Cover image for LongHorn Steakhouse

LongHorn Steakhouse

Engaged Employer

LongHorn Steakhouse

Add a Review

LongHorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews about "money"

3.8

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl™ on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "money was good and consitant(in 225 reviews)
  • "Pay and hours were good(in 107 reviews)
  • "The tips were great and the people that you wait on are usually very nice.(in 104 reviews)
  • "darden benefits are great and awesome(in 100 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and and cash tips.(in 84 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management and constantly making scheduling issues(in 195 reviews)
  • "The other employees all feel entitled to be a boss and managers do nothing about it.(in 108 reviews)
  • "Management showed clear favoritism and was not consistent in how they disciplined or executed regulations.(in 26 reviews)
  • "Time off management and free food(in 12 reviews)
  • "Favorites are abundant, typically employees who stand around doing nothing (talking to managers)(in 11 reviews)

Ratings by Demographics

Want more options?

This rating reflects the overall rating of LongHorn Steakhouse and is not affected by filters.

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

1. 1.0
      Jun 2, 2016
      Southaven, MS
      Business Outlook

Pros

you make good money working a few days a week and it's really hard to get fired.

Cons

There is no team work or help. The managers don't really care about their employees or if they make money. The managers only seem to care about benefiting themselves, even if that means throwing someone else under the buss

Nov 28, 2021
        To Go Server
        Former Employee, less than 1 year
        Woodstock, GA
        Business Outlook

Pros

good fast money and flexible

Cons

annoying customers and managers in certain times

2. Join the LongHorn Steakhouse team
        See Our Latest Jobs
          Oct 1, 2014
          Former Employee, more than 3 years
          Business Outlook

Pros

money was good and consitant

Cons

everyone out for themselves, no team work

Mar 2, 2016
            Certified Trainer, Server
            Former Employee
            Milledgeville, GA
            Business Outlook

Pros

Willing to work around my (college student) schedule. Make good money for the time put in considering the level of skill being a server takes is small.

Cons

Management was terrible when I worked there. Their concern was covering up mistakes or problems to look as good as possible to corporate. It's like trying to cover an elephant with a rug. Also, there were lots of inefficiency issues at the restaurant - too many menial tasks and other difficulties (15 servers trying to use the same drink machine, for instance) for servers to concentrate on serving their guests well.

Jul 22, 2016
              Server/Bartender
              Current Employee, more than 3 years
              Tampa, FL
              Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours 1/2 off on food when working also 2 free sides per shift

Cons

Money can be good one day and then bad another but that's just the serving biz Not many benefits unless you are serving ful time and plan on doing that for a while

Dec 6, 2021
                Server/Waiter
                Current Employee
                Business Outlook

Pros

Great money and a very easy job

Cons

Customers can be awful and we have to give them a discount for everything. We also don't do automatic gratuity in large parties.

1. 3.0
                  Jan 25, 2023
                  Former Employee, more than 3 years
                  Manhattan, KS
                  Business Outlook

Pros

Longhorn Steakhouse was the perfect opportunity for me as a college student. They were very flexible with my school schedule and I made enough money to pay rent and chip away at my tuition.

Cons

Being a server may not be much physical labor, but the mental labor at this job was taxing on me.

1. 3.0
                    Aug 16, 2018
                    Virginia Beach, VA
                    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at two longhorns for the past two years. Here are some of my honest opinions. Pro: - When i first started, I was a super shy teenager fresh out of high school with social phobia. Working in an environment where you have no choice but to converse with people and deal with all types of people really helped me get out of my shy little bubble and start making friends and enjoy the company of other people. I can honestly say that I've made life long friends at the first location I've worked at. - When it gets busy, you make a lot of money. It's tipped based if you're a server, bartender, runner and host (host will get a small hourly + tips). Server professionals make hourly, but if you're a server doing that also, you wont make any money because the hourly goes to taxes. - winter shifts are the best depending on where you are located because of giant parties. - everyone has your back - very flexible schedule - great job to have if you're in school and you need to make extra money in a split second. all you have to do is pick up a shift and it's a guaranteed $50 - 200 (depending on the season and if it's lunch shift or dinner shift and location).

Cons

- there are coworkers that will never help you or make it a seriously tedious job. - my second location, the managers were terrible. They never do what you request them to, especially with scheduling. - if you aren't good at multi-tasking, then this isn't the job for you - if you can't deal with very annoying and angry customers, then this isn't the job for you. - a lot of people that work here need anger management. just breathe. - if you dont work, you wont make any money. so a lot of people work double shifts in one day up to 6 days a week, which gets tiring physically and mentally.

Dec 18, 2021
                      Host and To-Go
                      Former Employee, more than 1 year
                      Warrington, PA
                      Business Outlook

Pros

It was a good way to make decent money during the pandemic for a student.

Cons

The clientele was horrendous. As a 17yo female working here I would get cat-called, harassed, and cursed at at almost all of my shifts. Managers only seemed to care if it was bothering the customers. They would also never listen to time off requests or schedule changes.

May 23, 2023
                        Newington, NH
                        Business Outlook

Pros

Management was mostly supportive. Money was decent and it’s a good job to start with if you’re new to serving

Cons

Unfairness when it comes to side-work and treatment of newcomers vs veteran staff members who act like they run the restaurant while they barely do anything.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 421 Reviews
                      </>Embed

Popular Careers with LongHorn Steakhouse Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Recruiting Coordinator

Hello! I have two interviews, one tomorrow & another one on Friday. I'm preparing cause I feel that I'm not very good at them & I hate that. So, I'm researching, taking notes & praying a whole lot lol! Is it okay to refer to notes during an interview? Should I ask interviewer if it's okay? I wanna do my best & feel it'll help some ... a little more confidence I guess!

3 Comments

Arizona State University

Can someone provide insights into what to expect during a DevOps internship interview?

0 Comments

Senior Product Manager

What is a normal/common resume length for c2c/consultant roles in tech? What about a fte resume? My contract role resume used to be 5-6pages, this was 4years ago, prior to covid. Not sure if this is still a norm. Meanwhile my fte resume is concise, 2pages long. I have 10years of exp for reference.

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 2,471 LongHorn Steakhouse reviews submitted anonymously by LongHorn Steakhouse employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if LongHorn Steakhouse is right for you.