London Business Conference Group Reviews | Glassdoor

London Business Conference Group Reviews

Updated 18 Dec 2018

2.8
London Business Conference Group CEO Steve Thomas (no image)
Steve Thomas
Pros
  • "The quality of abc/lbcg events commands respect and loyalty from clients(in 10 reviews)

• "Great people, Great Financial Opportunities(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "working hours per contract are longer than industry standard (8(in 7 reviews)

• "I think it reflects very badly on LBCG that you have all these forced reviews on here that make it seem like(in 6 reviews)

"Terrible Management"

I worked at London Business Conference Group

Pros

Great people to work with, good opportunities to socialize outside of the office, lots of room for personal income gain.

Cons

Issues with upper management having high expectations but little involvement in obtaining results. Very high stress job. You'll spend a lot of time on outdated ways of doing things because that's how its always been done. On average, I saw a person a week leave that company.

Advice to Management

None

London Business Conference Group2017-02-21

"Unreal deadlines and awful company culture"

Former Employee - Production in London, England

I worked at London Business Conference Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training depending on which manager / director you are assigned but high pressure to learn and reach goals

Cons

- Company culture is awful: you feel like you’re back at school. Everyone is watching you, monitoring you somehow and there will always be someone talking about you behind your back. If you do something wrong, management will use it as an example to threaten others - Company culture is awful: you feel like you’re back at school. Everyone is watching you, monitoring you somehow and there will always be someone... talking about you behind your back. If you do something wrong, management will use it as an example to threaten other employees. Board Management don’t appreciate your hard work or getting new business - only rewarding the same old employees, hence the high turnover of new employees. - Long working hours: Firstly, the normal working hours per contract are longer than industry standard (8.30am to 6pm). Secondly, most days you have to work extra hours just to get your job done. If you work extra days or hours during events outside the country or city, they don't give you any compensation or days off in return. - Unreal deadlines and overwork: you feel the pressure constantly, everyday is a race. In order to finish your work successfully and on time you have to work during lunch time. - Board Management style is like the old days. Don't expect a 'Good Morning' or a friendly chat. It's all hierarchy. There is also a lack of information given on each project, they want success but they don't give you the necessary tools and information to get there.

Advice to Management

Be adaptable to change and times

London Business Conference Group2018-12-18

"You generally get what you put in -highly suitable for financially motivated ambitious types"

I have been working at London Business Conference Group full-time

Pros

Excellent opportunities and given responsibilities early on. You will be encouraged to not fear failure but instead push the boundaries of what you think is possible. The quality of abc/lbcg events commands respect and loyalty from clients. If you work hard to be excellent at your job and perform - you will be looked after and many people have in fact been with the company between 4 and 10 years - which is not that... common in commercial events. Many standout individuals operate at the highest levels of professionalism and commitment. If you strive for great things and are prepared to accept challenges then you can achieve great things. The experience is what you make it and you will especially like it here if your a go getter.

Cons

Success and high earnings are definitely not guaranteed. You have to work hard and be persistent to make sure your events work or/and gradually get better. Not all the events are huge successes. Sponsors are always setting their budgets 12 months in advance meaning we lose some opportunities. Doesn't always work for people that don't like to be pushed to work fast or go beyond their comfort zones.

Advice to Management

Hire more winners. I imagine recruitment must be hard but over the least 12 months you've hired people that I thought wouldn't make it past the first week and i was right on both occasions.

London Business Conference Group2017-10-10
  4. "LBCG - Misunderstood"

Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Manager in Shoreditch, England

I worked at London Business Conference Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Support from Jane and Steve (CEO/MD), contrary to some other reviews below, I found both to me nothing but supportive. Yes, if you are not pulling your weight they want to understand why, however the training I found very useful, and don't actually have a bad word to say about Jane or Steve. The team is one of the closest I have worked with, fantastic atmosphere, slightly distracting at times but you will make... good friends while working here. The commission structure is as competitive/better than most places, as a sales person there is a lot of money to be made. The downsize to the new office completely changed the atmosphere within the office, certainly for the better. If as an employee you keep up your end of the bargain, you will be looked after and respected as a valuable member of the team.

Cons

Some of the conferences are considerably more successful that others, and there is often a lack of communication between teams. Deadlines for producers/marketing seemed non existent leaving some short lead times. Not much room for career growth - unless the company grows again in which case the opportunities would be given to the loyal.

Advice to Management

If you could provide the same support as you did for me, for any new hires then I do not think you would get another poor review on here. I have nothing but good things to say about LBCG and if I needed work I would not hesitate to return.

London Business Conference Group2017-10-04
  5. "Hard Work = High Reward"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at London Business Conference Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, Great Financial Opportunities

Cons

Hours can be unsociable depending on your project but this will be something you understand very early on.

Advice to Management

None really - Very fair and reletivley easy going (as long as you are getting the job done)

London Business Conference Group2017-08-10

London Business Conference Group Response

October 9, 2017Group MD/CEO

LBCG is a highly entrepreneurial and successful outfit. Not everyone fits in and not everyone can take the pace. LBCG is doing fantastic and we have gone from strength to strength since your regretable but necessary departure.

"Please re-think before you take ANY job here"

I worked at London Business Conference Group full-time

Pros

- They used to have an amazing fish tank but due to how many people they made redundant they had to downsize offices

Cons

- Asked to create fake LinkedIn accounts to send out mass spam messages - Long working hours - A very tense place to work at where any mistake could cost you your job - Some management within Marketing will shock you to your core

London Business Conference Group2017-08-21
  7. "Permanent Employee"

Employee in London, England

I worked at London Business Conference Group for more than 3 years

Pros

Good rewards and acknowledgment for hard work. Nice working environment.

Cons

Not much room to experiment and try new solutions to repeated obstacles.

Advice to Management

Ask and listen to feedback from staff at alllevels.

London Business Conference Group2017-06-20
  8. "Impressive"

I have been working at London Business Conference Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Close knit team who support one another. Everyone sings from the same hymn sheet and it commercially minded. Interesting product areas and markets. Excellent opportunities for travel. A super Managing Director of the London office who is helpful and supportive of her staff. I love working here.

Cons

Not realy no. I think some things could do with updating - salesforce is confusing.

Advice to Management

Keep on driving and growing the business - great job.

London Business Conference Group2017-06-09
  9. "Good atmosphere in the office. Excellent opportunities."

in London, England

I have been working at London Business Conference Group

Pros

Approachable manager. Generous with promotion if i perform. Possible to move departments if show willing.

Cons

Long hours on Us events. strong portfolios. commercial events can be High Pressure.

Advice to Management

Overall not bad. Some people can be vague when they discuss new projects with you.

London Business Conference Group2017-05-04

"Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Database Manager in London, England

I worked at London Business Conference Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

being in a technology role, received all the support and space to solve problems in the systems nice people to work with. follows a startup work culture, fast and you need to be at the top of the game

Cons

i personally did not find any,

Advice to Management

I would only suggest having frequent Team Meetings and 1-1 with the management

London Business Conference Group2017-04-05