LongHorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews about "management"
69% would recommend to a friend
(732 total reviews)
83% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management and constantly making scheduling issues" (in 195 reviews)
- "The other employees all feel entitled to be a boss and managers do nothing about it." (in 108 reviews)
- "Management showed clear favoritism and was not consistent in how they disciplined or executed regulations." (in 26 reviews)
- "Time off management and free food" (in 12 reviews)
- "Favorites are abundant, typically employees who stand around doing nothing (talking to managers)" (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of LongHorn Steakhouse and is not affected by filters.
Found 732 of over 2K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "management"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Jan 26, 2015HostessFormer Employee, more than 1 year
The hours were flexible and had no problems with needing days off. The other workers were friendly and had no problems with management and made good tips.
The pay is mainly tips so slow days were often a waste of time. Some guests are hard to deal with but overall a great working experience.1
- 4.0Sep 22, 2015ServerCurrent EmployeeBordentown, NJ
The pay is good even if you only work a few hours
Management is not always reliable in terms of scheduling and being available when needed during shifts
- 3.0Nov 25, 2023HostFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLubbock, TX
Good pay and fun work environment
Management does not schedule correctly and always leave employees to solve problems instead of solving the problems themselves.
- 5.0Jan 21, 2023Server/WaiterFormer Employee, more than 1 yearFort Collins, CO
Started as a hostess/busser and worked my way up to serving. You still make tips as a hostess too which is nice. Management was great if you took time to show them you care. GM was great we called him "Dad" and he really did look out for us young ones. Great place to learn how to hold your own in a fast paced environment and better than expected tips!
Took a year to move from hostess to server because all the other hosts were incompetent. Management frequently brushed aside uncomfortable altercations with customers (liked to have their young girls serve the drunk men)1
- 4.0Aug 19, 2014BartenderCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
FAST $$ Management is easy to approach and very understanding and willing to work with you. Best team of managers I have ever had.
Occasionally I receive false promises of advancement
- 4.0May 29, 2019Server, Service ProfessionalCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHinesville, GA
Decent room for advancement (if you could call it that). Discounts are great. Company culture is alright.
Management are very narrow most often refusing to acknowledge hard work and promote from within.
- 4.0Jan 4, 2018Server/WaitressFormer Employee, more than 1 yearAcworth, GA
I served here and enjoyed it, it was very often busy and made pretty good money through tips. Management was always very helpful at my location and always brought in food for the staff.
You have to deal with the general public and your earnings depend on how much they are willing to spend.
- 4.0Sep 3, 2021ServerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
management was overall effective and was able to receive helpful advice in becoming a better worker
I was working at a management training store (An active store that trains managers) so there were issues that arose from having a constant stream of new managers/ personality conflicts.
- 4.0Jun 30, 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great staff that are fun to be with and are dedicated to serving guests well. Make good money
management is inconsistent with policies and sometimes makes poor decisions but overall they are good. gets very crowded on football weekends but you make good money.