LongHorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews about "time"
69% would recommend to a friend
(162 total reviews)
83% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "money was good and consitant" (in 220 reviews)
- "The pay is good and the days are short" (in 117 reviews)
- "The tips were great and the people that you wait on are usually very nice." (in 97 reviews)
- "darden benefits are great and awesome" (in 95 reviews)
- "Coworkers were great and friendly." (in 66 reviews)
- "Poor management and constantly making scheduling issues" (in 196 reviews)
- "The other employees all feel entitled to be a boss and managers do nothing about it." (in 104 reviews)
- "The hours are long and you often work when family/ friends are off making it difficult to have work/life balance" (in 85 reviews)
- "Alot of favoritism when it came to doing the section chart" (in 25 reviews)
- "bad communication sometimes" (in 9 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of LongHorn Steakhouse and is not affected by filters.
Found 162 of over 2K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "time"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Feb 12, 2014Restaurant ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDes Plaines, IL
The company works very well with my schedule as I'm going to school as well as working full time. They are very understanding and cooperative. I have an amazing boss and an even greater staff. The company even paid my relocation to Chicago.
The cons would be working late hours. I typically close due to school, so I can be there late at night, but I am a night owl so it's okay with me. I'm also not very knowledgable in the kitchen, which is my biggest area of opportunity, there is just so much to learn.
- 3.0Jul 11, 2015Server/BartenderCurrent EmployeeChesterfield Court House, VA
Flexible hours, It's a great place to work part-time for any college student or any individual looking to work a few hours a day and take home cash.
You must be able to work on the weekends as these times are when servers and bartenders are needed the most. Management has its ups and downs that take time to figure each out and how you should cater to each.
- 3.0Feb 17, 2022Culinary ProfessionalCurrent EmployeeDawsonville, GA
good pay with lots of opportunities for wages. fun coworkers.
Understaffed by design creating stressful work environment where work is assigned but allotted time to do said work is restricted in the same breath.
- 4.0Nov 30, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
You will get the hours you need if you show up on time and work hard and not slack off
If you don't work hard or show that you can work you will got the hours you need and eventually get fired
- 2.0Mar 2, 2016Certified Trainer, ServerFormer EmployeeMilledgeville, GA
Willing to work around my (college student) schedule. Make good money for the time put in considering the level of skill being a server takes is small.
Management was terrible when I worked there. Their concern was covering up mistakes or problems to look as good as possible to corporate. It's like trying to cover an elephant with a rug. Also, there were lots of inefficiency issues at the restaurant - too many menial tasks and other difficulties (15 servers trying to use the same drink machine, for instance) for servers to concentrate on serving their guests well.
- 5.0Jan 24, 2022Anonymous ContractorCurrent Contractor, more than 3 years
Fantastic atmosphere lovely people beautiful staff members management are so kind
Fantastic atmosphere Means that you don’t want to leave and go home you just wanna stay there all the time
- 4.0Sep 27, 2016Server/BartenderCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOmaha, NE
If you are willing to work hard, you can make really good money. The company is pretty good to employees.
Managers seem to be overworked all the time and that effects the way the manage the restaurant.1
- 4.0Jul 22, 2016Server/BartenderCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsTampa, FL
Flexible hours 1/2 off on food when working also 2 free sides per shift
Money can be good one day and then bad another but that's just the serving biz Not many benefits unless you are serving ful time and plan on doing that for a while
- 3.0Sep 10, 2021HostessFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Coworkers are very friendly and helpful a majority of the time.
Management is overbearing, yet enthusiastic. Management also over exaggerated pay, and benefits. There were many complaints about benefits from other employees concerning insurance.