Found 347 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management and constantly making scheduling issues" (in 195 reviews)
- "The other employees all feel entitled to be a boss and managers do nothing about it." (in 108 reviews)
- "Management showed clear favoritism and was not consistent in how they disciplined or executed regulations." (in 26 reviews)
- "Time off management and free food" (in 12 reviews)
- "Favorites are abundant, typically employees who stand around doing nothing (talking to managers)" (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of LongHorn Steakhouse and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "manager"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Oct 11, 2022Store ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Good advancement opportunities if you kiss the right tail.
Forces managers to mistreat team membersForces managers to mistreat team membersForces managers to mistreat team members by putting us in the situation to choose them or us. Favoritism is rampant in all levels. Hard work is under appreciated and not rewarded. For management and crew. Nothing is ever enough. Almost all the work is placed on one or two people. No accountability for managers who show up hours late or completely miss their scheduled shifts. Just a nasty culture.
- 4.0Oct 26, 2015Service AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAthens, GA
Work is manageable and as long as your managers are easy to communicate there shouldn't be any problems
If your managers aren't doing their job, you can't do yours
- 4.0Feb 12, 2016Server/BartenderCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSelinsgrove, PA
I love interacting with my regular customers and the chance to meet new people. Everyday at work is different. The managers work well with me and have been understanding of days off for illness or family emergencies.
I don't really have any cons except maybe the benefits could be better.
- 3.0Aug 18, 2021Take Out Server, ServerFormer Employee, more than 1 year
You make a decent amount of money through tips and wage. The managers are also relatively flexible with your schedule as long as you notify them atleast 2 weeks in advance.
Hours are long with no break and will intentionally make you stay longer if you ask. Many of your coworkers will come and go either due to it being so busy and/or bad guests.
- 4.0Feb 26, 2019ServerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearWaco, TX
Working for Longhorn has been a lot of fun. The managers are understanding and help out whenever and where ever you may need it.
Due to its location in a low income area, income earned through tips is not very consistent
- 3.0Jan 7, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Amazing work environment and pay and a lot of the time The managers are great
some managers suck horribly and don't care about the negative impact on their workers and are passive-aggressive about covid
- 4.0Sep 27, 2016Server/BartenderCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOmaha, NE
If you are willing to work hard, you can make really good money. The company is pretty good to employees.
Managers seem to be overworked all the time and that effects the way the manage the restaurant.1
- 4.0Oct 23, 2014Culinary ProfessionalCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAnderson, SC
You have interaction with managers, guests, BOH, and FOH. Free Manager Meal at the end of your shift. You learn a majority of the things you need to know to become a great manager.
You don't get a lot of hours sometimes, it can sometimes mess with your paycheck if you work your primary position and you are not an hourly employee.1
- 4.0Aug 24, 2022Server/BartenderFormer Employee, more than 1 yearTampa, FL
Good menu to sell, schedules were good
Management was not cohesive Some managers are just straight up awful or never worked a FOH position and don't know how to manage FOH servers