Long Beach Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Douglas L. Melzer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Receptionist"

I worked at Long Beach Medical Center full-time

Pros

Friendly people, team work,

Cons

Cutting hours but it was a busy clinic

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "Great experience!"

Former Employee - CNA in Long Beach, NY
    Former Employee - CNA in Long Beach, NY

I worked at Long Beach Medical Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is great team work on all floors and there is no feeling of the higher ups looking down on you

Cons

The pay is not great and for all tye work done there shouls be a little better pay at least

Advice to Management

Get 1199 in there!

3. "Clerk Per Diem"

Former Employee - Clerk Per Diem for Hermatology Pathology in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Clerk Per Diem for Hermatology Pathology in Long Beach, CA

Pros

It was a big clean hospital enviroment.

Cons

They dont have the patience to let you learn about the position they give to the employee or allow the employee to rrcognize how to succeed.

Advice to Management

To give your new employee a chance and have patience for them to undetstand the job assignment..Ive worked in the Hermatology Pathology lab dept.

4. "Clerk"

Former Employee - Clerical in Freeport, NY
    Former Employee - Clerical in Freeport, NY

I worked at Long Beach Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Long Beach Medical Center provided a family oriented environment. The annual Employee Awards Dinners at Sands were a lot of fun.

Cons

At Long Beach Medical Center, I found it very hard to get salary increases. I also found it extremely difficult to get promoted. It was also hard to get time off. When another employee had more seniority, it was quite possible that an employee with less seniority could never get an approved day off (day before or after a holiday) as long as the employee with the most seniority is still employed there.

Advice to Management

My advice to Management would be to implement team building events, appreciation for employees, pay increases and rotate approved vacation days requested regardless of seniority to be fair.

5. "Was like family"

I worked at Long Beach Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The staff of the hospital had longevity. My favorite part of working there was the feeling of being surrounded by family & friends everyday! We were situated on an inlet off the Atlantic Ocean...with a water view. Our team was a very caring & talented group of people who truly loved the facility & the patients we cared for.

Cons

The compensation was poor, by comparison to other hospital organizations in our area

Advice to Management

Find a way to bring us all back to work

6. "Workforce relationship is the best but Management is the worst and uncooperative."

Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Long Beach, NY
    Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Long Beach, NY

I have been working at Long Beach Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nursing work in the Komanoff is very technical, meaning, it's one of the best place for skills building. Colleagues are supportive and sensitive to the needs of the residents.

Cons

Hospital and Nursing Home management in a disarray. And no immediate plans for disaster preparedness. In a scale of 1 to 10? Answer: 1.

Advice to Management

Total Change of the Management ladder, meaning, new governance is necessary to revise the leadership of the nursing home and the hospital. If possible, The New York State will look into the matter and avoid biases and totally REMOVE the present management team and appoint new and capable ones to ERADICATE CALLOUSES.

7. "Professional Facilliy and Staff"

Former Employee - Administrative in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Long Beach Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good environment, very neat and organized

Cons

None at this time. Very pleased with this job site

Advice to Management

Great Manager; very considerate towards patients and his employees

8. "It was a nice environment to work at, but businesswise not satisfying."

Former Employee - Unit Management Clerk
    Former Employee - Unit Management Clerk

I worked at Long Beach Medical Center part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It was a small hospital where everyone knew each other in a professional way,no fussing,
    everyone almost was team player, cared about patients.

Cons

Administration..... Most of them, were only about themselves.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the administrator!!!!

9. "Amazing Co-Workers, Horrible Upper Management"

Current Employee - Administrative in Long Beach, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative in Long Beach, NY

I have been working at Long Beach Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll work with some of the most amazing people you ever met and the work is rewarding

Cons

Pay is low compared to industry standards. Upper management is old and completely out of touch with anything current. Do not expect to feel like a valued employee. Hospital is in terrible condition but going through some renovations.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone and bring in some new (young) blood. Everything is outdated from your training, to your computers (are you at all familiar with the internet), to the equipment used on the floors. The hospital will continue to suffer as long as the current executive board is in place.

10. "Great training and learning experience, wonderful supportive staff."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Long Beach, CA

Pros

Long Beach Memorial has a great working environment for nurses. Ancillary staff is available when needed. The Lift Team is dedicated to help turn our patients every 2 hours. Endless learning and advancement opportunities.

Cons

There is not many. This a very busy hospital but the extra help that is available makes up for it. Too many rounds.

Advice to Management

Please limit rounding, this takes away the nurse from taking care of the patient. Suggest designating one person/nurse to present all the patients to the group then update the nurse with what was discussed.