Longwood Management Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Temporary position"

Pros

Loved the flexibility of working all around one of the facilities each day and having to speak with the residents and their families!

Cons

Can be tiring after a work's day

2. "Removed me from the Schedule for Going to the ER"

Former Employee - CNA in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - CNA in Burbank, CA

I worked at Longwood Management Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice coworkers, beautiful Facility great activities team

Cons

gave me the ardest patints each round/DSD took me off schedue after being sick ad in the ER/Out me with the sickest patients every shift making me sick enough to go to the ER. Really didn't enjoy working there and it is a shame that Longwood runs so many Homes around here, I've been scrambling to find a non-Longwood run Facility to work at.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what your DSD is doing to your new employees. If I had documented better, I would be suing. No room for advancement as a CNA either. Unemployment almost impossible to get because I was denied.

3. "Longwood Cares"

Former Employee - Director of Medical Records in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Medical Records in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Longwood Management Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great hospital staff. Excellent Q.A. Team. Great pay and benefits. This employer really cares about their staff and does their best to accommodate any special needs or requests made to them.

Cons

Work load can be sometimes a bit over whelming. Sometimes the nurses can become a little demanding and impatient when their demands aren't met right when they request.

Advice to Management

Think about hiring more staff, especially in your medical records departments. Medical records is what keeps your hospitals going and the work load is heavy and over whelming.

4. "Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Administrator in Montrose, CA
    Current Employee - Administrator in Montrose, CA

I have been working at Longwood Management Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Solid company, great teams, gives resources when needed and lots of support. I recommend my company to many peers all the time. I think it has a great culture, is a good fit for me personally, and I love my boss. I'm lucky to be in the position I am in.

Cons

Conservative, slow to change, not big spenders

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Longwood Management Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Longwood Management is a great place to work. They are understanding employers and I enjoy being with my co-workers every day. I am a long time employee, 19 years, and most of the staff has been here almost as long or longer than me. We have flexible hours and good benefits.

Cons

Any issue I have had has easily been worked out with management.

6. "Longer Years of Service"

Pros

Salary increase every year. Holiday bonus/gifts.

Cons

Group faction. No performance rating.

Advice to Management

Leadership training for supervisors.

7. "They don't appreciate the staff"

Former Employee - LVN in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - LVN in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Longwood Management Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

some of the employees are nice, that's all I can really say about this particular place, oh and the coffee I'd good

Cons

never enough supplies, DON and administrator are money hungry, they want you to falsify information so they can keep getting paid even if person isn't even in the home, always short staffed, will adjust your timesheet hours without notice, unpaid wages and no one cares when you report it.

Advice to Management

come down to see what your facility (Crenshaw Nursing Home) is doing because there is a lot of undercover shady business taking place.

8. ","

I have been working at Longwood Management Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Good Opportunities for promotion.

Cons

Nothing, Not enough parking spaces

Advice to Management

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

9. "Feels like family"

Current Employee - Senior Desktop Support/Network Administrative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Longwood Management Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Whenever I have a question there is always someone happy to assist and work together as a team even though they are in a different department. The employees I work with have a very long history with the company and have work anywhere from 35-5 years. Work is appreciated and you gain recognition for what you have done. Overall I have enjoyed working here and look forward to the many years ahead of me here in this company.

Cons

Parking is the only con I can think of but is expected with the location. Fire trucks always going off across the street also.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Management is great and have appreciated everything you all have assisted with in the time I have been here.

"I have never worked for a company with such poor management, that treats its employees with so little respect."

Former Employee - Mission Hospice in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Mission Hospice in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Co-workers (at Mission Hospice and other Longwood-owned facilities) There are some truly talented, excellent people working for this company. Often, their efforts go entirely unappreciated; ideas for improving the company are ignored.
    Patient care at Mission Hospice is decent. Most of the clinical staff is excellent.

Cons

1) Egregious nepotism. At Mission Hospice, the two top administrators (Exec.Director and Director of Admissions & Marketing) are husband and wife. All employees work under one or the other. This causes numerous conflicts of interest, and prevents employees from being able to report grievances. Furthermore, all employees recognize that when the company prospers, the two "chiefs" are the only ones who reap any benefits. There is a palpable feeling of resentment against the management here.
    2) Punitive environment. Employees are treated like children on a time-out. Examples: One key to the men's room gets misplaced; management enacts a policy that ALL employees must leave their name badge on the front desk when using the restroom. (How humiliating!) Some employees violate the office dress code; "Casual Fridays" are revoked for everyone. Management announces an "Employee Appreciation Lunch"... but its a pot-luck where the employees are expected to bring their own food. (Gee, thanks.)
    3) My experience: after several weeks of working at Mission Hospice and doing great work, I was "promoted" to a new position, given significantly more responsibilities and promised a raise and a computer station of my own (my new job entailed word processing). After several weeks in my new position and much positive feedback, they still had not increased my salary, or provided me with a computer, though it would have been easy to do so (move one from an empty office, etc). When I would bring up the issue, I was given excuses or avoided. I was also consistently given assignments that required me to stay later than my clock-out time and on multiple occasions, was prevented from taking my mandatory lunch break. Worst of all, though, was dealing with a management whose idea of leadership was based on tactics of manipulation, humiliation, discouragement, punishment and the belief that people will do anything to keep their job in this terrible economy.
      I was a faithful volunteer for Mission Hospice for six months until I became an employee. I was a dedicated employee for five months until I was fired, without cause. I had never been written up; I had never received anything except positive feedback from other employees and patients. I hope that - for the sake of the genuinely talented people who still work for Mission, and the patients they serve - Longwood makes some serious efforts to improve they way they treat their employees.

Advice to Management

The heading of the Mission Hospice website reads "You matter because of who you are." If a company does not treat its own employees with dignity and respect, how can it honestly espouse that it cares about the "uniqueness of each individual" patient?
     1) Employee satisfaction does not preclude solvency or prosperity. Really, it doesn't.
     2) Why is MH so disorganized? Because there is NO FLOW! Some employees have way too much to do, some have too little, communication is terrible, and there is a total disconnect between the clinical staff and the rest of the staff.
     3) It wouldn't hurt to make the office a little more presentable, not quite so depressing. Give it a paint job, at least. Interviewees have actually walked out upon arrival because they didn't want to work in such a dismal environment.
    Thank you for reading.