LongHorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews about "hour"
69% would recommend to a friend
(455 total reviews)
83% approve of CEO
Found 455 of over 2K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management and constantly making scheduling issues" (in 195 reviews)
- "The other employees all feel entitled to be a boss and managers do nothing about it." (in 108 reviews)
- "Management showed clear favoritism and was not consistent in how they disciplined or executed regulations." (in 26 reviews)
- "Time off management and free food" (in 12 reviews)
- "Favorites are abundant, typically employees who stand around doing nothing (talking to managers)" (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of LongHorn Steakhouse and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "hour"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0May 15, 2019ServerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsMcDonough, GA
Fast money. They work around your schedule most of the time. Always night time hours available.
Long hours with no breaks because the restaurant is constantly busy and you're always on your feet.
- 1.0Oct 11, 2022Store ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Good advancement opportunities if you kiss the right tail.
Forces managers to mistreat team members by putting us in the situation to choose them or us. Favoritism is rampant in all levels. Hard work is under appreciated and not rewarded. For management and crew. Nothing is ever enough. Almost all the work is placed on one or two people. No accountability for managers who show up hours late or completely miss their scheduled shifts. Just a nasty culture.
- 3.0Apr 30, 2021Grill CookFormer Employee, less than 1 yearAllen Park, MI
Weekly pay check.. Flexible hours
Average pay.. Have to work 60+ hours/ week to make a decent pay check
- 4.0Nov 30, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
You will get the hours you need if you show up on time and work hard and not slack off
If you don't work hard or show that you can work you will got the hours you need and eventually get fired
- 4.0Aug 14, 2016Service ProfessionalCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCharlotte, NC
Great pay/ benefits Great culture of respect Management is invested in developing employees interested in growth
Promotion opportunities limited unless you are willing to move. The hours are long and you often work when family/ friends are off making it difficult to have work/life balance
- 4.0Nov 7, 2021Bartender%2FServerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSarasota, FL
Growth within the company is relatively obtainable Money is good
Long hours and lack of flexibility on scheduling
- 4.0Oct 17, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Lots of free food, management will pay for your food a lot. Management puts in effort to make you feel like they care. Teamwork based environment. You typically make a fair amount of money hourly, for the time you are there for. You get your check each week.
I was scheduled for 5 shifts in one week and did not hit 20 hours. They cut you really fast and rush you out of there so shifts can easily be 2-4 hours. A lot of side work, some days I feel like I did more side work than serving. Not much opportunity for promotion
- 3.0Jan 22, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great training program and benefits. Darden is a stable company.
Long hours and not letting managers use their skills that they were hired for.