LongHorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews about "favoritism"
69% would recommend to a friend
(46 total reviews)
83% approve of CEO
Found 46 of over 2K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management and constantly making scheduling issues" (in 195 reviews)
- "The other employees all feel entitled to be a boss and managers do nothing about it." (in 108 reviews)
- "Management showed clear favoritism and was not consistent in how they disciplined or executed regulations." (in 26 reviews)
- "Time off management and free food" (in 12 reviews)
- "Favorites are abundant, typically employees who stand around doing nothing (talking to managers)" (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of LongHorn Steakhouse and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "favoritism"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Jul 30, 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Whether you’re full time or part time you can make a good amount of money
Management puts the servers beneath the other job classes. There’s quite a bit of favoritism so take heed before working here
- 2.0Dec 19, 2022HostessFormer Employee, less than 1 yearFrederick, MD
-Food perks were good -Fast Paced environment
-Poor Management - Don’t tell them you need a certain day off they won’t listen to you. -Favoritism is huge there -Not all that Flexible with Scheduling
- 4.0Jul 17, 2021ServerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Good money Flexible scheduling Opportunity for growth
High stress Under appreciated and often overlooked Favoritism plays a big role in moving up
- 4.0Nov 23, 2018ServerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNorth Myrtle Beach, SC
*Employee discounts on food *Tips *Menu was easy to learn and understand, which made it easier to explain it to guests
*Manager always copied and pasted our schedule, making it hard to both keep shifts and give them up if you had any obligations outside of work *Alot of favoritism when it came to doing the section chart Alot of big parties that were very demanding and rude, would run servers like crazy, and then barely tip. No gratuity meant we couldn't even grat them automatically. Plus, management would always bow down to them, no matter what, give them free stuff, discounts, etc. They never took up for us.1
- 1.0Oct 11, 2022Store ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Good advancement opportunities if you kiss the right tail.
Forces managers to mistreat team members by putting us in the situation to choose them or us. Favoritism is rampant in all levels. Hard work is under appreciated and not rewarded. For management and crew. Nothing is ever enough. Almost all the work is placed on one or two people. No accountability for managers who show up hours late or completely miss their scheduled shifts. Just a nasty culture.
- 1.0Sep 17, 2022Server/WaiterCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearCheektowaga, NY
There's nothing great about it
Unprofessional management Horrible customers that don't tip Unsupported co-workers You will get bullied if you're new Favoritism among older workers so you will be stuck in a bad section for months Demanding and rude customers due to location Managers do not care about your input but their bonus
- 3.0Nov 15, 2019ServerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsGahanna, OH
- Discount at all restaurants under the Darden umbrella
- Not a great teamwork mentality among servers - Excessive sidework with favoritism
- 3.0Aug 20, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Fun work environment focused on customer experience.
Lots of favoritism and irresponsible scheduling. You will have to stand up for yourself to avoid being over or underscheduled.