to places like Calgary, Halifax and Ottawa and are still happily working with us as full-time salaried employees. To suggest there’s no autonomy is inaccurate. - People are not “constantly getting fired.” Sometimes, we make personnel decisions based on performance. Other times, it’s for budgetary reasons. However, this is not a regular occurrence and most of our staff have been with the company for multiple years. - Our websites are not failing. The Lombardi Publishing financial sites have seen increased growth and some of our other corporate sites are also seeing growth and high conversions. - Upper management is always working to limit the “gossip and drama” in the office. Sometimes when working in an office, there are personnel issues that need to be addressed. We aim to rectify any situation that arises with regards to human resources as quickly and efficiently as possible.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Work Culture

Mar 27, 2018 - Financial Writer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve worked here fulltime for more than 6 years and have interacted closely with the CEO who is a true professional, and more importantly, a nice person. One of the best things about working at this place is that your designation does not matter, your work does. If you do your work well you are appreciated. If you go beyond your expectations you are rewarded. It’s that simple. Whenever I struggled with a project, I was given enough opportunities, and directions to find solutions. But there was no spoon-feeding. The trust the top-management has in an employees abilities is very confidence-boosting. There is huge scope for growth for people who are adventurous and willing to go out of their comfort zone. I’ve known people who joined here in one role and grew into other more challenging roles and succeed in them. The company invests a lot in training and sends deserving employees to take part in seminars and trade shows (even in foreign countries). Options to work from home as and when needed helps achieve a nice work-life balance. Great Health Benefits, including dental plan. Free Parking Passes Vacation time increases by a week after 5 years.

Cons

No pets allowed at work.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Production Manager

Mar 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work was interesting and varied, with new challenges all the time. Being an international company there were travel opportunities to visit distant suppliers.

Cons

Usually time constraints were the biggest issues.

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A dishonest company and a bad place to work

Mar 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free coffee in the break room.

Cons

Something odd is going on with these reviews. There's an HR review down below me (set filters to show "contract" to view it) that suggests they're not being honest or real and I think that's right. They just don't reflect the reality of working here at all. This is a pretty dishonest company, and it's very poorly run. Their business is taking advantage of seniors, either with poorly thought out financial schemes or with random health junk. Nobody here has any decision-making authority except the owner. Even the other high level guys are puppets. There's very low morale. Pretty much everybody hates their job. Spend any time in the break room, talk to anybody in private for 5 minutes. The first thing they do is complain about each other, about the owner, about the company. Managers will tell you your ideas are stupid and then two weeks later go around pretending they came up with it. And if you're not Italian and related to the owner, forget it (people literally wander around here talking Italian all day...) When they say this company is "like a family" they mean, the owner's actual family is family. Everyone else is completely replaceable. No wonder there's such an insanely high turnover rate here. It feels like people get fired every day. Nobody bothers to get to know new people because they're probably out the door again in a few weeks or a month.

President

Whoever posted this must have the wrong company. Lombardi Publishing does not sell health products. Our customers are not seniors. The average customer age is under 50. As for the nationality of our workforce, we are proud to employ a wide array of people who represent many nationalities. Those of Italian heritage represent less than 10% of our workforce. The President of the company has no Italian heritage and none of his, nor the owner of the company, have any family members employed at the company.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Customer Service agent/ Media Buyer

Jan 30, 2018 - Customer Sales and Service Agent in Concord, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'd like to start by saying the main reason why I enjoy working for Lombardi Publishing. I started in Customer service last summer, and after a few months I was offered a promotion to move up in the company which was amazing. Unfortunately I ran into personal life issues, and I could not work the hours required for the promotion. My manager not only offered the promotion, but he also offered me my old position back in customer service, so I could continue to work with the team. I'll always appreciate that.

Cons

Due to the nature of our business, things change on a day to day basis. New products, and new ways of handling these products. Sometimes the communication from top to bottom can take a while to update everyone.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews