Lone Star Circle of Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Rhonda Mundhenk, JD, MPH

"Leadership Issues"

Former Employee - Administration in Georgetown, TX
    Former Employee - Administration in Georgetown, TX

Pros

Was close to my home. Employees were friendly, warm, and believed in mission.

Cons

Executive level leaders have questionable work ethics. They are self promoting, spend too much money on fleet vehicles and lavish business dinners, routine catered meals, all on grant money. They only promote those that fit in with their personal lifestyle.

Advice to Management

The board members need to take a good look at the senior level executives, running the present Lone Star Circle of Care.

2. "Too many chiefs"

Pros

Receptive to staff needs -

Cons

Lots of bureaucracy and too many chiefs

3. "Admin"

Pros

Team work, sustained through a financial hardship, diverse teams

Cons

Lack of transparency. Unclear goals and consistency with direction.

5. "Billing Department encourages team work!"

Current Employee - Billing in Georgetown, TX
    Current Employee - Billing in Georgetown, TX

I have been working at Lone Star Circle of Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked with LSCC for several years. I came from the clinic and just love how Billing Department is run. It is highly organized due to the Director actually identifying areas to improve and setting goals and expectations high. I completely disagree with previous review, we have so many team building events and managment is always looking for ways to make everyone happy. You cant please everyone so 1-2 bad apples may think they are being singled out when they are being called out for not pulling their weight. We are very busy but workloads are set to be equal as long as you come to work to work and not play around.

Cons

Certain staff members dont pull their weight and others pay the price by picking up the slack. Other than that, busy but managable.

Advice to Management

Get rid of dead weight and negative specialist that pull the whole team down. The recent management change should fix everything as the director gets the big picture and can see through the excuses. Will lose good employees if the issue employees dont change or get removed from the department. Glad that we finally have a dirctor with goals and that knows the billing system, keep good management as last few years directors didnt have a clue.

6. "As as medical billing specialist I'm able to see the beginning to end process on getting medical bills paid."

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Georgetown, TX
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Georgetown, TX

I have been working at Lone Star Circle of Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The organization is great, for the most part the mission they have set out to serve the underinsured makes anyone happy to work for a company like Lone Star.

Cons

Management at Lone Star is very unorganized, they cater to specific groups with in the billing department specifically and do a terrible job at creating a team work environment.

Advice to Management

Instead of allowing certain groups to alienate another group, work together and help create a teamwork environment.

7. "Director"

Pros

Mission of the organization and the patients it serves.

Cons

At the time, administration was not the best. I hope it has improved.

8. "FULL TIME EMPLOYEE"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX

Pros

Lone Star Circle of Care has been a great place to work. Like with any company, there have been moments of stress. But through strong leadership and a clear mission we have been able to get through it. The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied. I have grown a lot working here.

Cons

None that I can think of.

9. "PSR"

I have been working at Lone Star Circle of Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lone Star Circle of Care offers awesome health benefits. The company is competitive when it comes to compensation. After 6 months with the company you can move to a different dept. if another position with LSCC interest you. LSCC is flexible with work schedules.

Cons

LSCC can improve on doing meetings with the whole company to see exactly who we work with. We do have meetings with CEO Rhonda which is nice, but it would be nice to see the whole company.

10. "Positive Changes/New Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX

I have been working at Lone Star Circle of Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Positive people in leadership roles
    Strong team approach to overcome obstacles
    Leadership seeks creative ideas to promote growth
    Joint Commission accredited
    Pleasant staff
    CEO reaches out to staff- there is transparency to the company's growth

Cons

Staff turnover from providers affect growth.
    Difficult for a person who cannot be flexible with his/her role changes
    May need to wear many hats- again, need to be adaptable to a busy work environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to hear the voice of the staff's needs. Continue to promote positive changes within the company.

11. "customer service"

I have been working at Lone Star Circle of Care full-time

Pros

its been my experience Mgt Is more then willing to work with you medical field was not a field I had any experience in and it was a challenge in the beginning

Cons

I would say and this may not only be LSCC better raises cost of living goes up at least every 6 mths so a more significant raise would help even out the cost of living

Advice to Management

to the company more attention to cost of living